Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portugal v Iceland

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Cracking result.
Can't stand Portugal or that stroppy little whinger.
I hope the fail to make it out the group.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ronaldo walked off the pitch without shaking a single Icelandic players hand. That's just childish.

Cracking point for Iceland and well deserved.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
*snigger*

aww.JPG

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A nation with the population of greater Faversham, 30% of whom are there in the crowd....:

and 0.007% of whom are on the pitch. And if you break that down to just those of their population who are male and between the ages of 20 to 34, the age range of the average professional footballer it probably equates to about 0.2% of their population playing for them.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/007-of-icelands-population-is-playing-for-iceland-1465858000

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I would agree about parking the bus with other, better teams for example Chelsea in the European cup final a few years back. However his comments about their style and the way they celebrated, show an ignorance that is hard to believe. He is quite clearly thick and nasty with it.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

You are a great footballer but sadly you are not very bright

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would agree about parking the bus with other, better teams for example Chelsea in the European cup final a few years back. However his comments about their style and the way they celebrated, show an ignorance that is hard to believe. He is quite clearly thick and nasty with it.

Sent from the boot of Lingard
This in spades. I have never disliked Ronaldo until this fit of pique. Outrageous that he's not big enough to commend Iceland on a job well done in the way that that the South African rugby team did to the Japanese after that classic at the Amex.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Great result for Iceland ,as for Ronaldo sour grapes from a player who knows that he will never win anything as an international player. Portugal bottle it more than England when it matters.Not shaking hands lacks class in my book.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
What a graceless prick he is. The thing is, I don't actually think Iceland were that defensive. They came forward when they had the chance and could even have nicked the game. Certainly seen sides who've parked the bus more than they did.

Totally.

They just played within the limited skillset they have. Italy were mega defensive, playing on the counter against Belgium and Conte is being hailed as a tactical genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here