Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police arrogance? Do they serve us or do we serve them?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I saw a poll yesterday that claimed that if Thatcher was leading the Conservative party today then they would have a clear majority (partly because UKIP virtually disappears).

So did I 40%+ support I believe, and wasn't it from the Guardian? The holly text of some of the lefties on here. As some are clearly so young, I just wonder why they have such a problem with the lady. Where do they get the knowledge upon which to judge her?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I saw a poll yesterday that claimed that if Thatcher was leading the Conservative party today then they would have a clear majority (partly because UKIP virtually disappears).

Really? Double whammy because it blows my theory out the water and means that we're all doomed. Have we learned nothing from the last 30 odd years?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Really? Double whammy because it blows my theory out the water and means that we're all doomed. Have we learned nothing from the last 30 odd years?

I know. I was rather staggered. I can only put it down to the fact that people prefer strong leadership to no leadership at all but even that doesn't excuse it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know. I was rather staggered. I can only put it down to the fact that people prefer strong leadership to no leadership at all but even that doesn't excuse it.

It would be interesting to know a bit more about this poll, the demographics, the reasoning behind people's choice etc. One also wonders what her economic policies would be. I'm certain there are other Tories aside from Cameron and Osborne who would get more votes but Thatcher was not one of them in my mind.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Voter apathy pales into insignificance when you think our prefered PM has been dead for a week.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

there is the theory that she wasnt "hated" as widely as many like to portray.

It would be interesting to know a bit more about this poll,

question was added to the regular Guardian/ICM polling.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
there is the theory that she wasnt "hated" as widely as many like to portray.

question was added to the regular Guardian/ICM polling.

I think the truth is she is only hated by a few stupid little twelve year olds who don't know why, the scroungers, and the loony left. Those with half a brain either supported most of her moves, or at least are appothetic about them and know on balance she did a great deal of good for this country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo (and my back is turned) :lol:

10 million plus of tax payer's money is disgusting.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I think the truth is she is only hated by a few stupid little twelve year olds who don't know why, the scroungers, and the loony left. Those with half a brain either supported most of her moves, or at least are appothetic about them and know on balance she did a great deal of good for this country.

That was exactly the problem, too many voters with only half a brain supporting her! One of the biggest problems with elections is that very few people actually read the manifestos of ALL the parties. most people vote on the personality of the leader, not the policies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here