Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police arrogance? Do they serve us or do we serve them?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Protest of any kind will cause disruption. It's rather the point of it.

The point of a protest is to raise awareness of ones point of view. Disruption is one technique of doing this. With the worlds media on this event it isn't really necessary

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Would this be the ones that were too busy boo her when she was alive? Funny how the chance to be on telly clears a busy calendar.

This is really the worst argument of a whole load of truly awful arguments over the last week or so.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd have thought yesterday in Trafalgar Square was the legitimate time and place to make a protest. To disrupt anybody's funeral seems to me to be a step too far.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I suppose it is similar to the sycophants who want to paint her as the saviour of the world have also waited until now to let the world know how much they loved her. It is kind of what happens when someone dies and is the media a lot.

I do love the image of individuals over the last 20 years walking past her house booing though.

Which 'lot' am i again?

I am in the neutral camp regarding Thatcher and her achievements. I'm just amused at all this new found outrage.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'd have thought yesterday in Trafalgar Square was the legitimate time and place to make a protest. To disrupt anybody's funeral seems to me to be a step too far.

I think you are probably right here. Although I think there is a certain logic if they are protesting the fact that she is getting a state funeral (sorry ceremonial funeral). Especially as I would expect that those who are protesting think that this is taking the piss.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am in the neutral camp regarding Thatcher and her achievements. I'm just amused at all this new found outrage.

Me too. Although I must say I find the outrage at the outrage even more amusing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The point of a protest is to raise awareness of ones point of view. Disruption is one technique of doing this. With the worlds media on this event it isn't really necessary

You and I both know that the whole point of this 'protest' is because the world's media will be there and that the protestors want to deflect some if not all of the attention away from her funeral towards them. We can play semantics all day but it will disrupt the funeral.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Outrage at protesting at a funeral? Disgust, more like but that'll be my warped moral compass kicking in.

I guess it must be :lolol:

Any way it all works wonderfully in dividing us and getting us arguing about left v right instead of discussing the fact that none of these idiots are worth voting for to run the country.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Funny how the very worst argument you've seen is the one you seem to be struggling to rebut.

What that people should have been booing her for the last 20 years. Yes well it is hard to rebut such a solid and logical argument.

Goodnight

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You and I both know that the whole point of this 'protest' is because the world's media will be there and that the protestors want to deflect some if not all of the attention away from her funeral towards them. We can play semantics all day but it will disrupt the funeral.

And we both agree that if it does disrupt the funeral it will be disrespectful.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I guess it must be :lolol:

Any way it all works wonderfully in dividing us and getting us arguing about left v right instead of discussing the fact that none of these idiots are worth voting for to run the country.

On that we can agree. Personally, I doubt if I'll ever vote again because of my cynicism at the whole political circus. They are all incompetent at best, fraudsters at worst.

Actually scrub that. At the very worst is Blair who is most definitely guilty of waging an aggressive war and de facto a war criminal. I hate him with a passion more than Man United.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
On that we can agree. Personally, I doubt if I'll ever vote again because of my cynicism at the whole political circus. They are all incompetent at best, frauds years at worst.

Actually scrub that. At the very worst is Blair who is most definitely guilty of waging an aggressive war and de facto a war criminal. I hate him with a passion more than Man United.

Exactly my point

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What that people should have been booing her for the last 20 years. Yes well it is hard to rebut such a solid and logical argument.

Goodnight

Boo her when she was alive and compis mentis in any of the preceding 23 years when she might just have heard your protest or boo her at her funeral where the only people you will be upsetting are her relatives and friends but you'll be on TV.

I think that sums up my position in a nutshell.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Boo her when she was alive and compis mentis in any of the preceding 23 years when she might just have heard your protest or boo her at her funeral where the only people you will be upsetting are her relatives and friends but you'll be on TV.

I think that sums up my position in a nutshell.

Excellent, tomorrow I will write a list of all the people I hate and make sure I boo them before they die. I will tick them off, a bit like a bucket list.
:D

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Excellent, tomorrow I will write a list of all the people I hate and make sure I boo them before they die. I will tick them off, a bit like a bucket list.
:D

Good man. Be sure to include Chevy Chase as I have a completely irrational dislike for him.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
"protect and serve " isn't it...?

That's in the US.

Over here all police forces have a different slogan like "keeping Cumbria racist" or "disturbing the residents of Suffolk"

They pay focus groups for this shit.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And the cost of all the foreign investment in the UK that will disappear as soon as the N word is mentioned.

The point I was making is that it is pointless demonstrating against someone who has held no power for 23 years. If her policies were so wrong, they would have been changed. But they haven't been, so perhaps they were not wrong.

Tony Blair was the great saviour of the universe when he came to power and what did he do about her policies? It is pathetic that some aspects of society are blaming her for all the country's ills when successive governments have failed to do anything meaningful about them.

Yep.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It's ironic that people who want the police to keep order when the Amex is visited by working class neo-fascist away fans quibble about civil liberties when middle class right-on protesters start making ********s of themselves. And no, as someone who voted in 1979, I have no time for what Thatcher did to our country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here