Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth Manager Sacked

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My mistake. They only got 18,000 on the first day of the season. They actually average 15,400, and the next best in the entire division is 6,900 (Plymouth). I dislike Portsmouth as much as the next man, but to be fair to them, these are phenomenal numbers for a team near the bottom of League Two. Their current crowd would be 12th best in the Championship and third best in League One.

Regardless, it's a MUCH better job than clowning around in front of 3,000 people rattling around the tin sheds at the Broadfield, knowing that your only realistic achievement is to be safe with a handful of games to play.

They get large crowds because the new owners took control after years of mismanagement. New dawn and all that.

Now it turns out these people are almost as incompetent as the overspending muppets beforehand, which is pleasing, and will mean 9,000 rattling around in league 2 next season. :lolol:

It's lucky for Portsmouth that their arch rivals Southampton are almost as TERRIBLE as they are, and the other local team to the east is only getting double their gates just two divisions higher in a spanking new stadium. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What's the away capacity at Fratton? That 18,000 gate on the first day of the season included, I suspect, a couple of thousand from Oxford United. Short trip, new season optimism, chance to visit a ground you hadn't been to for years, etc.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here