Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Arrived Early

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
a group of about 30 of them just stormed past me heading into town all very drunk singing the usual pompey chants. obviously here early. town could be entertaining at the weekend

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
a group of about 30 of them just stormed past me heading into town all very drunk singing the usual pompey chants. obviously here early. town could be entertaining at the weekend

Really? It's Thursday FFS! As you say, could be a wee bit entertaining on Saturday. Not surprised really, the amount of Albion fans that have said they'd be happy to see them go under would wind me up too if the boot was on the other foot.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
a group of about 30 of them just stormed past me heading into town all very drunk singing the usual pompey chants.

Plural, chants.

1. Play up Pompey, Pompey play up.
2. erm .....

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Already? Surely Brighton is hardly a couple of day trip from Portsmouth. I mean I think Brighton is a bit nicer than Pompey (although I think the town center in Southsea is quite nice, and their park with a zoo is good) but it hardly seems worth coming for a few days on a short break or whatever.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Already? Surely Brighton is hardly a couple of day trip from Portsmouth. I mean I think Brighton is a bit nicer than Pompey (although I think the town center in Southsea is quite nice, and their park with a zoo is good) but it hardly seems worth coming for a few days on a short break or whatever.

Brighton shits all over Portsmouth..fact.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Brighton shits all over Portsmouth..fact.

I dunno, do we have a zoo? Well it's not really a zoo, it has a greenhouse with butterflies and fake streams in, and then there are exotic birds I think? I haven't been there since I way maybe 11 though, but to my memory it was pretty good.

I'd much rather live in Brighton though.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I was chatting to my Pompey supporting colleague today (we're both going to the game on Saturday, albeit sitting in different stands!) and he was taking me through the various Pompey songs. Apparently, if there's any banter along the lines of "Pay up Pompey, Pompey pay up!" they're planning on singing "You've never won f*** all!". Now forgive me, but isn't that a double negative on a par with the Ipswich banner?

And we did, of course, win the Charity Shield in 1910!

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover

Fratton zoo? Where they keep all the primates?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was chatting to my Pompey supporting colleague today (we're both going to the game on Saturday, albeit sitting in different stands!) and he was taking me through the various Pompey songs. Apparently, if there's any banter along the lines of "Pay up Pompey, Pompey pay up!" they're planning on singing "You've never won f*** all!". Now forgive me, but isn't that a double negative on a par with the Ipswich banner?

I would rather have won nothing than have won by cheating.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gunwharf Quays is quite nice.

Went there for lunch and some pre-match bevvies prior to the match there this season. The less time spent in that dismal bombsite craphole known as Fratton the better.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Well we did win League One last year. We've still got the trophy! When was the last time Pompey did that eh? ;)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Torquay, on a Tuesday night"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here