Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've downloaded it, and it does seem like fun BUT there is a time and a place for it and I don't think Holocaust Museums and the like fall into that category.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Or worse, people playing it while driving. Its only a matter of time.

Release of Mario Kart Go! for Satnav ‘hopefully won’t cause too many accidents’

Mario Kart, Nintendo, Sat Nav

Mario Kart Go! for Satnav devices is expected to cause ‘minimal casualties’ when used on the open road, according to manufacturers after the launch today.

The exciting augmented reality game will allow drivers to liven up long journeys by swerving wildly across the road to pick up powerups which may then be ‘fired’ at other road users.

Other special abilities include double points for aggressive acceleration when drivers collect a Bullet Bill, and drivers are warned that nudging other road users off remains illegal whilst also activating a bonus multiplier.

Programmers admit that picking up a Gold Star on your Satnav will not make you impervious to death ‘in real life’, but insist the game is purely for fun and should not be allowed to affect your driving.

“Mario Kart Go! is just a bit of fun and it’s important that players remain aware of their surroundings at all times,” said programmer Simon Williams.

“Whilst in-game powerups are activated by throwing banana skins out of the passenger-side window to cause cars behind you to skid off the road, we obviously don’t actually endorse that sort of thing in reality.

“But if you pick up a mushroom and decide to drive straight over a mini-roundabout without slowing down, that’s entirely up to you.”

Simon went on to stress that a brick in a sock doesn’t count as a Blue Shell for purposes of scoring the game.

Insurance companies have already said that playing Mario Kart Go! invalidates all existing policies.

http://newsthump.com/2016/07/15/rel...nav-hopefully-wont-cause-too-many-fatalities/

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Loving it at the moment. Was down on Littlehampton seafront yesterday afternoon and there must have been two dozen people down there all playing it. It's getting people out and about as well.

Took a trip into Hesworth Common just now and one or two people there playing it (for any players, there's a rare Dragonite up there...I missed it but it's there).

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm playing it, i'm usually a really unsociable person, even on here, yet i've already met dozens of people playing it and we're all going to Eastbourne pier later today, and planning to walk considering there are lots of pokemon on the way, so it is a really good idea. Don't get it If you can't look up though.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It's Harry Potter in a 'app' form.

Adults should never discuss 'training up pokemon in a gym' and be allowed to live it down.

What a pile of ****.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What's the problem? It's getting kids out and about walking around in the summer holidays, having fun and meeting new people at the same time? People used to moan that kids were shut ins playing video games all the time and now they're moaning because they're all outdoors.

You can spend all your days telling people to get off your lawn and shitting on people because they like something you don't, but I expect they won't care, something good in a world full of shitty bad things going on right now is far from pathetic.

Also these museums etc need to sort their lives out, if just 10% of the people who went in solely for pokemon spent ten minutes learning something new, I'd say it's time well spent both for the person and the places in question. They need to look at the bigger picture

People are going to moan whatever. Haters are best ignored i reckon. If you like it do it, i say.

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Oh, gottcha.

So if I catch 250 Pokemon over the next 12 months, and then average that again over the following 10 years it won't be Geeky?

Glad we cleared that up. :thumbsup:

If being an adult interested in football is geeky I am guilty as charged..

If you are an adult playing a Pokemon game....need I say more?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
When I was a kid and wanted to see something that wasn't really there, I just used to eat mushrooms

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seems to be suffering from permanent server overload. Couldnt get on all day.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
10daxwo.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Saw a bar the other day that had a sign (where they normally say what sport is on) listing the Pokemon that could be found in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here