Possibility of penalties...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
1.Lopez
2.Barnes
3.Bridge
4.Vicente
5.HAMMOND.

I'd love it if a Sussex lad could score the Pen to to us in the Premier League.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I dont know, just when you think of Barnes and Pens, normally the image is a miss!! remember the one he scored against Liverpool, but thats about it!

was it last season he scored 6/7 pens at one point.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
was it last season he scored 6/7 pens at one point.

that was last season. this season I dont think it is very good and I actually recall Gus making a statement that Barnes will never take another spot kick whilst he is manager.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Upson
Greer
Painter
Hammond
Crofts

Or if we are aren't trying to see how many people from the British Isles can miss...

Spanish Dave
Barnes
Vicente
Buckley
Orlandi

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you are joking? His record is not good enough to take a pressure spot kick.
I dont know, just when you think of Barnes and Pens, normally the image is a miss!! remember the one he scored against Liverpool, but thats about it!
Palace away last year damn it, Palace away. 1-0 down and he stopped them doing the double over us :bowdown:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Palace away last year damn it, Palace away. 1-0 down and he stopped them doing the double over us :bowdown:

ill give you that one, but that was last year when he was ok, this year, just not good enough, better spaniardsa round who I would pefer instead. This season key games against Bolton at home and Leicseter away spring to mind

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Perhaps Barnes should take the FIRST one? Slightly less pressure and if he misses we have time to recover!

Barnes still on the pitch after 120? :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why have we even got this stupid thread, I'm nervous now and we've got 3 games plus added time to play before there's even the possibility of penalties.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Imagine if it did come down to the final pen though - promotion and £120 million riding on one kick. You're right, it doesn't bare thinking about...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Actually Hammond is a really good shout.

I'm changing my order to:

DAVE
ASHLEY
DEAN
LEO/VICENTE (Depending on whether a Panenka is required)
LEO/VICENTE
-
INIGO
WAYNE

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why have we even got this stupid thread, I'm nervous now and we've got 3 games plus added time to play before there's even the possibility of penalties.

Just a question. Sorry.

Oct 25, 2003
1. David Lopez........he is so calm under pressure and he has great technique
2. Vicente.......used to be penalty taker for Valencia and scored in the Europa League final from the spot
3. Dean Hammond....remember him being a very solid penalty taker in his first spell here, plus he seems to have really stepped up to the plate in recent weeks and could take the pressure
4. Leonardo Ulloa....Our main striker, has to take one
5. Inigo Calderon.......Simply because I'd love him to fire us into the top flight...what a man

6. Ashley Barnes...has been a good kick taker in the past, and seems to be a CHANGED MAN lately
7. Wayne Bridge....would fancy him to handle the pressure and he has great technique

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Interesting that most people go for the Spanish players (and I would too), when nationally at least their record in penalty shootouts is almost as woeful as Englands.

Spanish Dave
Ulloa
Hammond
Buckley
Vicente

Bridge
Bridcutt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here