Pompey tossers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Its a terrible situation, especially for James himself.

Pompey won't play him, because they can't afford to give him a new contract, which they will have to do if he plays any more games.

Surely it would be better for Stoke to be paying a part of his wages, if only to save a bit on the wage bill.

I agree poor old David. How is he going to afford another dodgy haircut or put food on the table.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All though to be fair most Premiership Clubs will ower each other money as transfer fees between them are never actually all paid in one go.

Oh yeah, it goes on. It just highlights the shambolic state of affairs when you note that they made a 13 million profit on Johnson but can't pay off the fee they paid.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Ha!

I wasn't thinking about James' wages - I agree, I would love to be on his wages in exchage for not actually having to work. What I perhaps should have said is that it is terrible for his chances of getting into Fabio's squad for the World Cup.

But if they are taking the P and say only offering 10%..is that credible?

It all depends on whether they think they will get a better offer.

Is it better to have James on the books, pay him £40k a week but not be able to pay him because then you will have to give him a new contract on the same terms

OR

Loan him to Stoke, still pay him £36k, but guarantee you can release him at the end of the season?

At the moment Pompey think that someone else will offer them a higher percentage of James' wage, so they are waiting. What could well happen is that it gets to January 30th, Stoke compromise and offer (complete guesswork) 25% of his wage, Pompey realise that's as good as it's going to get and pay him £30k a week for the rest of the season just to get him off the books.

I really can't understand those blaming Redknapp. Unless he's made a load of promises he can't keep (such as saying he'd get them into the Champions League) and they've overburdened themselves trying to reach that, the financial management of the club is solely down to the chairman and the MD. It looks like it is Storrie that has f***ed up here, he is ultimately in control and must have been aware that the money that Gadamak (or however you spell it) was in the form of loans rather than a gift. I know that Storrie was at West Ham during Redknapp's tenure there as well; don't suppose he was also at Bournemouth??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its a terrible situation, especially for James himself.

Pompey won't play him, because they can't afford to give him a new contract, which they will have to do if he plays any more games.

Surely it would be better for Stoke to be paying a part of his wages, if only to save a bit on the wage bill.
It's not terrible. What is stopping James from waiving that part of his contract? He's clearly vastly overpaid which is no fault of his own, but he could help himself a bit here.

But if they are taking the P and say only offering 10%..is that credible?
Do you really think that's what they're doing? And if they are, so what? Pompey could let him go to the highest bidder if they wanted. Why aren't they doing that?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Do you really think that's what they're doing? And if they are, so what? Pompey could let him go to the highest bidder if they wanted. Why aren't they doing that?

What if Stoke are the only bidders? All I am saying is that just dealing with this point only they may be exercising their business acumen and it may be Stoke who trying to steal a deal.

They are tossers but we all know that anyway. On this point only Pulis may pulling their plonkers.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Funny isn’t it?! Going down, ground falling to bits, crowd ebbing away and skint. HA HA.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ha!

I wasn't thinking about James' wages - I agree, I would love to be on his wages in exchage for not actually having to work. What I perhaps should have said is that it is terrible for his chances of getting into Fabio's squad for the World Cup.

If he really cared about his England place he'd let Pompey terminate his contract and take a wage cut at another club.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I’ve always hated Pompey even more than I dislike Palace. I hate the term ‘Pompey’, I hate that tattooed bell cheese who constantly rings that annoying bell. I hate ‘Play up Pompey’ more than I hate that Bright eyes song we sing. I hate their thuggish fans ever since we beat them 1-0 in the cup with that Mathew Edwards header. I even hate that poxy ground and I still hate Micky Quinn. (I think Arry Rednapp is alright though. Never understood the dislike for him).

In fact I couldn’t wish that skint chairman and winding up order on any other club more. It’s excellent fun. What with my number 2 hate club Liverpool cocking this season up royally, I’m beginning to enjoy the Premier League again.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I’ve always hated Pompey even more than I dislike Palace. I hate the term ‘Pompey’, I hate that tattooed bell cheese who constantly rings that annoying bell. I hate ‘Play up Pompey’ more than I hate that Bright eyes song we sing. I hate their thuggish fans ever since we beat them 1-0 in the cup with that Mathew Edwards header. I even hate that poxy ground and I still hate Micky Quinn. (I think Arry Rednapp is alright though. Never understood the dislike for him).

In fact I couldn’t wish that skint chairman and winding up order on any other club more. It’s excellent fun. What with my number 2 hate club Liverpool cocking this season up royally, I’m beginning to enjoy the Premier League again.

What he said..:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Everything he said, except that I DO also hate Redknapp.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’ve always hated Pompey even more than I dislike Palace. I hate the term ‘Pompey’, I hate that tattooed bell cheese who constantly rings that annoying bell. I hate ‘Play up Pompey’ more than I hate that Bright eyes song we sing. I hate their thuggish fans ever since we beat them 1-0 in the cup with that Mathew Edwards header. I even hate that poxy ground and I still hate Micky Quinn.
Yep, this again. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lets face it, I know we shouldn't but there are loads of Albion fans who hate these absolute twats. Oh and like HKFC, I also hate Redknapp.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I f**king hate Pompey. I had to live there for 5 years, amongst the inbred mumbling fools. So, i am loving this. You reap what you sow.

What is even better is that in west sussex, especially Chi, Bognor way, there are a lot of Pompey fans.

We really need to take advantage of the troubles Pompey and Palace are going through to draw back the fans in the north and west. A successful run up to Falmer would do the job.

D

Deleted member 2719

I f**king hate Pompey. I had to live there for 5 years, amongst the inbred mumbling fools. So, i am loving this. You reap what you sow.

What is even better is that in west sussex, especially Chi, Bognor way, there are a lot of Pompey fans.

We really need to take advantage of the troubles Pompey and Palace are going through to draw back the fans in the north and west. A successful run up to Falmer would do the job.

My view too i should imaging Tony Bloom will make sure we go for the extra fans in those areas as soon as Pompey and Palarse go on the slide or cease too exists we could be MASSIVE.

:falmer::falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports