Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police arrogance? Do they serve us or do we serve them?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hi, Hovagirl, looks like you and your other account still don't get it .

I suggest if you want to make accusations to deflect from the post, then you get in touch with Admin and report your assumption.
In fact report your assumption, and after contacting them, you might want to admit it was a dumb and a wrong assumption.

Dandyman

In London village.
No, it doesn't. It's a funeral, not a political rally. The Angry Left don't seem to understand this, they are so busy being angry.

Don't be a hypocrite. It's a blatantly political attempt by the Right-wing to sanctify a leader whose career they killed off themselves. The contempt and disgust many of us feel toward the witch would not need to be so on display if she was merely having a family funeral.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So what have you ever had to protest about? Or are you some swampy type who does not know when he is well off?

Many protest I have been on have been to improve life for other people who are less fortunate than myself.

Not a concept I would expect you to grasp of course.

I am not some 'swampy' no. Perhaps you could dig out another mindless stereotype in order to make assumptions and build yourself a straw man to knock down.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well done. The warped word-twisting of a left-wing pinko again there. You have managed to twist a comment about those who opposed Poll Tax being the ones who used most local authority services a few times now. It was a fact, that the people who moaned about paying their fair share were the ones who used most local authority services (because the better-off are more likely to have cars, and not use buses for example), but obviously you are too thick to understand. Still, you are in the right place now, and you did not even need to thieve to get there! lol

On one of the many council run free buses?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like it or not, agree with her policies or not, she was a monumental part of our recent history and as such should be treated in the appropriate manner. The police are perfectly correct to insist that they should not and will not allow demonstrations. Any such demonstration would gain more sympathy if the funeral was allowed to proceed and protest made after it had finished even later in the day.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't be a hypocrite. It's a blatantly political attempt by the Right-wing to sanctify a leader whose career they killed off themselves. The contempt and disgust many of us feel toward the witch would not need to be so on display if she was merely having a family funeral.

i recall it was the armed forces that said early doors they were going to do a ceremonial affair. and lets not pretend a family funeral would have been ignored by thousands that feel so much contempt and disgust.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Like it or not, agree with her policies or not, she was a monumental part of our recent history and as such should be treated in the appropriate manner. The police are perfectly correct to insist that they should not and will not allow demonstrations. Any such demonstration would gain more sympathy if the funeral was allowed to proceed and protest made after it had finished even later in the day.

......and not be given a state funeral like other Prime Ministers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i recall it was the armed forces that said early doors they were going to do a ceremonial affair. and lets not pretend a family funeral would have been ignored by thousands that feel so much contempt and disgust.

I think there would have been a few that went to protest a private funeral. These few would have got little support from anyone and would probably have been dealt with by the police pretty swiftly. As she has been given a state funeral (in all but name) the event is fair game for protests.

Anyhow I am out of this thread I seem to be making the same point over and over again for people to ignore.

Enjoy people.

Dandyman

In London village.

If it was just her convicted criminal son and "gollywog" daughter burying her most people would ignore the actual ceremony. This is a "ceremonial" affair paid for by the public in the middle of a recession and decided upon by the government for political reasons. Since when do the Armed Forces determine a state event without political direction ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Guardian standards slipping here. seems to me turning your back is a non-harassing way of showing your disaproval and nothing the police could do about it anyway.

The policy asked demonstrators to contact them and this women did. That's all the story is about. There are still restrictions surrounding demonstrations in the area of parliament for instance.

I'll give the Police the benefit of the doubt of this one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Since when do the Armed Forces determine a state event without political direction ?

its not a state event. they are doing a ceremonial event. i dont know the rules around permission to have a funeral parade through a town, but it's not the first and i imagine its a formality. more so in the City of London.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The police are perfectly correct to insist that they should not and will not allow demonstrations.

They aren't but I'm not entirely sure they are actually trying to do so.

Difficult one for the Police this one. They don't appear to have a very good relationship with the current government. They did with Thatcher but it's easy to associate their past "excesses" with her regime.

Difficult one for them, so I'm not surprised they want to be seen to do the right thing and ask for demonstrators to contact them.

Technically I only think you need to contact the Police if you are planning a march. Otherwise you don't need to at all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If it was just her convicted criminal son and "gollywog" daughter burying her most people would ignore the actual ceremony. This is a "ceremonial" affair paid for by the public in the middle of a recession and decided upon by the government for political reasons. Since when do the Armed Forces determine a state event without political direction ?

I understand where you're coming from matey but I really do question that this is a politically motivated event. If I were a Tory spin doctor I'd try to bury her (literally) as quietly as possible. Thatcherism is not a vote winner any more. They spent the last 23 years hiding her away from the public because of this.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I understand where you're coming from matey but I really do question that this is a politically motivated event. If I were a Tory spin doctor I'd try to bury her (literally) as quietly as possible. Thatcherism is not a vote winner any more. They spent the last 23 years hiding her away from the public because of this.

But I'd imagine Dave is getting advice in my ear from the spin doctors and the opposite from the frothing in the mouth brigade in the other. Problem is there is a significant degree of people in that party who obviously do think it's a vote winner.

Same with Labour. There will be some who think The Blair Project was never finished.

Both leaders not defeated by the electorate doesn't help.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
But I'd imagine Dave is getting advice in my ear from the spin doctors and the opposite from the frothing in the mouth brigade in the other. Problem is there is a significant degree of people in that party who obviously do think it's a vote winner.

Same with Labour. There will be some who think The Blair Project was never finished.

Both leaders not defeated by the electorate doesn't help.

Let's hope for Labour's sake they have given Jo Moore special leave on Wednesday!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think there would have been a few that went to protest a private funeral. These few would have got little support from anyone and would probably have been dealt with by the police pretty swiftly. As she has been given a state funeral (in all but name) the event is fair game for protests.

Anyhow I am out of this thread I seem to be making the same point over and over again for people to ignore.

Enjoy people.

Only in your warped little mind sunshine!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

That would be Carol Thatcher, the one the public voted "Queen of the Jungle" because they liked her so much wouldn't it?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I saw a poll yesterday that claimed that if Thatcher was leading the Conservative party today then they would have a clear majority (partly because UKIP virtually disappears).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here