Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

popular boys names

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
As a matter of interest whereabouts did you grow up ? where is 'home' ? if its an area thats demographic has changed beyond all recognition in the past 25 years i'll accord your comments some respect, if not i'll consign them to the drawer marked 'hasnt got a f***ing clue what its like to see your hometown become virtually unrecognisable and is talking from an idealistic 18 yr old standpoint'

Hove. Poets Corner to be precise.

Its not an absolutely awful trait to have, being idealistic... Glint in the eye and all that. :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is this groundhog day?
what ? me replying to the predictable lets slate the daily mail posts from 18 year olds who have lived all their lives in mono cultural sussex, the issue wouldnt arise if the vast majority of muslims had assimilated like you , i wonder how a lot of NSC ers would feel if this was western rd after a pakistan cricket win , full of third and fourth generation pakistanis (but british when it suits), its not though, its MY hometown, so i take exception to people telling me how wonderful it is.[yt]1LxAPyLdwAY[/yt]

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
509 views, one ill-advised comment and a video of people enjoying themselves. I can't believe that hasn't been on the national news.

Yes , the whole point in me posting that was because i'm against people enjoying themselves , nothing whatsoever to do with responding to previous post and making a point about national identity .

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
what ? me replying to the predictable lets slate the daily mail posts from 18 year olds who have lived all their lives in mono cultural sussex, the issue wouldnt arise if the vast majority of muslims had assimilated like you , i wonder how a lot of NSC ers would feel if this was western rd after a pakistan cricket win , full of third and fourth generation pakistanis (but british when it suits), its not though, its MY hometown, so i take exception to people telling me how wonderful it is.[yt]1LxAPyLdwAY[/yt]

So just to clarify your xenophobic?

Idealistic 17 year old or xenophobic how ever old you are (30/40/50?).

I know which i'd rather be. I'm not afraid of forigners, and if that video was the scenes then fine, they have a) the right to be here and b) the right to celebrate a win.

Is it not the same as a team winning away, we stay in their town/city and celebrate! Oh wait, we're white aren't we. Makes it so much better.

Do your self a favour, look around and see the population as human rather than as races. You might just learn tollerence.

And before you start for the third time, yes this is going to be littered with typo's and mis spellings. Live with it.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yes , the whole point in me posting that was because i'm against people enjoying themselves , nothing whatsoever to do with responding to previous post and making a point about national identity .

Whats the point of national identity if you can't share it with others?

Your ideal world:
"LOOK AT ME I'M ENGLISH AND PROUD!"
"YEAH ME TOO!"
"AND ME!"
"AND ME!"
"AND ME!"
"AND ME!"
"AND ME!"

The real world:

English: "LOOK AT ME I'M ENGLISH AND PROUD!"
Indian: "Well i'm Indian and proud! And where i'm from we do this this and this"
English: "I never knew that, here we do things like this this and this"
Indian: "I never knew that! I'm going to go and do that if its what you do here"

And yes, the majority do act like this. Deep-set fear has warped your views of forigeners...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i see the fella who appears to take a kick at someone whites car is enjoying himself.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Presumably if it was a Christian tradition to use "Jesus" as a first name then that would be the most popular one. But it isn't so it isn't - deal with it.

i think you will find the name in question being relegated from the top spot is in fact derived from the name of a prophet also.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So just to clarify your xenophobic?

Idealistic 17 year old or xenophobic how ever old you are (30/40/50?).

I know which i'd rather be. I'm not afraid of forigners, and if that video was the scenes then fine, they have a) the right to be here and b) the right to celebrate a win.

Is it not the same as a team winning away, we stay in their town/city and celebrate! Oh wait, we're white aren't we. Makes it so much better.

Do your self a favour, look around and see the population as human rather than as races. You might just learn tollerence.

And before you start for the third time, yes this is going to be littered with typo's and mis spellings. Live with it.
You talk about me being a xenophope and how you're not afraid of foreigners , you CLEARLY have a problem understanding my post, these people are third , fourth and fifth generation pakistani immgrant/british (delete according to how it suits on any particular day), they are supposed to be the 'same' nationality as me, as said 5th generation some of them, if you really think that this makes for good community cohesion and is the way the country should be going then i think you will be in for a shock by the time you think about starting a family, and as i've stated before , it's EXTREMELY easy to hold your rose tinted view of it when its not YOUR hometown that is under discusion.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
You talk about me being a xenophope and how you're not afraid of foreigners , you CLEARLY have a problem understanding my post, these people are third , fourth and fifth generation pakistani immgrant/british (delete according to how it suits on any particular day), they are supposed to be the 'same' nationality as me, as said 5th generation some of them, if you really think that this makes for good community cohesion and is the way the country should be going then i think you will be in for a shock by the time you think about starting a family, and as i've stated before , it's EXTREMELY easy to hold your rose tinted view of it when its not YOUR hometown that is under discusion.

Things change.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The real world:

English: "LOOK AT ME I'M ENGLISH AND PROUD!"
Indian: "Well i'm Indian and proud! And where i'm from we do this this and this"
English: "I never knew that, here we do things like this this and this"
Indian: "I never knew that! I'm going to go and do that if its what you do here"

And yes, the majority do act like this. Deep-set fear has warped your views of forigeners...
The real world as experienced in hove ?:laugh: the final two are what really make me laughEnglish: "I never knew that, here we do things like this this and this"

And yes, the majority do act like this
You have CLEARLY never spent any time in an area of high muslim immigration.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Actually I'm a third generation Indian british mix, i think my family and I have intergrated pretty well.

I think YOU CLEARLY have problems understanding what we mean. We (3rd/4th/5th generation Indians/Pakistani's) are proud of our heritage. I'm proud to say that i've got Indian blood in me and identify with it. So I say I'm Indian because thats my heritige. However i've also got English and Irish blood in me, and i've been brought up in English culture, speak only english, support England first and foremost, enjoy english cultural events such as football.

And yes, it makes for FANTASTIC community cohesion. I work with a group in Whitehawk that has aimed to bring cultural diversity to the young people of East Brighton. Having a melting pot of culture where we understand each other as an individual before a nationality but respect both different nationalities and cultures and the varying degree of national pride teaches us about ideas, customs and tradtions beyond those of our little island.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dont you think though Bushy that white racism over the last few decades in the UK has forced some minority youths to look elsewhere for their heroes etc? It must play a part. I think its sad also that there are some 5th generation asians who dont feel welcome in the country they were born in and get get beaten on the basis of their colour etc...
I understand what you are saying, but why would they do that, if they didnt feel aliented on some level in the UK?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The real world as experienced in hove ?:laugh: the final two are what really make me laughEnglish: "I never knew that, here we do things like this this and this"

And yes, the majority do act like this
You have CLEARLY never spent any time in an area of high muslim immigration.

I've simplified a complex naturalization period in to four lines. Sorry if it came across as one meeting and BANG your naturalized. But I thought some one of such high intellect sorry spelling ability would be able to see that.

EDIT: The strikethrough BB code isn't enabled on here

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Actually I'm a third generation Indian british mix, i think my family and I have intergrated pretty well.

I think YOU CLEARLY have problems understanding what we mean. We (3rd/4th/5th generation Indians/Pakistani's) are proud of our heritage. I'm proud to say that i've got Indian blood in me and identify with it. So I say I'm Indian because thats my heritige. However i've also got English and Irish blood in me, and i've been brought up in English culture, speak only english, support England first and foremost, enjoy english cultural events such as football.

And yes, it makes for FANTASTIC community cohesion. I work with a group in Whitehawk that has aimed to bring cultural diversity to the young people of East Brighton. Having a melting pot of culture where we understand each other as an individual before a nationality but respect both different nationalities and cultures and the varying degree of national pride teaches us about ideas, customs and tradtions beyond those of our little island.
I dont agree at all, if you're that proud of your heritage then f***ing live there,by all means learn about the cultures etc etc,but its MY national identity being diluted , and if you think that he people in that you tube video share your idealistic aspirations of 'cultural diversity' then you're in for a rude awakening, one of the reasons i admire australia is the way australian identiy is first and foremost, try going to australia and start wittering on about respecting each other as an individual efore a nationality blah blah and you'll get short f***ing shrift.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

remind me what happened in india in 1948. cultural diversity can cause immense friction as well as bring benefits. on other 'little islands' like ireland and cyprus it has hardly been a rip roaring success either.

the implication tha british people lead dull parochial pointless ignorant lives if they are not told all about eid is what pisses a lot of people off. years ago people bought encyclopedias to find out about the world now apparently you all have to live next door to each other to understand other cultures. not true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here