Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poor Murray

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
prick.jpg

I used to not mind the bloke, but after seeing him do this in December, I say F*** him. Kicked us when we were down already

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I've now had a look at various clips of the incident and aftermath, from which it appears that a large proportion of Brighton fans applauded Glenn as he was stretchered off while some cheered. So just like Palace, the Albion have a lot of decent fans and some utter knobs. No surprise there then.

Your posts here put you firmly in the latter camp.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The one thing that doesn't sit well with me in all this is why he thought he had been fouled, which he did according to Holloway, surely he must have known if someone had actually made contact with him or not when he did it, doesn't make sense.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The one thing that doesn't sit well with me in all this is why he thought he had been fouled, which he did according to Holloway, surely he must have known if someone had actually made contact with him or not when he did it, doesn't make sense.

Are you thinking that he was what they call simulating, for a pen and hurt himself doing it?
When I heard Holloway say on TV that Murray thought he had been caught and this thought crossed my mind. We all know he does it and he was so far away from any other player, if this was what he was doing then he was so clearly trying to cheat..

From watching it on Sky it just looked like "one of those unfortunate things that happens" - stud caught on pitch, he turned, lower leg didn't. No one near him, no sign of a dive in my view.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
From watching it on Sky it just looked like "one of those unfortunate things that happens" - stud caught on pitch, he turned, lower leg didn't. No one near him, no sign of a dive in my view.

I agree but why did Murray try to claim to his manager he was taken from behind? That's what Jezzer and myself can't understand.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Some of you on here need to look back on your threads in the cold light of day and realise what utter drivel you have written. As has been said, he left us for financial reasons (short career etc...) and has now suffered potentially a career threatening injury. I couldn't care less who he plays for and I'm not privvy to the Palace forum, but did they crow about CMS/Hoskins after their injuries ? There certainly were'nt many Brighton supporters at Bristol to witness that ! But because it's Murray you all come out of the woodwork.
Hope we go on and finish the job on Monday, but am not complacent. There are other players ready to step up to the plate and Holloway is no fool.
Just hope they don't go to the FL and try and make a case for playing Dobbie !
PS I am not a 'JCL', but a supporter of some 50 years standing.....

But the difference is that this occurred during a crucial play off match and not during the normal season and not in a game when we were playing them.

Do you think the Palace fans would have still acted the same way as they did then if had CMS or Hoskins had been badly injured in this play off game instead of Murray or do you think their reaction would be more gloating (at first?)

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

A serious injury like a torn cruciate ligament or torn tendon can feel like you have been kicked. That is what Holloway was eluding to.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
It seems like most of the Palace fans have forgotten how they used to taunt and chant Henry Hughton's name at us for years after he broke Gerry Ryan's leg and ended his career. Then they come on here calling us 'scum with no class' over a few negative comments made by the minority, when the majority of Brighton fans had nothing but sympathy for Murray. Erm .... pot, kettle, black! What it really boils down to is that they have nothing to get gobby about over last night's performance. 0-0 was a fantastic result for us, and they know it leaves them with a massive job on their hands on Monday. So they decide to turn all their attention to the Murray incident instead, trying to take the moral high ground, pathetic! Now tell me who has no class! Tw@ts!

It seems like most of the Palace fans have forgotten how they used to taunt and chant Henry Hughton's name at us for years after he broke Gerry Ryan's leg and ended his career. Then they come on here calling us 'scum with no class' over a few negative comments made by the minority, when the majority of Brighton fans had nothing but sympathy for Murray. Erm .... pot, kettle, black! What it really boils down to is that they have nothing to get gobby about over last night's performance. 0-0 was a fantastic result for us, and they know it leaves them with a massive job on their hands on Monday. So they decide to turn all their attention to the Murray incident instead, trying to take the moral high ground, pathetic! Now tell me who has no class! Tw@ts!

Good post.

I remember one BBS poster who regularly glorified the Hughton tackle on Ryan to try and get a bite. However, he got very upset when Williams snapped his leg playing for Wales and just couldn't see the funny side of it. Now Murrays fecked as well - Karma !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really bad form from those on here who enjoyed in Murrays injury. He has conducted himself very well, scored a great goal against us last year and as far as I am aware has said or done nothing to insult Brighton fans or the club. leading goal scorer in Division 1 helped us up to the Championship and made a career move, as we all would, for a better offer. Really sorry to see his injury, with or without him we should be able to beat Palace, but some of you on here are way out of order sniggering about his injury, I cannot associate myself with you!

Oh yes he's done nothing to us at all... :facepalm: (although something's telling me he used to play for us and went to join our fierce rivals) Oh and then there's the below blatant CHEATING against us this season. Jesus wept why oh why would any Albion fan stick up for him!
View attachment 42650

I used to not mind the bloke, but after seeing him do this in December, I say F*** him. Kicked us when we were down already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here