Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Polling booth staff

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Is it a criteria that they must be over 65 miserable &humourless.
Ever since I've been voting every bunch have been boring old fu@kers.

The seasons finished so as [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] said they have gone on to bore more members of the public:ohmy:

I initially said beat up :eek:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Its a hideous job, polling hours here are usually 0700-2300 or 0000 even. If I was working for 17 hours/knew I had a load of hours left, I'd probably want to kill someone towards the end of it!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Its a hideous job, polling hours here are usually 0700-2300 or 0000 even. If I was working for 17 hours/knew I had a load of hours left, I'd probably want to kill someone towards the end of it!

Don't they have a team that do it in shifts?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I love that whole Polling booth thing. It's so low-key and seemingly-ramshackle you'd think we were voting for the next local parish council rather than the future of a major industrialised nation, what with all the stubby pencils on a bit of string, the battered old tin ballot boxes and the voting booths knocked up with a couple of bits of plywood. Bless. :lol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is it possible for a 'Lady' to 'man' something?
I hope so, but I'm not really sure.

These two were really chatty, I guess they were making the most of human presence given that only about 400 were registered to vote at our polling station. Apparently 60 odd of the 400 registered were doing postal votes and 5 by proxy.

I think they were bored.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just went to one in Worthing and the bloke was clearly Mr Public Sector. Complete with four or five piercings.

Jan 30, 2008

These two were really chatty, I guess they were making the most of human presence given that only about 400 were registered to vote at our polling station. Apparently 60 odd of the 400 registered were doing postal votes and 5 by proxy.

I think they were bored.
should have asked them to sharpen your pencil for you???
regards
DR

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I love that whole Polling booth thing. It's so low-key and seemingly-ramshackle you'd think we were voting for the next local parish council rather than the future of a major industrialised nation, what with all the stubby pencils on a bit of string, the battered old tin ballot boxes and the voting booths knocked up with a couple of bits of plywood. Bless. :lol:

You don't even need ID. I could have turned up this morning and spied an address with a male (as you could clearly see the list - engage a little chat whilst picking an address) and then turned up this evening and voted for me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say one of our ones fitted your description. "Get to the back of the queue" she said as we walked up to the desk.

That would've been fine but there wasn't a queue! !!

Dandyman

In London village.
The Polling Station staff I experienced this morning were charming and professional.

Having done the job myself a couple of times, it tends to be a 0630 to 1030 day for the basic Poll Clerks and a longer one for more senior staff. The pay is ok but fairly modest.

Jan 30, 2008

I think they were bored.
should have asked them to sharpen your pencil for you???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here