Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Forest game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Game management in the last 10 mins
Lalllanas passing and sh1thousery
Solly March walking with only a slight limp.
Still walking with a limp almost 5 months after the injury and op? Not sure that's quite so positive, if I'm being honest. It's certainly going to take him some hard work to get back to match fitness by August.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
- Igor our new #1 left back
No way for me - he was woeful in Rome and got outpaced all night. He’s a decent squad player but a bit hot and cold. Pervis is out of form at the moment though.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
IF that had gone in, it would have been quite something to work out how many passes preceded it. Got to be 300 or so, I reckon.

Corrected that for you

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
-baleba and Bart, if zerbi drops both he is clueless
-game closer to Pedro coming back (surely bench for Liverpool)
-Gilmour back
-first win to nil of the season

Shame Newcastle and Chelsea have super easy run ins. We will need to beat Chelsea, Man U, and Newcastle to get europe.
Never that simple though is it… Also factually untrue - we won’t HAVE to beat those 3 teams to get European football whatsoever…

Also, nobody knows what will be enough for Europe - it could well be 8th you know..

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Still walking with a limp almost 5 months after the injury and op? Not sure that's quite so positive, if I'm being honest. It's certainly going to take him some hard work to get back to match fitness by August.
He didn't have his ACL surgery until December so he's only 3 months post that, he had his meniscus done almost straight after the injury occurred then had to wait for the swelling etc from that to go down before he could have his ACL repaired. However given that he's been shown doing some light training and strength work, including on the warm weather training trip to Dubai, it is concerning if he has a limp, hopefully it's nothing that is going to set his recovery back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe he was limping because he's got a blister on his heel, or his back is aching from sleeping funny, or because he's been sitting with his weight on one leg and has pins & needles :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
With all this discussion, and I may be totally wrong as I wasn’t watching that closely (@Cordwainer may have been!), I saw the footage (start of second half walking out tunnel?) and didn’t see a limp. In fact, I thought to myself it’s great he’s walking ok…

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We were very poor today and surprised was outplayed by Forest in 2nd half but on basis think season could of faded fast if we lost was a game when perhaps points more important than performance

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Maybe he was limping because he's got a blister on his heel, or his back is aching from sleeping funny, or because he's been sitting with his weight on one leg and has pins & needles :)
Maybe he was deliberately limping, but taking the weight off his other leg - specifically to strengthen his operated on knee??!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
As many have said, Moder is back, Bart can catch and distribute, we won, scored from a corner and the EDF buses were good!

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
With all this discussion, and I may be totally wrong as I wasn’t watching that closely (@Cordwainer may have been!), I saw the footage (start of second half walking out tunnel?) and didn’t see a limp. In fact, I thought to myself it’s great he’s walking ok…
Only saw it for a split second..could very easily have mistaken a slightly bandy legged ballers swagger for a small limp! He made solid enough contact with the water bottle/plastic cup that was on the floor though..all is not lost..apologies if I’ve unnecessarily worried anyone!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I also think we can beat them, but not by five goals. A win would be great, but I'm under no illusion that we'll go through to the next round.
Seriously, can anyone really see us scoring five against Roma?

We need 4-0 in the 90. After that, it's anyone's game.

I said a similar thing to my Jnr on Fri that teams have made immense comebacks. His reply was 'who and when'? I think I said Sheffield vs Feyenoord as I couldn't remember what had been posted here. I then made a rapid exit from his room saying 'I'll check on NSC, but it's definitely happened'. :lolol:

Saw a good list already been provided earlier. Might add the Liverpool vs Barcelona comeback. It was only a 3-0 deficit, but relevant in this instance given Milner was involved in Liverpool's 4-0 second leg result. Maybe he can pass on some of that magic...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here