Pokemon Go

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Graveler, shirley?

I have a Pikachu as my buddy, so this event should either get me a Raichu or get me bloody close.

We got a Raichu some time ago, but he's rubbish. I think we got a Pikachu in an egg which came with a fair bit of candy to boost what we already had and I then did the hard kms with him as our buddy to get over the line. We've seen a fair few recently - we might be closer to a second (and much stronger) Raichu.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
143 caught or seen?

143 caught is quite some going. As I say, from my quick glance the other day I'd guessed more than 6 of the 149 were possibly not even out yet, or not UK-based.

We've been on a little session around Worthing seafront this afternoon. As well as the publicised Halloween ones, there are a whole heap of Cubones and Meowths about. My 6-y-o reckoned they fit in with the theme as the latter could be a witches cat and the former is boney and like a skeleton. He's probably right.

The only thing we're close to getting currently is an Alakazam. The accelerated buddy candy means we'll get there quicker than we would otherwise. After that there's nothing in close range at all.

I was wandering around Worthing seafront in my lunch break and noticed exactly the same - I was in the midst of catching Cubones and building my candy when I got a wild Marowak anyway (in Montague Street), which saved the bother.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
143 caught or seen?

143 caught is quite some going. As I say, from my quick glance the other day I'd guessed more than 6 of the 149 were possibly not even out yet, or not UK-based.

We've been on a little session around Worthing seafront this afternoon. As well as the publicised Halloween ones, there are a whole heap of Cubones and Meowths about. My 6-y-o reckoned they fit in with the theme as the latter could be a witches cat and the former is boney and like a skeleton. He's probably right.

The only thing we're close to getting currently is an Alakazam. The accelerated buddy candy means we'll get there quicker than we would otherwise. After that there's nothing in close range at all.

143 Caught. The 142 available over here and a Tauros from US.

Been using fastpokemap to fill the gaps in my pokedex.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
New update has messed it right up for those who listen to music whilst walking... Its insistence in stopping any other audio playing is a right pita

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Just finished my nightly trawl down Worthing seafront.

I reckon about 50 at least were playing. Nice to see people about having fun and walking on the prom on a nice evening. Not really sure why people knock it.

Tons of Meowth, Cubone and Ghastly around, plus I got a Scyther 1050 ( unfortunately, no good to me as I have one at 1550 with top I.V.s ).

Got my Snorlax buddy finally into the 2000 range due to the buddy/candy drop.

Actually, I could cover a few threads here seeing as, on the way back, I went to Tesco express and picked up some sandwiches that were reduced to 40p, had a pint in Wetherspoon, and spoke to a gay mate that plays football at county level, whilst discussing Brexit :cheers:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just finished my nightly trawl down Worthing seafront.

I reckon about 50 at least were playing. Nice to see people about having fun and walking on the prom on a nice evening. Not really sure why people knock it.

Tons of Meowth, Cubone and Ghastly around, plus I got a Scyther 1050 ( unfortunately, no good to me as I have one at 1550 with top I.V.s ).

We're still missing a Scyther. One showed in 'sightings' in Littlehampton a couple of days ago, but one has never appeared for us. Annoyingly my daughter (who hasn't been playing as long as my son and I) caught a Hitmonlee on Worthing seafront today. She was only a few yards ahead of us but it never appeared for us. It's another one we're missing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We're still missing a Scyther. One showed in 'sightings' in Littlehampton a couple of days ago, but one has never appeared for us. Annoyingly my daughter (who hasn't been playing as long as my son and I) caught a Hitmonlee on Worthing seafront today. She was only a few yards ahead of us but it never appeared for us. It's another one we're missing.

I had a run a couple of weeks ago where Hitmonlee kept appearing in my sightings (at least 5 times in a week in various locations), but the little bugger wouldn't spawn.

I am also missing a Scyther and, from those mentioned in the previous post, a Snorlax,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had a run a couple of weeks ago where Hitmonlee kept appearing in my sightings (at least 5 times in a week in various locations), but the little bugger wouldn't spawn.

I am also missing a Scyther and, from those mentioned in the previous post, a Snorlax,

We got a Snorlax on Littlehampton seafront (in that prime spot where there are 3 Pokestops next to each other, often with a lure running on each of them), but it was only a CP of 282. We got a decent one out of a 10km egg a few days ago and have it up to CP 2081, with scope for a fair bit more but we're out of Snorlax candy. We tend to use our buddies to get enough candy to evolve to fill our Pokedex rather than to power up existing Pokemon so he may well stay where he is now. We also finally got a Lapras out of a 10km a week or so ago too.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

I've had 2 Scyther from 10k eggs, one of which is top notch and helps hold down gyms.

