Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from tonight

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The NS was bloody amazing, backed by the rest of the stadium. Best atmosphere for years imo.

95% never gave up, staying to the end.

Roaring the players on.

So glad I went.

This is probably the best bit.

We dusted ourselves down, got off the canvas and sung the team to an equaliser.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Any ‘frustration’ at not winning was overridden by our clear superiority.
Quiet confidence that we are going step by step, in the right direction.
Any observation on Palace must conclude that Connor Gallagher is a good player. That’s the Chelsea owned player who at the end of the season will return to West London or head off to a major European team.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Didn’t lose, look great, created lots of chances. Didn’t really miss Biss. Moder’s looking the real deal and what’s not to love about BDB.

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Dougie and SE20 will be MIA for another week at least.

:wave:

Poor performance from us, but we did produce the move of the game with our goal.
That’s 1042 days since you last beat us, football is a cruel mistress.:tantrum:
Till the next time ......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Poor performance from us, but we did produce the move of the game with our goal.

I thought Anderson nutmegging his own keeper was pretty good, myself.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Any ‘frustration’ at not winning was overridden by our clear superiority.
Quiet confidence that we are going step by step, in the right direction.
Any observation on Palace must conclude that Connor Gallagher is a good player. That’s the Chelsea owned player who at the end of the season will return to West London or head off to a major European team.

I agree Gallagher is a good player, but, I didn’t think he was tonight.
Mac had him in his pocket until Lallana went off,
Hughes, on the other hand, was their best player, he surprised me how good he looked.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Just think if you havnt ****ed it up twice in the past couple of minutes of these game You would actually above us as you say football is a cruel mistress

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I agree Gallagher is a good player, but, I didn’t think he was tonight.
Mac had him in his pocket until Lallana went off,
Hughes, on the other hand, was their best player, he surprised me how good he looked.

He's not a bad linkman in midfield if he stays on his feet. Surprisingly, he did\n't spend 20 minutes kissing the turf today. I guess the wind wasn't blowing in the stadium.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It was an entertaining game, nearly wasn't though.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
From WS lower it didn't look like there were many empty seats across the ground, where I was in WS lower, there was singing. It kind of felt like a a 'proper' match after 2 years of Covid crap.
As weird as this may sound... when you walk through the Stanmer Park path & see a gobshite palace fan trying to have a sneaky wee by a tree, while singing palace songs & his 2 mates are desperately trying to tell him to shut up, it made it seem really normal (they seemed alright for palace fans). I wore a mask in the concourse in between sipping my beer & eating my pie which wasn't quite normal but it didn't matter.
We didn't lose, it was an exciting game, I had a pie & a pint and it felt 'normal' for the first time in 2 years. :amex:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Celebrating a draw again, ffs

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Previously we've been near the top of teams losing the most points from a winning position, this season we have to be near the top of points gained from a losing position.

Last minute drawing goals will always be celebrated and feeling like a win tbf.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Hang on, how come you're not talking about what a fantastic manager and fantastic players you've got? You've been saying it all season.

Really scraping the barrel on the gloating front tonight.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’ve got a Palace supporting friend who usually has a snide remark for me after any match between the two clubs. After tonight he messaged to say he was delighted with their point and that we’re a striker away from leaving them for dust.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
There was one point in the secind half They had the ball heading towards us in the NW corner and PG attempted to run to close down the cross. He looked like he was running on the spot.

Love the guy but what little pace he didn't have, seems to have got worse.

And with no dead ball skills (terrible penalty), that's really got to be the end of his PL career.

Funnily enough, penalty miss aside, I thought he had a really decent first half. He was linking the play well with some really good first time passes, something I haven't seen him do for a long time. Sadly though, I agree that time is running out on his time in the PL. It's fantastic to see Moder and particularly Mac Allister doing so well, and we've got Mwepu to return and Caicedo to look forward to. I will be gutted to lose Bissouma, but midfield is an area of increasing strength and I've no doubt we will more than cope when he eventually leaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here