Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possibility of penalties...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Didn't Hammond used to take them?

Spot on there. Always at Withdean during his first spell with us and I can't recall many misses. God knows how many vital points he won for us through penalties. Hans Kraay Fan Club and I are forever reminding people how good Hammond is at pens.

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
In the champions league final Chelsea planned to let Drogba take the one with the most pressure, so to win it they would let him take it, so I would have this situation for Lopez.

Barnes
Orlandi
Ulloa
Bridcutt
Lopez

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Spot on there. Always at Withdean during his first spell with us and I can't recall many misses. God knows how many vital points he won for us through penalties. Hans Kraay Fan Club and I are forever reminding people how good Hammond is at pens.

Correct.

Particularly remember a pressure one, last minute at home (to Colchester?) to win the game. Harry Singh was the ref ("oh, Monty, Monty,... Monty, Monty, Monty, Monty Pan-Es -ar")

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't actually what Ulloa as high up the list as many are putting him.

1. Lopez
2. Vicente
3. Orlandi
4. Barnes
5. Ulloa
--
6. Calderon
7. Buckley

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It would only be right to the FLAIR gods if Gus insisted each player performed a novely kick.

Vicente - Kick the ball in with the standing foot rather than the kicking one.
Spanish D - dink down the middle
Scottish Liam - Stutter and pass into the corner.
Italian Andrea - Spin just before the ball and backheel in..
Austrian Ashley - Do a comical 'tripping' over and STUTTER into the ball, thus toe poking it in off the bar.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Most of these selections are unrealistic, as we have far to many attacking players taking pens.

It is unlikely that you will have

Barnes
Buckley
Orlandi
Spanish Dave
Vicente
and
Ulloa

all on the pitch at the same time.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
For the record...

Brez has been in goal for 14 pens. Saving 5. The last save being in Feb 2012, before that he saved 1 in 2011, 2 in 2010, and 1 in 2009.

Jimmy Grimble

Can't believe the amount of suggestions for Orlandi. His finishing for us has been terrible when he has too long to think about it!

Dave
Vicente
Barnes
Bridge
Ulloa

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For the record...

Brez has been in goal for 14 pens. Saving 5. The last save being in Feb 2012, before that he saved 1 in 2011, 2 in 2010, and 1 in 2009.

So TK saves 1 in 10. That's play-off heartbreak, right there.
CA saves 1 in 6. Not enough. Wembley tears.
PB saves better than 1 in 3.

Good stats, and confirms what I've said previously. Get Brez on the bench in the play offs please, and if the scores are level after 119 minutes, get him on. It will freak out the opposition, that fact we bring him on - put in their takers' minds the idea that he must be brilliant at saving them. He's also massive. If you were stood over a crucial penalty at Wembley, Brez would fill the goal.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So TK saves 1 in 10. That's play-off heartbreak, right there.
CA saves 1 in 6. Not enough. Wembley tears.
PB saves better than 1 in 3.

Good stats, and confirms what I've said previously. Get Brez on the bench in the play offs please, and if the scores are level after 119 minutes, get him on. It will freak out the opposition, that fact we bring him on - put in their takers' minds the idea that he must be brilliant at saving them. He's also massive. If you were stood over a crucial penalty at Wembley, Brez would fill the goal.

Rumour has it that Brez has been coaching Kuszczak on saving them. Allegedly, they've been doing drills for hours after training on springing one way and then the other.

Just in case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here