Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Popular sports you don't give a rats arse about.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Tennis, rugby, athletics, horse racing (if that counts as a sport (it doesn't :D)).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Running,all forms sprint to marathon,forest gumps the lot of them...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
F1 (is it a sport though)
Cricket
Rugby

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Last weekend with British GP, Wimbledon and Tour de France in UK must have been a 'mare for you....

For me I cant stand watching the following.

Tennis.
F1.
Cycling.

and to an extent Golf however I do love to play it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Cycling is utterly, utterly pointless as sport. It falls into the same category as skiing and all motor sports. Anything that is essentially a mode of transport holds no sporting appeal for me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Last weekend with British GP, Wimbledon and Tour de France in UK must have been a 'mare for you....

That is exactly what inspired this thread.

However I did feel for anyone who doesnt like football and will have to had put up with close to 18 months of non-stop football.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For me I cant stand watching the following.

Tennis.
F1.
Cycling.

and to an extent Golf however I do love to play it.
Yeah, I'd go along with those. I quite like listening to the Ryder Cup on the wireless.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) Baseball. Pointless, wearisome and one dimensional.
2) Squash. Many have taken it up to be fashionable ( a status thing ). Banging a little rubber ball at the same piece of wall for ages on end, by people desperate to induce a heart attack and being allowed to deliberately obstruct your opponent. Ridiculous.
3) Dressage. Horses prancing around a small arena in an effeminate fashion. God give me strength.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Running is pretty much the only one I actively avoid watching.

That said, there are plenty that I'll watch if they're on but not care a great deal about the outcome, such as cycling, darts (not that it's actually a sport), sailing etc.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I reckon you can appreciate just about any sport, once you have an understanding of preparation required, skill and tactics.

Sorry got to make an exception - Formula 1

I also dislike the following over hyped sports.

Golf - specifically the build up to the Ryder Cup. We are supposed to believe the top European players are sweating over getting picked and overlook the fact that it is the top earning players who get picked.
Wimbledon coverage - Although this year was magnificent, I must have seen about 30 seconds of the men's final and nothing at all of the rest of the tournament.
The Sky premiership
Anything covered by ITV Sport.
The Boat Race

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Quite a few for horse racing and F1

What's the difference?

One is a hooray-Henry with a whip in his hand, thrashing a living animal to the max.
The other is a hooray-Henry thrashing the pinnacle of leading edge engineering to the max.

For those who drive cars with ABS, traction control & power steering - you can thank F1
In the not too distant future we will also be driving cars that are hybrid with ERS [ENERGY RECOVERY SYSTEM] which will provide huge efficiency and fuel savings to car drivers. A product of F1 and its ever changing rule book.

Agreed, sometimes the racing can be a bit processional, but DRS does go someway to make passing more simpler and now that fuel efficiency is also monitored, some drivers have to go into economy mode to preserve fuel and tyres while still getting a shift on. I quite enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here