Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey away

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
On the subject of pubs, I've been giving this some thought. Fratton is an utter hellhole, a slum, a truley unpleasant hovel infested with tattood agressive inbreds. It makes Mogadishu look like Beverley Hills.

With this in mind, I think I might stay on the train for 2 more stops and hop off at Gunwharf Quays, which is bordering on almost civilised, and has a fairly splendid pub called "The Old Customs House", which is apparently the Old Customs House. Decent food and a nice place to sit outside if the weather is clement. This place is pretty much Brighton Marina, but perhaps with more people on benefits. As far as I can make out, its the best you're going to get within a 10 mile radius.

Superb description :lolol:
Good shout with The Old Customs House, there's another couple of places that overlook the sea/estruary to Gosport which are alright, but they're more like bars than pubs.
Oh, and remember the train's only £6 if you have 3 mates, £8 if you have 2 mates.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Will our away following be as good as it normally is now we have the AMEX ?

Many I thought chose away games over home games, but now might not travel away ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
`
Will our away following be as good as it normally is now we have the AMEX ?

Many I thought chose away games over home games, but now might not travel away ?

I thought we'd covered this.
Away games will now be OFF LIMITS for the most loyal fans, because the 1901's and new JCL STH's will snaffle ALL the tickets before they ever go on general sale. We will have a new travelling army of around 5,000 fans for every away game, and only a small percentage of them will know what colours we are wearing.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm wondering this too. I plan on doing just as many, but with the cost increasing for me quite rapidly I'm starting to realise I won't be at anywhere near as many games. I'll have limited funds available as my student loan will only cover fee's and that, and even with a job £50+ a week is far too much for me. It's not just the cost of the championship though, as now i'm 18 i'm an adult at almost every ground so it's almost a double increase, which is to be expected.
I think most will travel just as much.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Got my ticket today.

We'll make a day of it.
Go down in the morning, leave the wife at our daughter's flat, then off to footy with son-in-law and his boy.

I may even pick the wife up later to take her home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can be your mate as i'll be paying a loner fare too........well I need to get my ticket for the game first.

I was only joshing anyway :thumbsup:

Return from Portslade Station is only £14.90, so I can afford to be a billy for the day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] I think you'll find [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] was generalising on away support as to attendances, as opposed to who gets the tickets. I think there may be a bit of a drop through the season as more people can get to the Amex and can now enjoy good facilities as opposed to the past. We'll be spoilt for choice home and away for facilities at the majority of championship football grounds.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
said the same rory,but already doing pompey and cardiff!!!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll do the London ones, Nigels, Hammers, Watford, Millwall as well as Reading... very quick journey. Also, living right next to Euston station makes access to Leeds good, so go there, probably Leicester, and Donny and Hull appeal to me too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
tickets very slow:ohmy: come on guys,easy to get to,great away end.
Only available for season ticket holders, so not easy for everyone. Also, most STHs didn't have an ST last season, so they'll already be going to many more games than usual, so might not want (or be allowed) to go to away games too.

Don't worry, it will sell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bummer that Watford, Millwall and Derby are midweek. Might still go to a couple of them, but midweek aways are a bit of a pain in the 'arris.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Was thinking about buying a Pompey ticket and selling it on here for face value. I could even do this for high profile matches like West Ham as the only away game i will probably go to is Palace. This way i build up my points and it gives non season ticket holders a chance of seeing one of these games.

Risky idea though.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
mill wall midweek aint to bad for the trains mind

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
On the subject of pubs, I've been giving this some thought. Fratton is an utter hellhole, a slum, a truley unpleasant hovel infested with tattood agressive inbreds. It makes Mogadishu look like Beverley Hills.

With this in mind, I think I might stay on the train for 2 more stops and hop off at Gunwharf Quays, which is bordering on almost civilised, and has a fairly splendid pub called "The Old Customs House", which is apparently the Old Customs House. Decent food and a nice place to sit outside if the weather is clement. This place is pretty much Brighton Marina, but perhaps with more people on benefits. As far as I can make out, its the best you're going to get within a 10 mile radius.

is there a station at gunwharf?????only been by car

????

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
cricket

been there - god forsaken hole

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here