Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
'Mister Speaker, this is turning into Opposition Question Time. Perhaps the Right Honourable Gentleman would like to swap places?' :lolol:

For context for Bears like [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] currently watching Bargain Hunt, the quote was due to BJ non-answering EVERY question but instead just repeating the mantra that Big Brain Dom had instilled in him for today 'Why won't the Right Honourable Gentleman say it's safe for kids to return to school?'. Beyond pathetic

Johnson later referred to Starmer's non answering as 'wibble-wobble'.

That made up phrase from the Prime Minister of Britain in the House of Commons. Unbelievable.

FFS

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It would be of concern if Starmer & Co were to lead our country at a time where economic growth is vital yet the spectre of Union control hovers.

Change the record. Union membership has halved over the last few decades. Strike days lost has subsided massively. Yet you still want to make a fool of yourself posting comments like this.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The unions are an easy scapegoat. My teaching union has told us to ensure that adequate safety measures (social distancing, regular cleaning etc) are being carried out but apart from that, although they oppose the wider opening of schools at this current time, they aren’t standing in the governments way. If anything it’s the lack of consistency across schools because of the totally inept, ambiguous advice. Some schools are closed, some are open. Of those that are open, you’d be hard pressed to find two schools that are doing things exactly the same. Although the number of cases and deaths are dropping, the truth is nobody really knows what will happen over the summer months so it’s hard to predict what September will look like.

Could it be that the unions recognise that there is absolutely no way that you can return totally to school life in the already overcrowded (for the most part) schools that we have and have any chance of observing social distancing. Anybody with any sense could see that right from the very outset/

My 7 year-old granddaughter in South Wales is returning to school very soon. Because of the way they have had to work it all out, she will get two full days between now and the end of term. Her parents are both in responsible jobs and working from home and are desperate to see her back at school, BUT they would not have it any other way.

Of course it is not the Unions. The Government should be able to see that you can not fit a quart in to a pint pot. But they would seem unable to organise the proverbial wild party in an establishment that produces beer. To say they haven't got a clue is a gross understatement. Anybody with any sense would see that just because you say something will happen, that it is going to happen. You need to give some thought to the detail...…. But Boris wouldn't know a detail if it slapped him round the face.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Assuming this was Johnson - am not watching - he seems to be moving into Trump-like territory far quicker than I expected.

He's almost as deluded as Mouldy Boots.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Could it be that the unions recognise that there is absolutely no way that you can return totally to school life in the already overcrowded (for the most part) schools that we have and have any chance of observing social distancing. Anybody with any sense could see that right from the very outset/

My 7 year-old granddaughter in South Wales is returning to school very soon. Because of the way they have had to work it all out, she will get two full days between now and the end of term. Her parents are both in responsible jobs and working from home and are desperate to see her back at school, BUT they would not have it any other way.

Of course it is not the Unions. The Government should be able to see that you can not fit a quart in to a pint pot. But they would seem unable to organise the proverbial wild party in an establishment that produces beer. To say they haven't got a clue is a gross understatement. Anybody with any sense would see that just because you say something will happen, that it is going to happen. You need to give some thought to the detail...…. But Boris wouldn't know a detail if it slapped him round the face.

having recently seen his free trade agreement "speech" on Australian media i'm afraid i have to agree .......absolute goon but to blame him alone is a tad unfair , he has a raft of very well paid advisors and confidantes around him who are clearly all as clueless as each other , he really is like the elephant on top of the telephone box , we can see it up there , we know it's there but we're ****ed if we know how it got up there.

Of course it is - the teachers I know just want to get back teaching.

The teacher I know, Mrs. P., is at school and working harder than ever. Surely it us obvious that, unless you reduce social distancing, the majority of schools are physically unable to accommodate "everyone back at school?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
having recently seen his free trade agreement "speech" on Australian media i'm afraid i have to agree .......absolute goon but to blame him alone is a tad unfair , he has a raft of very well paid advisors and confidantes around him who are clearly all as clueless as each other , he really is like the elephant on top of the telephone box , we can see it up there , we know it's there but we're ****ed if we know how it got up there.

You've got a good point here. Downing Street as a collective appears to be dysfunctional. One of the things that was said of Johnson when he was London Mayor was that he had good, competent people around him. They didn't stop him from making some ludicrous policies, but let's concede that there could be an element of truth in this -i.e give him a good team and he could be half decent. But the perfect storm is to

a) give him a job so big that he simply can't cope (PM being a bit bigger than Mayor)

b) have him surround himself with idiots, fanatics and sycophants.

Of all Johnson's flaws (too many to list) his lack of judgement might be the biggest - and costliest to the rest of us.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
You've got a good point here. Downing Street as a collective appears to be dysfunctional. One of the things that was said of Johnson when he was London Mayor was that he had good, competent people around him. They didn't stop him from making some ludicrous policies, but let's concede that there could be an element of truth in this -i.e give him a good team and he could be half decent. But the perfect storm is to

a) give him a job so big that he simply can't cope (PM being a bit bigger than Mayor)

b) have him surround himself with idiots, fanatics and sycophants.

Of all Johnson's flaws (too many to list) his lack of judgement might be the biggest - and costliest to the rest of us.

Surely the problem is that everyone around him is there because of their blind support for Brexit rather than any talent, ability or even basic competence?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Surely the problem is that everyone around him is there because of their blind support for Brexit rather than any talent, ability or even basic competence?

In fairness to the recruitment department, talent, ability or even basic competence and blind support for Brexit are probably mutually exclusive.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I haven't seen it, but is the Australian Speech the thing my wife thought was so stupid it was a spoof this morning, then realised to her horror that it wasn't, and then when she went back to try and find it she couldn't because it had been taken down from the Downing Street website.

A bunch of clowns!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Change the record. Union membership has halved over the last few decades. Strike days lost has subsided massively. Yet you still want to make a fool of yourself posting comments like this.

There really are plenty of morons who genuinely fear that Trade Unions will ruin the country given the chance, yet somehow, they vote Tory and guarantee the country gets ruined for many, many people. Trade Unions always get an unbelievably bad press but their powers have been progressively reduced over the last 40 years to the extent that companies can pretty much impose what they want and treat staff as they wish without any comeback.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There really are plenty of morons who genuinely fear that Trade Unions will ruin the country given the chance, yet somehow, they vote Tory and guarantee the country gets ruined for many, many people. Trade Unions always get an unbelievably bad press but their powers have been progressively reduced over the last 40 years to the extent that companies can pretty much impose what they want and treat staff as they wish without any comeback.
Delightful choice of use for the noun 'moron'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Delightful choice of use for the noun 'moron'.

What do you think would be the appropriate noun for someone, who once you have explained the very simple logistical issues of social distancing, number of pupils, classrooms and teachers, then immediately replies

'It's probably the Unions' ???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
What do you think would be the appropriate noun for someone, who once you have explained the very simple logistical issues of social distancing, number of pupils, classrooms and teachers, then immediately replies

'It's probably the Unions' ???

Maybe PotG could take the SATS paper below?

BB5C4BEC-C6E2-44BD-9B6F-2C4E421EDBAF.jpeg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Maybe PotG could take the SATS paper below?

View attachment 125059

How about teaching them in any of the thousands of currently unused Village Halls, Leisure Centres, Community Buildings?

Maybe even football, rugby and cricket stadiums almost all of which have Corporate Lounges which are large enough and suitable for groups of kids.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioXHfA0s_G0

Yes this really is our Prime Minister.

I saw that posted on twitter and I thought someone was pi$$ing around

I've been asking on this board for years about thing we'd be selling to the rest of the world that we don't currently. #

Yes, we final have an answer. We will be selling penguin biscuits to the Ozzies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here