Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pointless signs on back of work vans!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
What about those stickers people used to have in the 80s, eg "Don't laugh, your daughter may be inside!" and "Traffic wardens are nice people! PS: back in 5 minutes!" I thought they were hilarious when I was 10.

Don't come knocking if the car starts rocking.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Baby on board is so the fire service know to look for babies in road traffic accidents - so not really very daft is it?

Would the child car seats not give it away? What if you don't have a sticker, would they not look for your child?

Lets hope if you do have a crash that a) the sticker doesn't fall off, and b) if you crash your back window is visible so the fire service can see the sticker.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! The fire service excuse is nonsense!

But hey if only Henri Paul had the "little princess on board sticker

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

I am trying to work this one out, is the sticker on the rear right hand side of the car, or is it on the left side of the car?
If it is on the rear right hand side, cyclists won't see it when they are undertaking, most likely in a cycle lane..
If it is on the left side of the car the cyclist won't see it as they go by on the underside in the cycling lane! :D

For what it is worth, when you see a baby on board sign, do you ease off and give a little more distance between them and you? I reckon a lot will do so probably a good idea.

Btw, I do not have a baby on board sign but I am a cyclist :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Probably says a lot about me that I couldn't immediately identify what the company was called. All I saw was the lewd joke :wrong:

I'd given up trying to find the lewd joke (it had to be one, of course) before seeing your post. That made me think, "No, I simply have to find it". Eventually, I did. Phew! I'm glad I can still spot rude jokes if I try hard enough. Er, or something...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I like the G4S vans with "POLICE. Follow this van" what's the point in that? I imagine that 99.99% of the time they're not being driven by robbers who have the two guards tied up in the back.

I wonder if that sign has ever resulted in the Police tailing them around on the off chance?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
There's a locksmith in Winchester who drives around with a caricature of himself on the side of his van. Not sure why you would choose to do that?! He is a top guy though so I will forgive him.

There's a plumber in the Basildon area with big caricatures of himself all over his van holding all manner of pipes, spanners and whatnot. It would actively discourage me from hiring him as he is clearly a bell-end with a high opinion of himself and who overcharges to such an extent that he can afford such a vanity.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Seen during the winter months on the back of a grubby white van, someone had handwritten.
"Wish my wife was as dirty as this !"

If we're branching out into graffiti I like the "Driver is Gay and proud!" One myself or the touching football related conversation captured in sooty finger writing..ie.

"Spurs" then in another hand.."are shit" ...crossed out and overwritten "brilliant"... " etc. etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here