Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey tossers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't they have John Utaka on something insane like £80,000 a week at one point?

Brilliant :clap:

george-bush-laughing.jpg
CatLaugh.jpg
laugh460.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My view too i should imaging Tony Bloom will make sure we go for the extra fans in those areas as soon as Pompey and Palarse go on the slide or cease too exists we could be MASSIVE.

:falmer::falmer:

It would be mazing. Ford market would never be the same again without the neanderthals plastered in cheap pompey sweat shirts etc.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Every thing HS and you say!

i do like Dougal post as well!

:laugh:

Count me in on the "hearty agreement" list :clap2:

Out of interest, anyone known if Fred Dinenage is still on the PFC board these days? Each time I see another eager Meridian TV report on Pompey's dodgy financial affairs, I can't help wondering what jolly old Fred knows, as he sits there and chuckles away at viewers' snowmen pictures, or stories about dogs from Blandford Forum that bark when Coronation Street comes on.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
I am in the "Laugh at Portsmouth's decline" boat as well. They bought their success on money they never had..........now without that money watch them slide. Hate to see them go bust tho' ......for the true fans they have sake. Its just good to see them reach their true level.....nearer us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Funny isn’t it?! Going down, ground falling to bits, crowd ebbing away and skint. HA HA.

Has a familiar ring to it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting to see how many of their GREAT FANS turn up next season, when they're playing Scunthorpe at home.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe Stoke offered to cover 25% of his wages to take him on loan , we did something similar with Blobby Savage.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
well, i'm in the minority as i've never minded Portsmouth - they still seem to be a proper club, in that they're supported by mainly working class fans (because Portsmouth is basically rough as feck) and not your prawn sandwhich brigade. plus they also make a bit of noise down there. always enjoyed going to fratton park because of that.

as a youngster i remember being chased by a bloke with a spider web tattoo all over his face, who nicked me bobble hat. i was only 15 ya basterd!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only reason I hate Pompey is because Fred Dinenage has made sure Pompey steal all the coverage on Southern ITV & have done for the last 45 years. I hate Roger Johnson too!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Count me in on the "hearty agreement" list :clap2:

Out of interest, anyone known if Fred Dinenage is still on the PFC board these days? Each time I see another eager Meridian TV report on Pompey's dodgy financial affairs, I can't help wondering what jolly old Fred knows, as he sits there and chuckles away at viewers' snowmen pictures, or stories about dogs from Blandford Forum that bark when Coronation Street comes on.

:lolol:

I should imagine Fred knows a lot about what was going on as he is as slippery as Storrie and Talkrapp and Mandaric as you will see 1.22mins in the link below!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1-aoUNBbE

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I’ve always hated Pompey even more than I dislike Palace. I hate the term ‘Pompey’, I hate that tattooed bell cheese who constantly rings that annoying bell. I hate ‘Play up Pompey’ more than I hate that Bright eyes song we sing. I hate their thuggish fans ever since we beat them 1-0 in the cup with that Mathew Edwards header. I even hate that poxy ground and I still hate Micky Quinn. (I think Arry Rednapp is alright though. Never understood the dislike for him).

In fact I couldn’t wish that skint chairman and winding up order on any other club more. It’s excellent fun. What with my number 2 hate club Liverpool cocking this season up royally, I’m beginning to enjoy the Premier League again.

A man after my own heart, I'll never forget those gits for locking me, my dad and my brother in Fratton Park for an hour after we were thumped 5-1 by them in the 80's. They then proceeded to play the entire commentary of the game over the tannoy, it was like torture, Could'nt happen to a nicer club...

I'll add to that Portsmouth is only a small genetic leap from Gillingham, the only thing seperating them are the countys of Sussex and Kent. I'm with you I really do hate them more than Palace.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was only a few matches old when we played Portsmouth at The Goldstone in the FA Cup.

I loved the chorus of 'f*** off Pompey! Pompey f*** off!". I seem to remember that they were singing "Seaweed! Seaweed!".

I got elbowed in the face by a Brighton fan taking a swing at a Pompey fan :lol: My friends father (Brighton Ice Hockey Giant) then carried the Pompey guy out and handed him over to the police. Good times.

King Tubby

Jul 26, 2004
Sydney
A man after my own heart, I'll never forget those gits for locking me, my dad and my brother in Fratton Park for an hour after we were thumped 5-1 by them in the 80's. They then proceeded to play the entire commentary of the game over the tannoy, it was like torture, Could'nt happen to a nicer club...

I was there too...To make it worse it absolutely pissed down with rain. Afterwards we were showered with light bulbs from the train full of scum on Fratton Station, and then a bus we were on got absolutely trashed as we went through Havant.. bricks thrown through the window and everything. We had to wait an hour for another bus.

I hate them with a passion, but to be honest I don't want them to go out of business..just a long stint in Division 4 and maybe a stint in the conference would just right for them. It shouldn't be a problem for the club, they have the most loyal fans in the football league apparently so they'll still have massive crowds.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I was there too...To make it worse it absolutely pissed down with rain. Afterwards we were showered with light bulbs from the train full of scum on Fratton Station, and then a bus we were on got absolutely trashed as we went through Havant.. bricks thrown through the window and everything. We had to wait an hour for another bus.

I hate them with a passion, but to be honest I don't want them to go out of business..just a long stint in Division 4 and maybe a stint in the conference would just right for them. It shouldn't be a problem for the club, they have the most loyal fans in the football league apparently so they'll still have massive crowds.

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers that day, disagree with the loyal fans quote though, they'll be back to 7 to 8 k crowds very very soon like they did a few years ago.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I was there that day as well. One thing i remember was how loud they were with the blooming pompey chimes. I was only about 15 and i along with my dad, cousin and best mate got a real soaking, and it was cold, it snowed on the way home!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
David James should have got the f*** out of there the moment Redknapp left. The problem is there's loads of good keepers in the Prem so not many opportunities for him - even the likes of Blackburn, Bolton and Fulham have quality like Robinson, Jaaskeleinen and Schwarzer.

You'd think maybe Everton or Sunderland might be interested.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Glad I'm not the only one who remembers that day, disagree with the loyal fans quote though, they'll be back to 7 to 8 k crowds very very soon like they did a few years ago.

I *think* he was being sarcastic.

Could be wrong though.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I was there that day as well. One thing i remember was how loud they were with the blooming pompey chimes. I was only about 15 and i along with my dad, cousin and best mate got a real soaking, and it was cold, it snowed on the way home!

I must have been at this game too and about the same age, Brighton were shite and we were in the open end behind the goal and cos we were getting stuffed pompey out sung us that day, i only had a t-shirt on and got drenched, remember took an age to get out of the ground as had to wait for pompey to disperse, was well pissed off, as we were pulling out of portsmouth our train got bombarded with missiles and a few windows got bricked
Love Pompey games mind you and hopefully wont be too long before the next one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here