Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from tonight

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Completely dominant performance, the better team, we didn’t lose, we’re missing our best two players, we’re not far off. Attitude spot on.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We absolutely battered them without the following players starting the game:

Dunk
Bissouma
Welbeck
Lamptey

What a team.

In fairness they had 3 key players out including Mr Tumble who likes to save his best as we know for us at the Amex.

I’m going to take issue with the word battered though. I’d only use that if we actually scored and won the match by a few goals. Surely you only batter someone when you win at the very least?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I stuck some cash on 1-0 Palace when we missed the penalty.

I’m frankly delighted I didn’t win my bet. :lolol:

You Sir won us the match then. Thank you for your sacrifice! :)

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
In fairness they had 3 key players out including Mr Tumble who likes to save his best as we know for us at the Amex.

I’m going to take issue with the word battered though. I’d only use that if we actually scored and won the match by a few goals. Surely you only batter someone when you win at the very least?

Battered but not fried?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There's a lot of positives to take, yes we should have won the game at a canter based on our first half display, but we could have easily let our heads drop after their goal and our lack of penetration/pace in our play in the 2nd half. Once again Neal involved in a key late goal, he's been brilliant for us this season & with several key players missing and yet another midfield injury most of the lads can hold their heads high.

Gross had a stinker but not going to lay into him too much, he's not had a lot of minutes this season and his legs seem to be gone for playing at this level, but what a superb servant he has been for the club, we would not be in the Prem without him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Positives from the game.

The first half was excellent apart from a poor penalty.

That’s it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Alexis Mac had a cracker of a game - he's really finding his feet in this league and BDB continued his run of form,

Loved the atmosphere, almost Goldstone-like

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Our relatively comfortable league position and points total makes it much easier to be philosophical about not getting the points we deserved from the game. We could enjoy simply being better than them and playing some simply lovely football which they could not get close to. It is much harder to shrug off lost points when you are trying to climb away from the bottom area.

This is part of what we wanted from getting into the Premier League....being able to enjoy good football !

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

As in when you are battering On a door, doesn’t mean you always get through it…

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Gross to some team in the Eredivisie - loan or sale - officially announced?

There was one point in the secind half They had the ball heading towards us in the NW corner and PG attempted to run to close down the cross. He looked like he was running on the spot.

Love the guy but what little pace he didn't have, seems to have got worse.

And with no dead ball skills (terrible penalty), that's really got to be the end of his PL career.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Celebrating a draw again, ffs

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here