Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I like the idea of getting people active but there are already too many people walking in public places with their eyes fixed to their phones.. Wonder how long it'll be until someone is hit by a car because they failed to look up?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
So it's a bit like tinder then?

Using your phone to find monsters in your area

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
FB_IMG_1468428841433.jpg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
"Do not use the application when you are operating a motor vehicle..."

Not illegal to use a phone whilst driving over there then?

I've seen a few injury related facebook posts already from people walking into things, tripping up etc while playing this game.

There was a bit on the BBC website I saw the other day about some pillock that had fallen off of his skateboard whilst playing. Was only a matter a of time before someone did something more serious like stack their motor. Whilst its great its getting people off their arses and doing something outside I can't help but thinking this is going to be bloody annoying.

Dunno if this is genuine or not but if they start taking over drinking establishments then I won't be happy.

[tweet]753303197171773440[/tweet]

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I've nothing against tech or gaming but this is just f*cking sad. What a bunch of geek pricks! #LOLZ

Agreed. It's pathetic:

A group of teenage Pokemon Go fans got lost in caves whilst playing the hit videogame.

The four youngsters had to be rescued from the complex, known as the Box mines, in Hawthorn, Wiltshire, by firefighters.

They entered while playing the game, which encourages users to search real-life locations for digital creatures.

More here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-36805615

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What's the problem? It's getting kids out and about walking around in the summer holidays, having fun and meeting new people at the same time? People used to moan that kids were shut ins playing video games all the time and now they're moaning because they're all outdoors.

You can spend all your days telling people to get off your lawn and shitting on people because they like something you don't, but I expect they won't care, something good in a world full of shitty bad things going on right now is far from pathetic.

Also these museums etc need to sort their lives out, if just 10% of the people who went in solely for pokemon spent ten minutes learning something new, I'd say it's time well spent both for the person and the places in question. They need to look at the bigger picture

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not sure if I am doing very well ? I have so far collected two rats and one salamander thing and a pigeon ... is this good or am I in a kind of back alley ?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
If you're negative about this, you need to get a life. It's brilliant. I'll never understand people's need to be 'above' the latest crazes. If it doesn't interest you then fair enough, but it's great fun, is getting people out of the house, and is bringing people together. It's in no way 'pathetic' or 'sad' and the reality is that if you think it is, you should probably be looking quite a bit closer to home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here