Poor Bloke

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was there when Gerry Ryan had his leg shattered by that assault from Hughton & it was sickening. I wouldn't wish that on anyone even if they do play for Palace.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
someone else who has had my leg fractured playing for scaynes hill vrs plumpton over 34 years ago and my leg still hurts now and i dont wish it on any other player.hope he recovers well.which Brighton player broke his leg and got up and cleared the ball off the line at the Goldstone??? before being carried off>

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
especially to a young lad with their whole life ahead of them.

A little over dramatic. He's just broken his leg, an occupational hazard. He's not terminally ill.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
A little over dramatic. He's just broken his leg, an occupational hazard. He's not terminally ill.

My old man broke his leg 11 years ago, he still hasn't gained all confidence back. When he walks it does not look like he is walking naturally, looks like he has a constant limp. He can not extend his leg to the fully straight position nor can he flex it quickly. This is why I don't wish it on anyone. Ruined his life and had a massive impact on my childhood.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This chump quoted above obviously!

Which was clearly only in response to your post. I don't really hope you break your leg. I just wished you'd stop being such a cock all the time.

I was there when Gerry Ryan had his leg shattered by that assault from Hughton & it was sickening..

Yet one of the older Palace posters, who comes on here under a different name , seems to think that the above incident is a humorous event with which to goad Albion fans on BBS.

Oh well what goes around comes around :D:rave:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My old man broke his leg 11 years ago, he still hasn't gained all confidence back. When he walks it does not look like he is walking naturally, looks like he has a constant limp. He can not extend his leg to the fully straight position nor can he flex it quickly. This is why I don't wish it on anyone. Ruined his life and had a massive impact on my childhood.

But Williams is a professional footballer, who probably has a very simple fracture, and who will receive far better medical care to treat it than any of us would. So I'm sure it's not going to "ruin his life", or end his career, or leave him walking permanently with a limp.

Imagine a footballer being left in that sort of state, eh?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321524382.430203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321524382.430203.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 45

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Yet one of the older Palace posters, who comes on here under a different name , seems to think that the above incident is a humorous event with which to goad Albion fans on BBS.

Oh well what goes around comes around :D:rave:

Which makes him a complete ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports