Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
How about teaching them in any of the thousands of currently unused Village Halls, Leisure Centres, Community Buildings?

Maybe even football, rugby and cricket stadiums almost all of which have Corporate Lounges which are large enough and suitable for groups of kids.

And how do your propose we transport desks, chairs, resources, IT equipment? What if a child in Reception needs to attend school but their sibling in Year 6 needs to across town to one of these empty spaces? It’s just not a viable, even remotely realistic solution.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And how do your propose we transport desks, chairs, resources, IT equipment? What if a child in Reception needs to attend school but their sibling in Year 6 needs to across town to one of these empty spaces? It’s just not a viable, even remotely realistic solution.

Actually the more I read your reply, the more feeble it sounds.

Chairs and desks can't be moved? Wow.

We've had three months now for the local authorities to get together with teachers/teaching unions to get this sorted.

Even if the kids aren't taught the full curriculum it would mean parents can get back to work, get the economy moving again.

I find the 'can't do' attitude really depressing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

We've had three months now for the local authorities to get together with teachers/teaching unions to get this sorted.

Even if the kids aren't taught the full curriculum it would mean parents can get back to work, get the economy moving again.

Friend of mine works for a local private school, she has a lot of enquiries from worried parents. OK if you can afford it

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Don't kids in the same families go to different schools now then?

Reception and Y6 are the same school but if one pupil is based in a class at school but the other sibling is in one of your empty buildings across town...

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Yet you’ve totally neglected to mention the staffing issues. If each class is split in half (Average of 15 - and bear in mind this would make social distancing impossible given the average classroom size) , you’d need double the staff. Who do you propose teaches these children?

I think it’s a relatively safe bet you don’t work in education. If you did, you’d probably have more insight as to how it isn’t a feasible solution.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm with you, a can do attitude is what's needed :thumbsup:

Give them maps and let them make their own way there, they can sit crossed legged, no need for chairs, desks, books, stationary, computers. It's all just excuses.

Maybe then we can get on and switch our 'can do' attitude to solve the next problem of doubling the amount of teachers.

(And you think that local councils, teachers and teaching Unions should take over responsibility for running Education in this country and take central Government out of it completely ? Radical, I'll give you , but I guess they can't do any worse than whatever bunch of incompetents are trying to do it currently :shrug:)

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

As you point out, the desks, etc issue is by no means insurmountable. The bigger problem, however, is getting the staff and students to the right place at the right time. Given the former teach different cohorts in a day, they'll be hopping from one site to another, or several sites in the scenario you outline.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
NINTCHDBPICT000588280874.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yet you’ve totally neglected to mention the staffing issues. If each class is split in half (Average of 15 - and bear in mind this would make social distancing impossible given the average classroom size) , you’d need double the staff. Who do you propose teaches these children?

I think it’s a relatively safe bet you don’t work in education. If you did, you’d probably have more insight as to how it isn’t a feasible solution.

the patriots will be proud to do it.

and then in the evenings, pick the fruit

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Johnson's answer to why the Leicester figures weren't released for 11 days and why the number of people who have developed Covid in the last week and still haven't been contacted by his world leading track and trace system has increased to 75% ?

Whack-a-Mole.jpg

Still aiming for his target audience with their comprehensive grasp of facts and figures I see :rolleyes:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And only two people this week seem remotely interested, tbf Nicko31 is probably busy in the Brexit thread and will be here shortly, even Tom has swerved it!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just had a catch up.
Starmer destroying our great leader. As per.
I hope he can sustain this attack for a few years. If that will make a difference. Boris Johnson’s supporters are similar to Trump’s in that the more foul, dimwitted and ignorant they show themselves to be, the more their supporters blindly love them.
What a pickle.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Just had a catch up.
Starmer destroying our great leader. As per.
I hope he can sustain this attack for a few years. If that will make a difference. Boris Johnson’s supporters are similar to Trump’s in that the more foul, dimwitted and ignorant they show themselves to be, the more their supporters blindly love them.
What a pickle.

Not sure the public will forget SaKeeeeeeer took the knee for a movement that wants to defund the police.
cfcf525cbfc181f5de4f89656fed1644.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Not sure the public will forget SaKeeeeeeer took the knee for a movement that wants to defund the police.
cfcf525cbfc181f5de4f89656fed1644.jpg

Why? Who has called for the police in the UK to defunded, or this yet another attempt to deflect from the important issue?
Also, your childish attempt to make the oppositions leaders name 'look' Islamic says much about you.

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Why? Who has called for the police in the UK to defunded, or this yet another attempt to deflect from the important issue?
Also, your childish attempt to make the oppositions leaders name 'look' Islamic says much about you.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here