Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old Rangers

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A
Not sure what you are thanking me for as I've stated the bare facts of the matter.

Rangers EBTs weren't 'illegal' as agreed twice by the courts and no SFA rules were broken regarding those payments - so both your assertions are clearly wrong!

Get over it!!

But in the paragraph quoted from your post you furnished details that Rangers FC were run by a bunch of crooks who did indeed act illegally (cheated) which is after all the original premise. Get over it indeed. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A

But in the paragraph quoted from your post you furnished details that Rangers FC were run by a bunch of crooks who did indeed act illegally (cheated) which is after all the original premise. Get over it indeed. :thumbsup:

This is ridiculous. He has explained that Rangers were removed for being liquidated, not for any wrong doing - and I hate Rangers. He then went on to explain that their demise was down to the fact Lloyds forced the sale to a fraudster, not that Rangers themselves committed fraud.

I'm not surprised he thinks you're acting like a pompous prick - you're completely wrong but FAR too pompous to admit it. For a start, when are you going to admit that you were wrong when you said they were guilty of "illegal payments"?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
A

I'm now bored with your cretinous comments but the payment of EBT's - ie your alleged 'illegal payments' for which you have STILL not provided any evidence that they were 'illegal' - took place prior to Craig Whytes takeover so your comment has no logic!

You said Rangers made 'illegal payments' you are clearly wrong and are now backtracking by trying to say they 'acted illegally'!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm now bored with your cretinous comments but the payment of EBT's - ie your alleged 'illegal payments' for which you have STILL not provided any evidence that they were 'illegal' - took place prior to Craig Whytes takeover so your comment has no logic!

You said Rangers made 'illegal payments' you are clearly wrong and are now backtracking by trying to say they 'acted illegally'!!

Deary me......what a temper you have.

Poor old Rangers eh...? Obviously they have been well run, aboard board, as honest as a day is long. All those naughty people from the SFA and all those clubs who voted on your 'old clubs' demise........all for no reason whatsoever. The injustice of it all.

Are you going send me another PM like you did once before calling me a 'wanker' ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Poor old Rangers eh...? Obviously they have been well run, aboard board, as honest as a day is long. All those naughty people from the SFA and all those clubs who voted on your 'old clubs' demise........all for no reason whatsoever. The injustice of it all.

Are you going send me another PM like you did once before calling me a 'wanker' ?

He's done that to me in the past too. :lolol:

But to be fair, I suggest you re-read you the thread. He's not suggesting Rangers didn't deserve to go down - he's saying they didn't do anything illegal. They were simply liquidated.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This is ridiculous. He has explained that Rangers were removed for being liquidated, not for any wrong doing - and I hate Rangers. He then went on to explain that their demise was down to the fact Lloyds forced the sale to a fraudster, not that Rangers themselves committed fraud.

I'm not surprised he thinks you're acting like a pompous prick - you're completely wrong but FAR too pompous to admit it. For a start, when are you going to admit that you were wrong when you said they were guilty of "illegal payments"?

Two points:

Loans made with no intent or provision to seek or require repayment are not loans. They are (we're at the time) a means of cheating the taxman and thereby gaining an unfair advantage over competitors. So is the use of liquidation/administration to avoid paying debts. If you wish to dress it up as "legal cheating" then that's your choice. Football is after all demonstrably run by cheats. If I have to be a prat or a tw@t or a pompous prick for denouncing it then fine.

You cannot separate the actions of owners of the football club from the club itself. We more than any should be able to acknowledge that. We were after all run by a crook, albeit one who did nothing illegal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Loans made with no intent or provision to seek or require repayment are not loans. They are (we're at the time) a means of cheating the taxman and thereby gaining an unfair advantage over competitors. So is the use of liquidation/administration to avoid paying debts.

Struggling to see how anyone can argue with these points.

Rangers cheated, plain and simple. No sympathy, and delighted that their inevitable rise back to second place in Scottish football, hasn't proved plain sailing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Rangers cheated, plain and simple. No sympathy, and delighted that their inevitable rise back to second place in Scottish football, hasn't proved plain sailing.
Nobody is arguing with those points, and personally I am with you in being absolutely delighted they're not just waltzing back to where they think they belong, despite the fact that this is going to be detrimental to my own favourite monkey tennis team, Hibs.

But this is what was originally said:
severnside gull said:
Based on their relegation from the SPL to League 3 my guess is that the scale of illegal payments made by them was fairly gargantuan in footballing terms..
That is false. There were no illegal payments. There were loans made that weren't repaid, which is why Rangers were liquidated and made to start again.

To be honest, I'd like to see clubs falling into administration being forced to start again at the bottom of the league, not just those who are liquidated. Those robbing cnts at Palace and Leicester should have been made to start in division FOUR.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nobody is arguing with those points, and personally I am with you in being absolutely delighted they're not just waltzing back to where they think they belong, despite the fact that this is going to be detrimental to my own favourite monkey tennis team, Hibs.

