Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth Manager Sacked

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I could see Warnock doing it. He lives in Cornwall, and while hardly a short commute, it's a fair bit closer than many clubs. Wonder how much money he'd want (the "free" thing was clearly just a soundbite)...and how much they'd pay him?

Does seem slightly premature to have sacked Whittingham though. They're lower mid table, and have lost four in a row, two of which were fairly pointless cup games. Do they think they have a divine right to promotion or something?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Portsmouth_468x354.jpg

Give the job to John Anthony Portsmouth Football Club Westwood, he couldn't do any worse.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can we revive that old Pompey thread? That used to be my go to place when I needed cheering up.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Guy at work is a Pompey fan (poor sod) reckons warnock said he will do the job for free. Even if the offer was genuine most candidates will end up doing it for nothing as chances are they won't get paid, just join the list of creditors next time around

Warnock,is not a bad 'shout' to be honest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who or what is Portsmouth?
They are a little team along the coast who play in a noddy league in a noddy little ground and who lose football matches at home to various crustacean nicknamed clubs from other seaside villages.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We've got this far into the thread and no one has referred to them by their correct name: Lower League Pompey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here