Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police to hunt down gay-slur Palace Fans'

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
I thought he came out years ago? Ok, Justin Fashanu for example. Poor guy, he had no chance being black and gay.

Yep, he is, I just checked and found an article about him demanding more help from the FA for "gay" footballers.

Link?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I was surprised to hear it to be honest given the strength of feeling from our supporters when subjected to homophobic chanting. It didn't quite add up. Maybe I am missing something

I guess don't go to many away games then, I've never seen an albion fan react to "homophobic" chanting any other way than laughing and sarcastically applauding them..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you serious.

How about general swearing, offensive chanting about 'Pikey Scum' and 'Burn your own town down', which coincidently must of impacted quite severely on many many families and their businesses.

If you want to be the morality police, do so at your peril.

But remember you need to be consistent.
It's not a hate crime to joke that people had a riot.

I don't think we can take the morale high ground when we respond with 'We just ****ed you in the arse'.
a) that's satire as opposed to homophobia, b) not every single Brighton fan sang it (probably about 1/10), so it's pretty irrelevant.

Get a life you lot. Just football banter
and this shows why nothing will ever get done about it.
That's not true, it will get better over time. Racism at football was excused as 'just banter' at one point, and that's a lot less prevalent in this country than it was.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Banter, what a horrible word that has become.

I saw some thick idiot having a go at a Southern rail employee last week. When the rail man took issue with way he was being talked to, the "banter" word was soon used as an excuse. In fact I think he said I was just "bantering you".

In my experience the people now using that word to excuse themselves having got the intelligence to differentiate between what's acceptable or not. So they resort the banter word.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
So because i express a view that you dont agree with that makes me rascist does it? Sadly it doesn't suprise me because as soon as anyone dares speak out against the liberal view they always get branded as 'rascist' or 'homophobic.'

For your information i am neither rascist nor homophobic.

I think you've missed the point of my post or I put it badly. If the latter then apologies as I was not trying to call you racist or homophobic. I was however trying to allude to how society has in the past considered something acceptable that is now clearly not. I think homophobic 'banter' will go the same way over time.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I thought he came out years ago? Ok, Justin Fashanu for example. Poor guy, he had no chance being black and gay.

Yep, he is, I just checked and found an article about him demanding more help from the FA for "gay" footballers.

Sticking up for those batting for the other team doesn't make you an iron. Graham Le Saux is not gay, he differed from other players cos he read books & the Guardian & took stick for being different. The infamous Robbie Fowler gestures meant that the football watching hordes believed it to be true. I thought most people were aware of this.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think you've missed the point of my post or I put it badly. If the latter then apologies as I was not trying to call you racist or homophobic. I was however trying to allude to how society has in the past considered something acceptable that is now clearly not. I think homophobic 'banter' will go the same way over time.

Apology accepted and thanks for that. I do still however view it as banter and not 'homophobia'. For me it's a bit of a 'rolls eyes' moment when i hear the tired old 'do you take it up the arse' chants.' I'm not gay but I'm pretty certain if i was it would not bother me in the slightest hearing chants like that.

Also have the Police not got better things to do than try and track down football supporters who sing 'homophobic' songs? If you got your house burgled you probably would not even see a policeman, but report your neighbour for 'homophobic' abuse and they would no doubt be over in a flash (no pun intended) investigating a 'hate' crime and showing their commitment to 'diversity' and 'inclusion.'

sonofanarchy

Mar 12, 2013
"Police have vowed to hunt down Palace fans who chanted homophobic slogans before and after yesterday's derby match. More than 100 fans hurled anti-gay taunts and set off smoke bombs as they were marched up Western Road before the game.
The chants continued during and after the match as as rival fans squared up outside of the stadium. A police spokesman said officers were deployed with videos and if offences were committed then those responsible will be identified."
-
I wasn't in Brighton beforehand (train via Lewes) but I was at the stadium beforehand joined in on the 'we scored...' chant, hardly homophobic thou as I was referring to a gorgoeous Brighton gurl I was seeing a few years ago who loved it up the bum.... I assumed that's what all Palace fans were singing about?
As to the game we were ****ing awful & deserved to lose, however your lot weren't that much better, certainly had trouble keeping the ball in play & as to the library, come on at least sing when you're winning! The seats were very comfortable, thou unlike you lot I only sat down at half time. You do have a nice stadium & facilities however you really need to sort some bollocks when it comes to being able to stand to get a proper atmosphere.
I do also need to mention the weather, **** me why was the rain so cold!
Anyway, next time eh, mind you that we be in the play off's when we take you out or if you don't make those not for a few years I expect...

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Whats it come to when you cant sing songs to piss off your rivals its like a police state.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Well that definitely makes him gay then :facepalm:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
-
You do have a nice stadium & facilities however you really need to sort some bollocks when it comes to being able to stand to get a proper atmosphere.

Maybe we need some of these to help turn our stadium into the intimidating cauldron of noise that is Selhurst Park

palace-games-makers.jpg

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
-
I wasn't in Brighton beforehand (train via Lewes) but I was at the stadium beforehand joined in on the 'we scored...' chant, hardly homophobic thou as I was referring to a gorgoeous Brighton gurl I was seeing a few years ago who loved it up the bum.... I assumed that's what all Palace fans were singing about?
As to the game we were ****ing awful & deserved to lose, however your lot weren't that much better, certainly had trouble keeping the ball in play & as to the library, come on at least sing when you're winning! The seats were very comfortable, thou unlike you lot I only sat down at half time. You do have a nice stadium & facilities however you really need to sort some bollocks when it comes to being able to stand to get a proper atmosphere.
Anyway, next time eh, mind you that we be in the play off's when we take you out or if you don't make those not for a few years I expect...

Oh look, another stripey who clearly didn't actually watch the game. Think your players bottled it, must be hard for them to play in front of 28000. Library :lol: didn't hear a peep out of your lot after 30 mins "we support our team winning or losing" err no you don't as was proved on Sunday?

3-0

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
-

Says sort some b******s and then complains about how cold the rain was. Palace are a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here