Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Polling booth staff

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blonde girl in Hove library was alright.

el punal

I do try :lol:

Must be where i live, they give the impression your inconveniencing and interrupting them, one was even eating her lunch out of her tupperware box! as one handed my card to the other he abruptly said "Wait I'm busy" and left the wife & I standing there whist he filled out some forms before picking up our cards and then picked up another set of lists to check the numbers before shouting these at the other person who was only 4 feet away who handed us our ballot papers !., no please, thank you's there you go, nothing, Sorry but they were miserable ****ers, wish i had had Sir Albions team !
You weren't wearing a red and blue striped football shirt . . . . . were you?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Postbox was great for me

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Yes, they are.

But then my polling station is Rottingdean Village Hall.

Oi... my MUM is working there today.. (Sweet, little old lady, but pretty handy with walking stick when required to knock some voters into line..)

I always thought you weren't allowed to be on duty once you passed 65.

Nope..

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Some hotties up here in Hollingdean. One even flirtily closed her eyes and she had 'Vote' and 'Green' on either eyelid. I honestly thought I was Indiana Jones lecturing my archaeology class, while Denholm Elliott (RIP) looked on from the wings.
One of the Poll Clerks?

Not a chance. Polling station staff should not even wear anything remotely favouring one political party. You normally see them in black/white/grey or something equally neutral. One lady was sent home to change once when she turned up in a bright blue dress!

Don't they have a team that do it in shifts?

Nope. It's an all-dayer.

did you want them to sing and dance ?

It has been known.....:rave::whistle:

In all honesty, it's a long old day but I love it. Completely cream-crackered now after a 31 hour stint yesterday..........and it's Good Night now from me:yawn::yawn::yawn:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Some hotties up here in Hollingdean. One even flirtily closed her eyes and she had 'Vote' and 'Green' on either eyelid. I honestly thought I was Indiana Jones lecturing my archaeology class, while Denholm Elliott (RIP) looked on from the wings.

I hope you didn't spoil your ballot paper..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here