Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old Rangers

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So the EBT's were legal?!

Loans to Directors and staff are not illegal so long as there is an expectancy for it to be paid back to a company. Where Rangers fall foul of that is that there was never any intention for the ''so called loans'' ever to have been paid back by the players they paid the money to. That's why it was challenged and rightly so by HMRC.

Rangers were not the only club using them and other tax avoidance schemes. The other clubs using them when challenged by HMRC actually paid the tax that they would normally paid under PAYE, in effect accepted that they had done wrong. Rangers by the time HMRC challenged then were in dire financial straight couldn't afford to pay it so let it run to the courts - It's water under the bridge now anyhow. Rangers liquidated their company and set up a new one thus effectively avoiding their responsibilities, hence their demotion to the bottom division

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It was a simple question you gobby tw@t - why don't you provide an answer?!!

Is that a Glaswegian compliment or perhaps a reflection of a sectarian mentality lacking the ability to accept an argument contrary to their own?

You had your response. From me. From the SFA. From the other clubs in Scotlland who at the cost of lost revenue to themselves elected to relegate Rangers to the lowest tier. It was a laudable decision out of character with football generally which perhaps indicates the opprobrium in which they were held by their peers and, in my view, rightly so.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why would Warburton want to go there? Sure, it's an easy promotion on the CV next season and a second place finish the season after, but I don't really see how even that enhances his CV. Surely he wants to build on his Brentford success by taking on a club that he can potentially surpass expectations with, leading to a much better job in the long run. I see Rangers as a total dead end for any manager.

I was thinking exactly this. Personally, I'd be amazed if he wasn't back in a decent (Championship or PL taking a punt) English job before January.

Thinking about it, I can't see how the Rangers job could do anything other than make him look bad; if he wins promotion, no-one will view it as an achievement but if he fails to get them up, he will likely be blamed, damaging his reputation.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Why would Warburton want to go there? Sure, it's an easy promotion on the CV next season and a second place finish the season after, but I don't really see how even that enhances his CV. Surely he wants to build on his Brentford success by taking on a club that he can potentially surpass expectations with, leading to a much better job in the long run. I see Rangers as a total dead end for any manager.

pretty much like any job outside the top 4 in England

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Is that a Glaswegian compliment or perhaps a reflection of a sectarian mentality lacking the ability to accept an argument contrary to their own?

You had your response. From me. From the SFA. From the other clubs in Scotlland who at the cost of lost revenue to themselves elected to relegate Rangers to the lowest tier. It was a laudable decision out of character with football generally which perhaps indicates the opprobrium in which they were held by their peers and, in my view, rightly so.

You haven't presented an 'argument' you have stated that Rangers made 'illegal payments' and I have asked you to explain which payments these were - and my question still stands?!

By the way my reference to you as a 'gobby tw@t' had no hint of sectarianism and was a direct response to your pathetic 'ask teacher' jibe - and of course you are still proving yourself to be exactly that!

Now - your explanation about those alleged 'illegal payments' - please?!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
You haven't presented an 'argument' you have stated that Rangers made 'illegal payments' and I have asked you to explain which payments these were - and my question still stands?!

By the way my reference to you as a 'gobby tw@t' had no hint of sectarianism and was a direct response to your pathetic 'ask teacher' jibe - and of course you are still proving yourself to be exactly that!

Now - your explanation about those alleged 'illegal payments' - please?!

Sectarian mentality, not sectarian. "We are right even (especially) when others say we are wrong"
The payments broke SFA rules. Rangers' peers, the other clubs, agreed and acted and as a result you were (rightly) dumped at the bottom of the heap and happily haven't had a straightforward journey back.
Haven't seen Rangers suing the SFA or the other clubs. Court for conciliation in sport hasn't ruled in their favour. QED . Cheats sometimes do get punished and don't always prosper.

So please do explain....... Who punished you and why? What appeals process did you follow and how successful was that exactly? Based on the decision against HMRC you are so keen to quote what further appeals and legal action against the SFA and the other clubs are you taking? Assuming you are right and everyone else is wrong this should be pretty enlightening. ???

Last edited:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Sectarian mentality, not sectarian. "We are right even (especially) when others say we are wrong"
The payments broke SFA rules. Rangers' peers, the other clubs, agreed and acted and as a result you were (rightly) dumped at the bottom of the heap and happily haven't had a straightforward journey back.
Haven't seen Rangers suing the SFA or the other clubs. Court for conciliation in sport hasn't ruled in their favour. QED . Cheats sometimes do get punished and don't always prosper.

So please do explain....... Who punished you and why? What appeals process did you follow and how successful was that exactly? Based on the decision against HMRC you are so keen to quote what further appeals and legal action against the SFA and the other clubs are you taking? Assuming you are right and everyone else is wrong this should be pretty enlightening. ???

You really are a pompous little prick - I have never said that I am right and anyone else is wrong so reel your neck in!

Rangers were relegated because they entered administration and were then liquidated NOT because they broke SFA rules on payment so on that basis you are wrong I'm afraid just as you were wrong on 'illegal payments' but haven't got the brains or balls to admit to it!

HMRC lost their case once at the First Tier Tribunal.and then a second time at the appeal stage - admittedly with a couple of minor slaps on the wrist - so the idea that Rangers are 'cheats' is also a nonsense I'm afraid!!

The facts, as stated elsewhere in this thread, are that Rangers demise was largely due to Lloyds forcing Murray to sell to the fraudster Craig Whyte who himself defrauded Ticketus and then further criminality by Whyte and maybe others linked to Duff & Phelps administrators and Colyer Bristow lawyers - of which staff of both companies are under investigation by the police.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You really are a pompous little prick - I have never said that I am right and anyone else is wrong so reel your neck in!

Rangers were relegated because they entered administration and were then liquidated NOT because they broke SFA rules on payment so on that basis you are wrong I'm afraid just as you were wrong on 'illegal payments' but haven't got the brains or balls to admit to it!

HMRC lost their case once at the First Tier Tribunal.and then a second time at the appeal stage - admittedly with a couple of minor slaps on the wrist - so the idea that Rangers are 'cheats' is also a nonsense I'm afraid!!

The facts, as stated elsewhere in this thread, are that Rangers demise was largely due to Lloyds forcing Murray to sell to the fraudster Craig Whyte who himself defrauded Ticketus and then further criminality by Whyte and maybe others linked to Duff & Phelps administrators and Colyer Bristow lawyers - of which staff of both companies are under investigation by the police.
there you go again ,bringing in all these inconvenient facts to the table and spoiling the ' sectarian bigots got their just desserts' argument that some of these twots like to push.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Rangers weren't relegated. They were liquidated, re-formed and had their application to join the league at the bottom tier granted.

I agree with you apart from the fact that it was the holding company that was liquidated and a new holding company incorporated - but yes they did apply to join the bottom league where many Gers fans thought that they should!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Rangers weren't relegated. They were liquidated, re-formed and had their application to join the league at the bottom tier granted.
Exactly, they finished 2nd in 2012 so could not be relegated.

They were denied a place in Europe as well as a new club(company) needs 3 years audited accounts.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I agree with you apart from the fact that it was the holding company that was liquidated and a new holding company incorporated - but yes they did apply to join the bottom league where many Gers fans thought that they should!
Rangers hoped to be reformed back in the SPL but was refused. Then they hoped the championship, but the clubs in the SPL voted 10-1 for them to start in the 3rd division.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
You really are a pompous little prick

The facts, as stated elsewhere in this thread, are that Rangers demise was due to Lloyds forcing Murray to sell to the fraudster Craig Whyte who himself defrauded Ticketus and then further criminality by Whyte and maybe others linked to Duff & Phelps administrators and Colyer Bristow lawyers - of which staff of both companies are under investigation by the police.

Thank you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here