Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Popular sports you don't give a rats arse about.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Rugby - organised thuggery
Tennis - I would rather watch paint dry
Show jumping etc - pointless
Horse racing - boring
Anything American which is not played in the rest of the world...........

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
1) Baseball. Pointless, wearisome and one dimensional.
2) Squash. Many have taken it up to be fashionable ( a status thing ). Banging a little rubber ball at the same piece of wall for ages on end, by people desperate to induce a heart attack and being allowed to deliberately obstruct your opponent. Ridiculous.
3) Dressage. Horses prancing around a small arena in an effeminate fashion. God give me strength.

yes agree with this

also

Basketball
Swimming
Badmington (no man should ever play this game)
American Football
Hockey (no man should ever play this game)
Ice Skating (no man should ever put ladies clothes on and skate around on ice,bizarre)

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
All motor sports, darts, wrestling, all winter sports, all racket sports, any sport that is involved in the Olympics, cricket, rugby, all sports involving horses, actually come to think about it, the only sports that I do like are football and fishing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cycling - particularly Tour de France. Clearly they are all very fit, the sprint's, King of the Mountains etc.....

But I just don't get it. Boring TV sport other than the finish.

Also F1, first bend then after that, just a precession.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One day cricket. Not CRICKET, but ONE DAY CRICKET Specifically.

Test Cricket - days of building tension, and unfolding epic drama. Traditions built on centuries of history.
T20 - amusing explosive spectacle.

But the 50 over bollocks. Meh.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
horse racing= just for betting, rugby= a load of people trying to kill someone running across a field with a ball in their arms, american football= pussy rugby, golf= tedious , snooker= tedious, darts= how is it a sport?, athletics= Makes me feel like an inadequate human being when I watch it, Test cricket (5day)= tedious, much prefer 1 day or t20...

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Tennis, Golf, Rugby (Union only, detest it) F1, Pool, Snooker, Darts, Cycling,
Horse Racing,

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I like: Football, Cricket (all forms), Olympics, Tennis (Wimbledon only) and Darts. Dislike everything else.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Basketball.
Any sport where its actually more of a shock when you DON'T score has to be a wrong-un. Watching a series of 7ft freaks going to and fro, nonchalently plopping a ball through a hoop ad-infinitum, its just points diarrohea. Games ending up 107-109, thats just STOOPID. And I can't abide the sound of squeaking trainers on a polished floor.

Ice Hockey.
Just an excuse for a series of pointlessly contrived tedious fights and scuffles amongst the players, inbetween which (occasionally) a game of hockey breaks out. Oh look, they're bashing each other up against the barriers, oh look he's punching him in the head, oh look, he's twatted him with his stick. Again. Zzzzzzzz. The all-but invisible puck doesn't really help either. Oh, and its one of those sports that seems to be a magnet for morons in the crowd holding up poorly-scrawled flourescent cardboard signs saying "HELL YEAH" or "BOO-YA" or "BUFFALO SUCKS ASS". These people should have their dismal home-made tat burned at the turnstile, before being marched round to the back of the stand and shot in the FACE.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Rugby and American Football, both dreadful, dreadful sports.

Golf is horrible to watch but good to play.

Somewhat against the grain of the thread I do like tennis, even though I'm awful at it.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Golf, Tennis, Rugby (particularly Union), Cycling, American football, Cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here