Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Everton)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apologies, how many years do you feel we have tried to play football now? As you mentioned many.
Yeh def since Potter came in and Hughton went. Loved CH but in the prem we weren’t pretty. Never known us spoil games - not since McGhee days really - like the play off final! But Dyche and Fulham / Palace etc seem to stay up doing it. It’s annoying.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Yeh def since Potter came in and Hughton went. Loved CH but in the prem we weren’t pretty. Never known us spoil games - not since McGhee days really - like the play off final! But Dyche and Fulham / Palace etc seem to stay up doing it. It’s annoying.
I can certainly concur with that, how do these tin hat managers sleep at night. I wouldn't watch Everton for toffee.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Milner...thought he was excellent.

Yes, agreed. I thought it was his best game for us.

All about opinions but thought he was terrible second half & I'm usually positive! That said he was clearly playing out of position as a right footed left back and is doing a job for us so don’t wanna be too harsh. A few times it showed and once he curled it out of play poorly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The positive is a great point that I didn’t think was ever coming in the second half - and it was always going to need a bit of luck and fair play to Mitoma for creating that luck.

I have to say that’s the first time in quite a while I’ve been bored stiff watching us play, just lots of shuffled possession generally going down the well defended blind alleys Dyche wanted us to go down. He’ll probably be spitting bricks it didn’t totally work for them - another positive!

Shout out to Dahoud who I thought was our one midfielder to play today with a bit of urgency. Fati and JP looked threatening but still too many rotten balls into them
Good call on Dahoud. I really like him and think he’s a level above Gilmour to be honest. Would like him to start more.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Thought we fought hard after they scored but was so proud of the lads fighting back after having that goal disallowed- mentally that could have derailed us but we came back to equalise - that shows courage, heart and a hunger to win. As long as we have that, and as long as we play the ’better football’ that‘s a big positive - for me.

We are a small fish in one the biggest ponds of league football in the world and hanging onto to a 7/6th place nearly 30% through the season. We recently gave a football lesson to a 3 consecutive times Champions League winner and one of the most successful clubs in world football have loaned us a player to get him up to their speed again.

What’s not positive about that?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Had a little gander on the grand old team forum and saw some laughable comments about the way we play being boring to watch each week. OK we weren't at our best today but christ it's not easy to find an opening when a team sits so deep (at home too ffs). Not to mention the fact we're 4th top goalscorers in the league - we cant be that dull to watch every week.

Very very rich from Everton fans anyway considering how shit they've been for years and how much money they've spent in the process of remaining so shit. A club the size of Everton should not be settling for Sean Dyche as manager long term - all round embarrassing really

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Gilmour had a shocker today but he’s been excellent this season. Dahoud has been incredibly average.
You honestly think Gilmour has been excellent this season? I would say positively average.

Dahoud is new to the team and learning RDZ football but to me has already shown he is going to be quality and will be a definite upgrade on WBG when he’s fully up to speed.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
You honestly think Gilmour has been excellent this season? I would say positively average.

Dahoud is new to the team and learning RDZ football but to me has already shown he is going to be quality and will be a definite upgrade on WBG when he’s fully up to speed.
Yeah I do, but let’s agree to disagree. Gilmour is however 5 years younger than Dahoud and has much more room to develop than Dahoud does.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Dahoud’s weakness is his reluctance to tackle, something Billy certainly doesn’t shy away from. I think Gilmour has been pretty good this season, he’s been put into some unenviable battles like at Villa Park. I think we’ll see the best of him if/when he gets the chance to play alongside Baleba, with Groß the 3rd midfielder and Pervis overlapping the midfield.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is this a joke? Apologies if not, but you can never tell with Lamptey 😬
With some luck it was just a very minor thing or feeling ill or something and not related to the injury he’s just come back from!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here