Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Even the Labour lady on now, Seema Malhotra, won't commit re: schools, swerving the question.

Is it the Unions?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
"The whole world is admiring the British government's Coronavirus response." On a grading of Johnson lies, that has to be worthy of an A. No lie is too big.

Imagine having that little shame. Incredible comment

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"The whole world is admiring the British government's Coronavirus response." On a grading of Johnson lies, that has to be worthy of an A. No lie is too big.

Assuming this was Johnson - am not watching - he seems to be moving into Trump-like territory far quicker than I expected.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even the Labour lady on now, Seema Malhotra, won't commit re: schools, swerving the question.

Is it the Unions?
Of course it is - the teachers I know just want to get back teaching.
It would be of concern if Starmer & Co were to lead our country at a time where economic growth is vital yet the spectre of Union control hovers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-51643556

Secondary schools in England can reopen for Years 10 and 12 from Monday.

But only a quarter of eligible pupils will be allowed in school at any one time.

Students who do return will be encouraged to travel separately and avoid public transport.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock conceded that England's secondary schools may not fully reopen until September "at the earliest".

Plans to get all primary pupils in England back for four weeks before the summer holidays have been dropped.

But some nursery and pre-school children - plus pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 - started to go back on 1 June.

Not all schools have reopened, some due to local council advice and some because they don't have the staff or space to safely accommodate eligible pupils. Some parents have chosen not to send their children back.

Yep, If you keep repeating it enough times, It's definitely the Unions :facepalm:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would be of concern if Starmer & Co were to lead our country at a time where economic growth is vital yet the spectre of Union control hovers.

As opposed to the spectre of quarantine, imminent mass unemployment and Hard Brexit with No Deal?

As spectres go, I'll take the unions over the others any day.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Presumably they're admiring it in the sense of "wow, I didn't think anyone could screw it up this badly but fair play..."

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Watching a vid on YouTube of today's PMOs it struck me how Starmer has Boris where he wants him. He asks Boris a question and each time the answer is avoided and Boris attacks Starmer. Starmer sits on this not because he has no answer to give but he is letting the unanswered questions build up. It now is becoming common knowledge that Boris has no answer to Starmers questions and these are on highly important issues to which The Prime Minister must address to give confidence in the government's ability to run the country. It is there for all to see, laid bare, Boris Johnson's inability to answer opposition questions is to deflect attention to opposition policies in an attack is the best form of defence damage limitation exercise. Quite frankly pathetic answers to PMQs

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watching a vid on YouTube of today's PMOs it struck me how Starmer has Boris where he wants him. He asks Boris a question and each time the answer is avoided and Boris attacks Starmer. Starmer sits on this not because he has no answer to give but he is letting the unanswered questions build up. It now is becoming common knowledge that Boris has no answer to Starmers questions and these are on highly important issues to which The Prime Minister must address to give confidence in the government's ability to run the country. It is there for all to see, laid bare, Boris Johnson's inability to answer opposition questions is to deflect attention to opposition policies in an attack is the best form of defence damage limitation exercise. Quite frankly pathetic answers to PMQs

Today he kept trying to ask Starmer questions instead of answering, at one point Starmer said, "I can host PMQ's if you really want me to". Johnson's performance wasn't worse than last week but it wasn't any better

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I shoved in in the sub forum but might as well put it here. Here is the Health Secretary arriving for PMQ today.

0a034bf6-5510-4869-9dd5-2ae6d0dea464.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is it the Unions?

Nobody knows what's best. Everyone still trying to hedge their bets.

Kids don't get very ill but they can spread like adults. Probably. Nobody knows.

Nobody dares say 'send them all back to skool and tell the over 50s teachers to stay on furlough' and 'kids and parents, stay away from the grandparents till we say it's safe.' which is what they should be saying.

Instead....oh well....we deserve the politicians we get. For sure.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Come on, you're better than that :shrug:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Is it the Unions?

The unions are an easy scapegoat. My teaching union has told us to ensure that adequate safety measures (social distancing, regular cleaning etc) are being carried out but apart from that, although they oppose the wider opening of schools at this current time, they aren’t standing in the governments way. If anything it’s the lack of consistency across schools because of the totally inept, ambiguous advice. Some schools are closed, some are open. Of those that are open, you’d be hard pressed to find two schools that are doing things exactly the same. Although the number of cases and deaths are dropping, the truth is nobody really knows what will happen over the summer months so it’s hard to predict what September will look like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here