Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pm's briefing - 5pm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its classic Johnson. Procrastinate and piss about with all the hard unpopular decisions until the last possible moment, until he's literally left with no other option. This week I saw him described as being like a child who eats his dinner, but pushes all the veg around his plate, putting off the unpalatable stuff until the very last moment. Thought that was pretty much spot-on.

BTW, I'd be interested to see the scientific back-up to this strain being "70% more infectious". I've heard it from the likes of that dithering wet fish Hancock and it seems to be the cabinets new stat to scare the shit out of us, but I can't escape the feeling they're plucking these kind of stats from their arses most of the time.

My favourite description of Boris, and one I've never felt to move away from, is thus:-

'He sees which way everybody is running, then gets in front and yells 'come on everybody, follow me' '

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1341114811762028544[/TWEET]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Jeff Wood would do a better job.

What a marvellous job Johnson has done. Steered us skilfully to the second highest Covid death rate in Europe and delivered a no-deal, sorry I mean "Australian style" Brexit even though he had an oven ready deal in place.

It's almost as if literally absolutely anyone else would have been improvement on a fat bumbling cretinous serial liar.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
More wasted millions, they had a doctor on 5live tonight answering questions who said the nightingale hospitals can't open as there are not any doctors or nurses to work in them :facepalm:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a marvellous job Johnson has done. Steered us skilfully to the second highest Covid death rate in Europe and delivered a no-deal, sorry I mean "Australian style" Brexit even though he had an oven ready deal in place.

It's almost as if literally absolutely anyone else would have been improvement on a fat bumbling cretinous serial liar.

Mr Bean would have done a better job

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More wasted millions, they had a doctor on 5live tonight answering questions who said the nightingale hospitals can't open as there are not any doctors or nurses to work in them :facepalm:

the original plan was for nurses and doctors to be redeployed along with Army medical staff, trainee and student nurses and private medical staff too. could have wasted more millions by hiring a dedicated staff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
the original plan was for nurses and doctors to be redeployed along with Army medical staff, trainee and student nurses and private medical staff too. could have wasted more millions by hiring a dedicated staff.

From where!? :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Or had an adequately funded health service and managed the pandemic better? Just an idea.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good grief, he was just questioned why he keeps over promising, then having to go back on his word. He then comes back with ' We can look forward to a better Britain at Easter' :ffsparr:

Boom, he just can't help himself.

When having his feet held to the fire he:-

Doubles down.
Says something to make everyone 'happy'.
Causes more harm than good.
Walks it back in 10 weeks time for 'unforseen circumstances'.

I hope I'm wrong.
I hope this is his 'stopped clock' moment.
I have absolutely no reason to think it will be.

He's not damned if he does, damned and he doesn't.
He makes unnecessary, grandiose, statements and damns himself and his electorate in the process.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Campaign to get ****s - Boris Johnson is FC to the Christmas number 1. Lots of momentum behind this. Check it out

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Or had an adequately funded health service and managed the pandemic better? Just an idea.

that would be a good plan too, we should pay for more staff on standby and excess capacity.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boom, he just can't help himself.

When having his feet held to the fire he:-

Doubles down.
Says something to make everyone 'happy'.
Causes more harm than good.
Walks it back in 10 weeks time for 'unforseen circumstances'.

I hope I'm wrong.
I hope this is his 'stopped clock' moment.
I have absolutely no reason to think it will be.

He makes unnecessary, grandiose, statements and damns himself and his electorate in the process.

Do you think he has got a specific Easter in mind ? I thought things were going to be getting back to normal by Easter 2020 ? You know, after playing Whack-a-Mole with the virus while flattening the Sombrero ?.. that was because of our World Beating Track and Trace system linked to Moonshot testing of a Million a day..... and that was before our two " Giant Boxing Gloves " appeared with which to defeat the virus yet again....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That might not be targeted at me, but I'm going to take it on anyway, as you HAVE replied to be with that on several occasions on this topic.

No one, or certainly not me, would claim that Johnson and the government have been "damned if they do, and damned if they don't" on every single aspect of the last nine months.

However, there are several examples where this has absolutely been the case. The most obvious relates to the imposition of any restrictions at all. When this has happened we have had loud shouts of all of the following:

- You've done this too late.
- You shouldn't be doing this at all - let people take responsibility for themselves.
- These restrictions are not draconian enough - impose more.

Much of the communication has been utterly shit, and there HAS been a cycle of over-promise (or over-optimism, anyway) followed by under-delivery when the virus gets ahead of us once again.

It would be far better for everyone if, for example, a goal was given criteria for it to happen/not happen, eg "There will be a relaxation of restrictions for a 5-day period over Christmas if, on December 20th, infection rates are X, hospitalisation rates are Y, NHS load is Z. If these conditions are not met then relaxations will not be possible, and only single household Christmases will be possible."

However, I'm under no illusion that if this seemingly more sensible approach was taken, the government WOULD be accused from many quarters of dithering and not providing certainty. Starmer would be in such a rush to stand in front of a camera and berate the government that he might even appear vaguely human when we got there.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Do you think he has got a specific Easter in mind ? I thought things were going to be getting back to normal by Easter 2020 ? You know, after playing Whack-a-Mole with the virus while flattening the Sombrero ?.. that was because of our World Beating Track and Trace system linked to Moonshot testing of a Million a day..... and that was before our two " Giant Boxing Gloves " appeared with which to defeat the virus yet again....

We were going to 'turn the tide in three weeks' I recall. He makes it up as he goes along. He's not fit for purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here