pompey away

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not sure, I know you can do it for £12 with an all day bus saver included, but may be cheaper than that on national rail.

£11.05 return if you buy it on the Southern Railway website (w/o the bus).

Last edited:

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
- Old Custom House is the best bet at Gunwharf.
- Bar 38 (also gunwharf) does a decent BOGOF range 5-8pm so is reasonable post match (for those not rushing off),
- Ship Anson on the Hard does Carlsberg dirt cheap,
- Still & West and Spice Island Inn in Old Pompey do a good ale and nice in the sun but are a bit further from the station.

It'll nice to have some civilised company down this way for a change!

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
No points = No chance

Not read whole thread...but when do people with 0 points get a chance to buy tickets. Work nearly every Saturday, based in Surrey, would like to attend the Pompey away game, what chance???? Obviously cannot have a season ticket. So a floating fan. I assume sales would not be so slow if all were allowed to attend? Went when we had 3 Youngs and lost 5-0 or 5-1. Stood in the peein rain for an hour afterwards. Want the chance to see revenge.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not read whole thread...but when do people with 0 points get a chance to buy tickets. Work nearly every Saturday, based in Surrey, would like to attend the Pompey away game, what chance???? Obviously cannot have a season ticket. So a floating fan. I assume sales would not be so slow if all were allowed to attend? Went when we had 3 Youngs and lost 5-0 or 5-1. Stood in the peein rain for an hour afterwards. Want the chance to see revenge.

I assume you are at least registered / on the albion database? Imagine you'll get a chance for this game

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
I assume you are at least registered / on the albion database? Imagine you'll get a chance for this game

Last season ticket was 2001 before moving abroad. I was contacted by the club, but had to decline offer of season ticket. Will I have ANY points?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Last season ticket was 2001 before moving abroad. I was contacted by the club, but had to decline offer of season ticket. Will I have ANY points?

no one has points unless they have an Amex Season ticket OR had a Withdean Season ticket LAST YEAR ONLY.

shame, sorry you have 0...best of luck

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
no one has points unless they have an Amex Season ticket OR had a Withdean Season ticket LAST YEAR ONLY.

shame, sorry you have 0...best of luck

Yep, nil points for you.

But don't worry you'll be fine.

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
Yep, nil points for you.

But don't worry you'll be fine.

Oh Well...I'll just have to wait until new seats at Amex come along and i jack in my job which covers saturday's. Then won't be able to afford a season ticket so back to square one or is this catch 22. Lol

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
`

I thought we'd covered this.
Away games will now be OFF LIMITS for the most loyal fans, because the 1901's and new JCL STH's will snaffle ALL the tickets before they ever go on general sale. We will have a new travelling army of around 5,000 fans for every away game, and only a small percentage of them will know what colours we are wearing.

Exactly this, the Pompey game must be fully sold out now to 1901ers and the litter patrol from Withdean, the rest will need to get a ticket in the home end.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
So...are we going to adapt the North stand 'Ultras' song that was sung on Saturday for Away games?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Oh Well...I'll just have to wait until new seats at Amex come along and i jack in my job which covers saturday's. Then won't be able to afford a season ticket so back to square one or is this catch 22. Lol

Mate, I have 0 points but went to SSC, Spurs, got donnie tickets, Gills and going Pompey away. Just get in there when they go on general sale. Slightly annoying that the 'loyalty points' wont be next to my name when get away tickets from Season ticket holders but I will be there!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yeah. Or you could just stop assuming you cant get tickets, make some effort to get one and then you'll find out that it is actually not that difficult at all. I just find this 'I cant get a ticket' thing odd, when it has been proven already that it is nonsense. I bought a spare ticket as well as my season ticket for the Doncaster game just to prove I could. It's really not that hard.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mate, I have 0 points but went to SSC, Spurs, got donnie tickets, Gills and going Pompey away. Just get in there when they go on general sale. Slightly annoying that the 'loyalty points' wont be next to my name when get away tickets from Season ticket holders but I will be there!!

Yeah, thanks to some of us Al. Cough cough. How you gettin down to Pompey fella ?. Might tag along with you for that one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yeah. Or you could just stop assuming you cant get tickets, make some effort to get one and then you'll find out that it is actually not that difficult at all. I just find this 'I cant get a ticket' thing odd, when it has been proven already that it is nonsense. I bought a spare ticket as well as my season ticket for the Doncaster game just to prove I could. It's really not that hard.

Agreed, at the moment there are tickets left, in a few days anyone will be able to aply for them, why not wait, see if you get one, I'm going to take a guess that there will still be tickets left on Monday when they are on general sale.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not read whole thread...but when do people with 0 points get a chance to buy tickets.
Given that there are over 20,000 people who do have points, it's going to be tricky for those without. Do you not have any friends with a season ticket? I asked a friend to get me a ticket this morning, job done.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
After hour & a half trying to get on to ticket line i finally got on got my tickets & now can get on at will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports