Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM's announcement - at some point today, when he feels like it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think the population would have more respect if Bungling Boris had made an appearance at 4pm to admit the announcement would be delayed for whatever reason. It just seems he is the bus conductor on a driverless bus hurtling into oblivion. ****ing clueless.

I think what's going on at the moment just shows a total contempt for the British people, to whom he is supposed to be speaking.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Perhaps he is negotiating with the virus to ask it not to do anything until Thursday.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Christ - this is like watching a band singing their new album tracks first. Next slide please.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Multi coloured bingo cards now. This is like every dull sales presentation ever. Here are some graphs you don't understand. Next slide please.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I like this slide. I think COVID sunk our battleship. Right Leg to Green.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Multi coloured bingo cards now. This is like every dull sales presentation ever. Here are some graphs you don't understand. Next slide please.

This is the spade work for the restrictions that are going the be announced in 10 minutes....We knew it was shit, most of us knew it was shit in early September, sadly this government is so off the pace !

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
AAAARRRRGGGGGH. Now Keith from the South West region gets to do his presentation. Next slide please.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
All very colourful but even, as a statistician, I couldn't care less about the graphs... Just tell us what the new rules are!

(Unless they are trying to bore us all into a month-long coma!)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anything this govt does is wrong if you're anti Tory. But having said that I do hope to hear a good reason why we waited so long, the timing seems quite poor this time around

But this government hasn’t done anything right.... or have I missed something

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If they don't support councils, there will be loads of leisure centres and gyms closing for good. Councils have helped support keep their centres going where possible but they are potless. Virtually all centres are run buy not for profits who still have the running costs to pay. Memberships have been decimated and this will just make it worse. You are spot on about mental health but there are loads of other services provided by these sites that benefit physical wellbeing. GP referral schemes, Cancer Rehab, Cardiac Rehab, Diabetes prevention to name a few. Also the overwhelming percentage of kids' swimming lessons.

And this is just one small sector that will be massively affected - just happens to be the one I know best. Without targeted financial assistance rather than the blanket assistance of last time, it will be the death knell of a fair few sectors.
And quite a few thousand people too.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
numbers outside the North West are pitifully small. even there its going down. R showing a rise now going down. so tier 3 works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here