Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible increase in season ticket prices IF promoted

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Less games.

Less games, and far, far more TV money.

Seeing as this has morphed into another arguing thread, can I add my own branch of petty and pointless corrections by suggesting that "fewer" would be correct and that "less" should be used here on fewer occasions... or not at all.

See you in the queue to return season tickets if we're not in the Champions' League by August. :flameboun

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It depends where you sit in the Amex and where your mate sits in the Etihad. Dont forget Man City have a 60,000 capacity stadium. Our tickets also have the travel subs added to them. Their season tickets on average are more expensive than ours. With an added 15% would most probably bring us closer in line with them.

Etihad's capacity is much lower than that at 47,800.

The price differences are more an affluent London and the home counties, versus the rest, dichotomy:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, QPR charge/ed a lot for PL football, because they can get away with it, even if losing football. For every poor fan that's got priced out in the last 20 years, a more well-off middle class football fan has taken their place.

Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Man C, charge far less and so have maintained much of their 'working class' support.

Not sure about Man U, but they would be able to get away with higher prices than other 'northern' PL clubs with many waiting to see them and their success, as well as football tourists on packages.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that not the same in any walk of life? I wish I could drive an Aston Martin and enjoy nice holidays, yet my income dictates the level of such 'luxuries'.

A match used to cost the same as a packet of cigarettes. That would be the equivalent of £7 or £8 now.
Never mind after 50 odd years of support, I'll give up my luxuries. (I stopped smoking over 20 years ago)

There's a campaign by fans called Twenty's plenty. Look it up.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A match used to cost the same as a packet of cigarettes. That would be the equivalent of £7 or £8 now.
Never mind after 50 odd years of support, I'll give up my luxuries. (I stopped smoking over 20 years ago)

There's a campaign by fans called Twenty's plenty. Look it up.

When my Dad started taking me to The Goldstone in 1972 I feel sure it was a reasonable and fair cost in relation to his weekly wage. Today, and wrongly in my view, that is not the case cost wise. That said however the 'body' that IS SKY has changed football forever and the game is no longer the working man's game which is wrong. On a personal note I refuse to pay a SKY subscription on that very basis, yet I fear that a return to 'the good old days' will not happen in my lifetime whilst ordinary players are earning £100k+ per week.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That is the beauty of living in a democracy, those that wish to shall indeed pay more should it arise, and those that wish not do are equally at liberty to do as they see fit. No big deal really.

Although you should expect to regularly be told by :tosser:s that you're a shit fan because you 'don't put as much money as you could into the club.'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When my Dad started taking me to The Goldstone in 1972 I feel sure it was a reasonable and fair cost in relation to his weekly wage. Today, and wrongly in my view, that is not the case cost wise. That said however the 'body' that IS SKY has changed football forever and the game is no longer the working man's game which is wrong. On a personal note I refuse to pay a SKY subscription on that very basis, yet I fear that a return to 'the good old days' will not happen in my lifetime whilst ordinary players are earning £100k+ per week.

Some clubs put their prices down for this current season including Man City.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24052562

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that not the same in any walk of life? I wish I could drive an Aston Martin and enjoy nice holidays, yet my income dictates the level of such 'luxuries'.

You're doing that annoying obtuse thing. Stop it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here