Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ's - May has absolutely torn Corbyn to shreds

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's almost like he has........principles that he sticks to, or something.

He doesn't get this whole politics game. You're meant to be a horrible, two-faced self-serving ****. Lots of them are much better at it than him.

Ah yes. Principles.

Is passionate about human rights but happy to take money for numerous TV appearances on Iran State TV even AFTER they had been banned by Ofcom for broadcasting the torture-confession of an investigative journalist. http://uk.businessinsider.com/money-corbyn-paid-iran-2016-7

Is passionate about the rights of workers to self-organise themselves into unions - only this month attends Cuba Solidarity meeting where "workers unions" are under the total control of the Castro regime and strikes and other forms of dissent are banned.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Memorable lines...

[FONT=&quot]"He calls it austerity. I call it living within our means. He talks about austerity, but it is actually about not saddling our children and grandchildren with debt."[/FONT]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah yes. Principles.

Is passionate about human rights but happy to take money for numerous TV appearances on Iran State TV even AFTER they had been banned by Ofcom for broadcasting the torture-confession of an investigative journalist. http://uk.businessinsider.com/money-corbyn-paid-iran-2016-7

Is passionate about the rights of workers to self-organise themselves into unions - only this month attends Cuba Solidarity meeting where "workers unions" are under the total control of the Castro regime and strikes and other forms of dissent are banned.

So....you actually think he is in politics for the money?! (I'm sure Iran State TV is a MASSIVE money spinner btw...)

To be fair if you're right and his entire life is a massive act then he is a phenomenal actor and I salute you for rumbling him. 99% of the things he does and says suggest a man of principles.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Regardless of politics, Corbyn gave himself a bloody good chance of embarrassing the new PM and he well and truly blew it. He asked six or seven totally different questions including one on her new Foreign Secretary's racist comments. But that question came at the end of another question about austerity thereby giving the new PM the opportunity simply to ignore the racism question.

If he'd have just stuck to the racism question and possibly her record whilst Home Secretary then May would have been forced to answer it but nope, he was all over the place. If he wins the leadership race then it's going to be a bloody long 4 years worth of PMQs for Labour supporters. He's just not up to the job of leader regardless of how well-meaning he is. It really is that simple.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So....you actually think he is in politics for the money?! (I'm sure Iran State TV is a MASSIVE money spinner btw...)

To be fair if you're right and his entire life is a massive act then he is a phenomenal actor and I salute you for rumbling him. 99% of the things he does and says suggest a man of principles.

I didn't say he's in it for the money but I do think that someone who boasts about his record of fighting for human rights but knowingly appears on a TV station banned in the UK for broadcasting torture needs to explain himself.

You say he has principles like no other politician in the UK, that he is some sort of shining example of personal beliefs above political expediency yet there are numerous examples of him picking and choosing his principles according to the cause.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You say he has principles like no other politician in the UK, that he is some sort of shining example of personal beliefs above political expediency yet there are numerous examples of him picking and choosing his principles according to the cause.

I never said that. But I do think he comes across a darn sight better than the majority, certainly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agreed, the death of John Smith is a tragedy for the nation...I remember how he shredded Major the week after The Grand National debacle....Corbyn makes the mistake of not following up his initial questions.

How is the government allowed to trot out the same tripe about "their " record on the economy when we accept Food Banks are needed and thousands of workers are on dodgy contracts that avoid employers paying sick pay and holiday pay?

John Smith was absolutely superb. Whereas (and I know some will disagree) Maggie had Kinnock and Foot in her back pocket, Smith used to annihilate Major time and again, and started to make Labour electable. Sadly he passed away and yes Blair took over etc but Labour would have won with Smith at the helm. Absolutely. It wasn't Blairs win it was Smith.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If he wins the leadership race then it's going to be a bloody long 4 years worth of PMQs for Labour supporters. He's just not up to the job of leader .

To be fair, does PMQ's ACTUALLY matter at how good you are at making the right decisions for the country? It's all theatre and nothing actually gets SORTED in them. It's just a chance to try and appeal to the public. An act, if you will.

It's kind of like when people don't like Andy Murray the TENNIS PLAYER because he has a BORING VOICE. I don't really CARE.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Memorable lines...

[FONT=&quot]"He calls it austerity. I call it living within our means. He talks about austerity, but it is actually about not saddling our children and grandchildren with debt."[/FONT]
Business is based upon saddling people with debt.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, does PMQ's ACTUALLY matter at how good you are at making the right decisions for the country? It's all theatre and nothing actually gets SORTED in them. It's just a chance to try and appeal to the public. An act, if you will.

It's kind of like when people don't like Andy Murray the TENNIS PLAYER because he has a BORING VOICE. I don't really CARE.

You could say it's pretty imperative for Corbyn to appeal to the public?

I agree PMQ's really makes little difference in reality but Corbyn really needs to appear stronger in such an arena.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I thought she was poor. Obviously she'd been coached but she has no comic timing and I thought she came across as strident, sneering and cold. Say what you like about Cameron but he did have comic. Timing. (In a public school bully kind of way.)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't really CARE.

Fair enough although this is a thread about PMQs and it does seem to be of interest to others.

I think it will matter especially if Corbyn wins the leadership race because he's going to have to take on the Tories and his own backbenches. 4 years of him fluffing his lines and looking a weak and timid leader will have a drip-drip-drip effect on the electorate. Labour could be down to below its core vote by 2020 with little or no swing voters going his way and non-Corbynites switching to other non-Tory parties.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fair enough although this is a thread about PMQs and it does seem to be of interest to others.

I think it will matter especially if Corbyn wins the leadership race because he's going to have to take on the Tories and his own backbenches. 4 years of him fluffing his lines and looking a weak and timid leader will have a drip-drip-drip effect on the electorate. Labour could be down to below its core vote by 2020 with little or no swing voters going his way and non-Corbynites switching to other non-Tory parties.

Indeed. Goes back to the point of the PMQs are the bits then get shown on the news etc. So if you are shit at it then this will feed into the electorate.

Seeing Maggie tear into the pathetic Kinnock/Foot was chucklesome on the news, and for balance Smith tearing into Major.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Indeed. Goes back to the point of the PMQs are the bits then get shown on the news etc. So if you are shit at it then this will feed into the electorate.

Seeing Maggie tear into the pathetic Kinnock/Foot was chucklesome on the news, and for balance Smith tearing into Major.

Oh I get that. 100%. It's vital because politics weirdly is a popularity contest of personalities, further emphasized by the American style debates.

I just find it odd that we've got to that stage.

You'll hear someone interviewed:
"Oh I really like Theresa May but I'm not sure about Corbyn"
"Oh, OK. Which of his policies in particular are you not keen on"
"Policies, no, I just don't like him".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Labour now HAS to split in two or be totally phucked for the foreseeable. Corbyn is practically catatonic in his lack of any kind of leadership spark whatsoever. Does he make Ed Miliband look like some kind of FIREBRAND by comparison? Hell yes!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Memorable lines...

"He calls it austerity. I call it living within our means. He talks about austerity, but it is actually about not saddling our children and grandchildren with debt."

He could, he SHOULD, have gone to town on May here. There's so much ammunition:

"threatening to cut disability benefits is not living within your means when your only means is benefits...cutting essential services to pay for corporation tax cuts is not living within your means and it's not all in this together..etc..etc".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here