But this is what was originally said:

That is false. There were no illegal payments. There were loans made that weren't repaid, which is why Rangers were liquidated and made to start again.

To be honest, I'd like to see clubs falling into administration being forced to start again at the bottom of the league, not just those who are liquidated. Those robbing cnts at Palace and Leicester should have been made to start in division FOUR.

I am going to a little ''Judge Judy Shendlin'' impression to explain what a loan Actually is

There has to be an offer of a loan by the lender - There then has to be an acceptance of the loan by the loanee and finally there has to be clear terms and conditions agreed by both parties as to how and in what time frame the loan is to be repaid.

If these 3 conditions are not in place then it is not a loan and as Judge Judy would say '' Dont you get it ? well if you dont get it i cant help you''

It's all over now anyhow. Motherwell gave them a right good whippin last week both home and away and being a Motherwell fan I am more than happy

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

I'm not sure where I've said there's any injustice - perhaps you can show me?! Thought not!

As for calling you a w@nker - no need to send a PM as it is pretty evident to anyone reading this thread that you are a gobby w@nker who is oh so brave behind a keyboard!!

Truly hilarious!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I am going to a little ''Judge Judy Shendlin'' impression to explain what a loan Actually is

There has to be an offer of a loan by the lender - There then has to be an acceptance of the loan by the loanee and finally there has to be clear terms and conditions agreed by both parties as to how and in what time frame the loan is to be repaid.

If these 3 conditions are not in place then it is not a loan and as Judge Judy would say '' Dont you get it ? well if you dont get it i cant help you''

It's all over now anyhow. Motherwell gave them a right good whippin last week both home and away and being a Motherwell fan I am more than happy

Fair play to Motherwell - they gave Rangers a tonking over the two legs and Rangers got what they deserved!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

They won the same court case twice against HMRC - tax avoidance may be frowned upon, especially in recent economic times but it is NOT illegal and many many companies do it one way or the other including a number of other clubs so I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on the cheating allegation!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Last word on this - Severnside keeps repeating that Rangers went into administration then liquidation 'to avoid paying debts' as I have already said the ONLY reason this all started was because Lloyds pulled the rug on the £18 million MANAGABLE debt that Rangers had because they were sh!t scared of HMRCs Big Tax Case which Rangers eventually won - if that hadn't happened then Rangers would have continued trading profitably, paying down the bank loan and paying trade creditors normally on the usual terms! The idea that anyone at the club wanted to go into administration or liquidation is clearly nonsense I'm afraid!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm not sure where I've said there's any injustice - perhaps you can show me?! Thought not!

As for calling you a w@nker - no need to send a PM as it is pretty evident to anyone reading this thread that you are a gobby w@nker who is oh so brave behind a keyboard!!

Truly hilarious!

What is it about Glasgow Rangers supporters that makes you want to go and give them a great big cuddle. As can be seen by their representative, Brighton bluenose, they really are so sweet.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What is it about Glasgow Rangers supporters that makes you want to go and give them a great big cuddle. As can be seen by their representative, Brighton bluenose, they really are so sweet.
A nice friendly bunch visited Manchester a few years ago for a bit of cheeky fun.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Last word on this - Severnside keeps repeating that Rangers went into administration then liquidation 'to avoid paying debts' as I have already said the ONLY reason this all started was because Lloyds pulled the rug on the £18 million MANAGABLE debt that Rangers had because they were sh!t scared of HMRCs Big Tax Case which Rangers eventually won - if that hadn't happened then Rangers would have continued trading profitably, paying down the bank loan and paying trade creditors normally on the usual terms! The idea that anyone at the club wanted to go into administration or liquidation is clearly nonsense I'm afraid!!

£18m seems to me to be very manageable.

As for the big tax case, morally repugnant but not illegal. It's the tax accountants who are the winkers in this, just as they are in the case of Google, Amazon, Vodafone, Starbucks, Apple, Goldman etc.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A nice friendly bunch visited Manchester a few years ago for a bit of cheeky fun.

I was there. My understanding of chicken suppers for Bobby Sands was greatly enhanced, and I now have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the seventeenth century socio-economic history between Scotland and Ireland.

http://youtu.be/V1m8teWil9g

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
180,000 there Dan and as I mentioned before the vast vast majority behaved themselves but like any club with such a big following theres always a few who will misbehave a fter a long day on the bevy - but then you know that too!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
3 year deal

excellent news

Perfect fit for Rangers...... Just like Rangers failed at the final hurdle when trying to get promoted to the Premiership and took an absolute hammering in the playoffs. Match made in heaven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here