Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

POSSIBLE National Rail strike coming up

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The strike is off! The RMT has agreed a deal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The strike is off! The RMT has agreed a deal.

The industrial action is suspended , the RMT and TSSA are considering revised offers from Network Rail , both unions haven't agreed a deal.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The industrial action is suspended , the RMT and TSSA are considering revised offers from Network Rail , both unions haven't agreed a deal.

Well, I knew it was something like that. The strike's off anyway.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Aren't there any Polish train drivers out there?? If I was in charge of Southern, I would be out there recruiting right now.

Too late old fella, been plenty for years and they are more mercenary and know the value of their worth far more than the English guys, I'd say that they would be amongst the leaders agitating for a dispute for more pay.

Try again.

Too late old fella, been plenty for years and they are more mercenary and know the value of their worth far more than the English guys, I'd say that they would be amongst the leaders agitating for a dispute for more pay.

Try again.

You're not wrong there,got loads of Poles at Morden depot,good lads,staunch trade unionists,wouldn't call them mercenary though,as you say, know their worth.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Try again.

Filipinos then.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Breaking news:

RMT union members at Network Rail are to go on strike next month after rejecting a pay offer.

They will hold a 24-hour strike from 17:00 BST on 4 June and a 48-hour strike from 17:00 BST on 9 June.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The largest rail union, RMT, today confirmed that members will be taking 24 hours of strike action from 5pm Thursday 4th June through to 4.59pm on Friday 5th June in the current dispute over pay and jobs at Network Rail with a further 48 hours of action from 5pm On Tuesday 9th June to 4.59pm on Thursday 11th June. In addition there will be action short of a strike from 00.01 Saturday 6th June to 23.59 on Friday 12th June.

So that is affectively 2 and 3 working days respectively should they go ahead.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Breaking news:

RMT union members at Network Rail are to go on strike next month after rejecting a pay offer.

They will hold a 24-hour strike from 17:00 BST on 4 June and a 48-hour strike from 17:00 BST on 9 June.

Oaks day - how inconsiderate.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
If you've pre-bought your tickets absolutely. Make sure you claim two hours delay (100% refund - at least with Southern anyway) each way.

Govia and Virgin were both offering full refunds for tickets as well as allowing out of date tickets to travel when the first strike was to go ahead. I can't see why this time is any different.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
If you've pre-bought your tickets absolutely. Make sure you claim two hours delay (100% refund - at least with Southern anyway) each way.

I've got a season ticket. Thanks for letting me know as when I asked their staff they said it is included in the discount I get when I renew next year, so no point claiming!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Strikes called off (for now, at least) according to Southern Rail on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here