Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police arrogance? Do they serve us or do we serve them?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Aren't the EDL protesting next week?

....and I guess with local authority and police permission, in a restricted format and route, all carefully agreed in advance. A spontaneous arrival and disruption at a flamin funeral can hardly compare to even the most controversial of properly organised marches.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am sure she would, and me her. She was very pleasant when I met her briefly at the Congress in Eastbourne. It was no good to see so many of her supporters there, and the pathetic little pinkos under police protection taking our photos and saying we were the NF Leader Guard! The tossers were scared shitless by a group of local lads paying our respects.

Which is weird because you seem so nice and balanced.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
There is so much hypocrisy here that it’s almost laughable. The right-wing are absolutely indignant that anyone should even consider a simple protest such as turning your back on the coffin, and insisting that the police should arrest the protesting scum. In fact, [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION] is actively hoping that some of them are killed by the police, the angry lil monkey.

Now, when Tony Blair or Gordon Brown die, these same right-wingers will be posting in fury about them receiving some kind of ceremonial funeral. They will be using their ‘witty’ nicknames such as Tony Bliar (ha ha ha), Gordon Clown (someone sew my sides back up!), or The Lie-bour Party (oh my, that is genius), and they will be frothing at the mouth if the police arrest anyone peacefully protesting Blair’s war crimes or whatever at the funeral. I wouldn’t put it past [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION] to jump in front of the hearse wearing a suicide belt just to make sure he’s really dead.

You’ll all be toasting their passing, don’t deny it.

To celebrate someone's death is pretty low and the right of the political persuasion have more class than that. Unlike the red and political correct (please don't sing songs on the terraces) brigade.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To celebrate someone's death is pretty low and the right of the political persuasion have more class than that. Unlike the red and political correct (please don't sing songs on the terraces) brigade.

aahhhhh the first 'brigade' i have seen in all the Thatcher discussions, I have missed it so. Thanks for finally chucking one in.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It would be nice to see the protesters behaving with a little dignity and respect.

"We intend to have legal observers with us, and shall continue to issue statements that our protest shall be entirely peaceful and that we do not intend to case a breach of the peace, nor cause offense, harassment, alarm or distress."

Can't see it happening though.

"With the amount of different groups going to protest/party/riot something big is bound to kick off and I am well up for a bit of Civil Unrest! ---- the pigs and ---- the government!"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/margaret-thatcher/9987976/Margaret-Thatcher-funeral-protesters-plan-to-line-streets-and-turn-their-backs-on-casket.html

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
....and I guess with local authority and police permission, in a restricted format and route, all carefully agreed in advance. A spontaneous arrival and disruption at a flamin funeral can hardly compare to even the most controversial of properly organised marches.

Not sure this is really the case though is it, It has clearly been organised and discussed with the police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/14/thatcher-funeral-protesters-police

Still don't let silly things like facts get in the way of the hyperbole and outrage.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
**** em, take them all back by force

Power to the people

Viva la revolution

I cannot work out whether you fish for reactions a lot or you are a cretin.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I cannot work out whether you fish for reactions a lot or you are a cretin.

Or possibly it is a little light humour.

Let me know when you work it out

I am going for the cretin option myself.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I would agree with you if this were a private funeral but if it is a state funeral (sorry a ceremonial funeral) paid for by tax payers money I think that gives the people the right to (respectfully) protest.

No, it doesn't. It's a funeral, not a political rally. The Angry Left don't seem to understand this, they are so busy being angry.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, it doesn't. It's a funeral, not a political rally. The Angry Left don't seem to understand this, they are so busy being angry.

I can be angry and comprehend that it is a funeral and not a political rally. My multitasking skills are a gift.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Her relatives? like the daughter who calls blacks " gollywogs" and the son the arms dealer and convicted mercenary financier.

What I think is horrible...and I mean really upsetting,is the thought of a demented and scared old woman being shoved into the ritz and surrounded by strangers when she died...her kids couldnt give a shit about her when she was alive so it's a bit rich them flying in from Switzerland and America to feign grief and fill our TV screens with their stupid faces.

She wasn't even being looked after in her own Belgravia home at the end. Did no one else not wonder why she was in a blimming hotel?

Because it was offered to her by the owners, and that way, she would have regular meals and her suite cleaned, which she was probably unable to do herself. Meanwhile, a supply of live-in-nurses could provide her with the 24-hour care she needed.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Exactly.
Although the Outraged At Anything mob have not had many demos to go on lately. Most of us will be at work on the day of the funeral, actually helping to pay for this state funeral..........many will not.

Yes, it's quite a while since the rent-a-riots.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
At the risk of appearing a fence sitter I have to say that I disliked Thatcher and Blair pretty intensely BUT I would never dream of being disrespectful at either of their funerals. That may, of course, just be down to my good breeding.

And also just a polite, considerate person without a chip on their shoulder.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The point was that you don't have to have fought in WW2 to know that Hitler was a bad egg. You don't have to be that old to realise what Maggie did. Anyway, if she had died and was buried away from the medias attention and did not have Cameron praising her in an almost presidential announcement, things would have been fine.

But having ramped her achievements up in a blatant hagiography,ignoring the feelings of a huge section of society,is there any wonder it has created this huge backlash ?

Thatcher was not in the same league as Hitler, so I don't know why you make such a comparison. He killed millions of Jews and other "undesirables", and maimed and displaced millions of others. Margaret Thatcher tried to haul Britain into the 20th century by reducing its debts and increasing its income. She didn't kill or maim anyone. For some reason, the Angry Left think the State coffers are bottomless pits of money for the purpose of providing them with jobs and giving them a better lifestyle. That is not the case. They have to do that for themselves.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thatcher was not in the same league as Hitler, so I don't know why you make such a comparison. He killed millions of Jews and other "undesirables", and maimed and displaced millions of others. Margaret Thatcher tried to haul Britain into the 20th century by reducing its debts and increasing its income. She didn't kill or maim anyone. For some reason, the Angry Left think the State coffers are bottomless pits of money for the purpose of providing them with jobs and giving them a better lifestyle. That is not the case. They have to do that for themselves.

And we all know that the state coffers are to give the politicians and their mates a better lifestyle.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
This thread has gone off track a little. My point is not whether it's right or wrong to demonstrate; more whether the police have the authority/remit to judge what is good or bad taste/manners etc.

It's nothing to do with bad taste and manners. It's to do with the rule of law, what is and isn't legal. Demonstrating is legal. Threatening behaviour isn't. Neither is punching a horse (regardless of whether your team won or not).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not sure this is really the case though is it, It has clearly been organised and discussed with the police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/14/thatcher-funeral-protesters-police

Still don't let silly things like facts get in the way of the hyperbole and outrage.

Don't be so prescious..... Obviously any protests that have permission will form part of our overall democratic right to protest, no complaints there, but you and everyone know that the anti capitalist, anti establishment, anarchist groups won't want to be restricted to normal protest routes and guidelines will they?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Don't be so prescious..... Obviously any protests that have permission will form part of our overall democratic right to protest, no complaints there, but you and everyone know that the anti capitalist, anti establishment, anarchist groups won't want to be restricted to normal protest routes and guidelines will they?

and the EDL will?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here