As I say, got a wild one earlier. I also got a top notch Hitmonlee.

Both were caught on the prom between Splash point and The Dome.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Managed to use this event to evolve myself a 1201CP Gengar today, and also managed to get enough candy (getting over the line via a 5k egg, appropriately enough) to evolve a 1633CP Exeggutor who now takes pride of place as my highest CP Pokemon, ahead of Gyarados (1551CP), Victreebel (1384CP), Flareon (1343CP), Lapras (1293CP) and Magmar (1282CP). In total I now have 19 Pokemon over 1000CP.

I'm Level 21 and my Pokedex reads Seen 124, Caught 122 (still missing Slowbro and Rapidash).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

With 2 competitive boys, I have this problem quite often. One will spawn for one but not the other. I've worked out its because one is on giff gaff and the other vodafone and the variances in reception. So, I end up logging in and out on the same phone. On holiday neither had reception although my EE workphone did. So here I am wandering around Salcombe at 42 years of age on holiday catching Pokemon with 3 phones in my pocket one of which is ringing off its hinges with bell cheeses from work.

As an observation, my 2 are miles being you. (Levels 20 and 21 with 94 seperate Pokemon) but Scythers are common round here (Warwickshire). Trading is the obvious answer which appears to be miles off. Also, Being into the 120s is something else. That's proper dedication.

Credit where it's due. This Halloween special has got my 2 right back into it. Finally, the developers have got something right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Managed to use this event to evolve myself a 1201CP Gengar today, and also managed to get enough candy (getting over the line via a 5k egg, appropriately enough) to evolve a 1633CP Exeggutor who now takes pride of place as my highest CP Pokemon, ahead of Gyarados (1551CP), Victreebel (1384CP), Flareon (1343CP), Lapras (1293CP) and Magmar (1282CP). In total I now have 19 Pokemon over 1000CP.

I'm Level 21 and my Pokedex reads Seen 124, Caught 122 (still missing Slowbro and Rapidash).

Well played.

Combined Snow Dog/Pokemon session around Brighton for us today. Cubone, Drowzee, Gastly, Haunter and Meowth central with a light sprinkling of Marowaks and Gengars.

We got our Alakazam which takes us to 129 caught / 137 seen (I'm annoyed about the change that means seen now includes stuff you see at a gym as opposed to just in the wild).

Whilst eating lunch at Itsu, I trained the clocktower gym up from level 9 to level 10 and put my CP 2181 Vaporeon in there. It's my most powerful Pokemon, but was the weakest of the 10 in the gym. Annoyingly, someone came by shortly after and knocked us out and stopped there.

I'm in the unusual position of having a full complement of 350 Pokemon and 350 items. I'm going to be buying a lucky egg and going on an evolve frenzy tonight. I should be able to evolve around 70 in the half hour for 70,000xp. That will put us at about 200,000 of the 250,000 needed to get from Level 27 to 28.

Next in line for us is a Charizard. I need to cover 62.25km in the next 5 days to get the full benefit of the accelerated buddy candy. Given the plans we have, that's not going to be easy!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
At the tail end of level 25 with 125 caught here, highest being my two Snorlaxes (2227 cp & 2084 cp). Finally got my Muk yesterday with the new candy thing, currently grinding away on the Charmander candies (have 37 at the moment and need 100).

Caught some crazy ones recently. Random Lickitung at the end of my road, a Snorlax in my office (albeit 747 cp) and a couple of Lapras'.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Finally resumed playing after a several-week-long hiatus, and got my hands on a Haunter. Other than that, not much playing, but I'm pinning my hopes for a Kadabra or Alakazam

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
When this Halloween thing was announced, I thought it was just going to be a few extra of the named creatures, but getting quite annoyed as only getting the same few creatures now, very rarely getting anything else. I got excited about a pidgey this morning for Christ sake!
The buddy system has been great though, managed to evolve a charmander (annoying as I hatched a better one this morning and would have got enough eggs to evolve). Now I'm 20 odd candies away from evolving a pikachu (would have been closer but kids decided to power up the pikachu I hatched ), hopefully get a few candies to evolve my Slowpoke before it ends too.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Finished today! Got everything except for two of the regionals.
It took 11 weeks. But I got everything except for five in the first six weeks. (I work in a VERY poke-rich part of the world). The next one took a week but the last four have all been in the last four days since the Halloween challenge made it easier.
Most proud of the fact that I have nine different monsters in my top 10 (CP). I'm level 29 and my top monsters are between 2100 and 2440.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Got my Raichu this morning, and at 1120CP a pretty decent specimen he is too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports