Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pluses from Cardiff away

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was away in Norfolk with a friend who hates football so i did not know the result until about 5pm now I know when I get home only watch the second half tonight.well done to all those fans that traveled a long way and the ones who are nearer Wales I am proud of you. It was important to cheer the team off at the end this was a battle the war can still be won. Keep the faith and let's take 6,000 to Milton Keynes and Charlton.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Just wish CH has the balls to come out and say what we all think... Formation and line up wrong, didn't do anything about it til HT and by then game over.

Although I agree with your point, but it was woeful team defending that contributed to our downfall.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
No injuries or sendings off, and TBH our goal difference is never going to get us over the line anyway. Hope we've used up our bad luck in one game

No, we used our bad luck with three home defeats over Christmas and two dreadful away results over that period. Have we learned nothing as a team, these performances are not of Club looking to secure promotion, I watched as the idiosy unfolded before me and wondered if we could have been more crass than we were!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A month behind me!

I actually learned that 2 or 3 of them out in the pitch couldn't handle a bit of rain. They gave the impression they would rather not have been selected.

I learned that Skalak is a fairly decent player but Murphy is better.

I learned that Dale Stphens is a decent player but he is lost without Kayal covering for his errors.

I learned that Knockeart is a fine player but he needs to learn not to wander all over the plave especially when Scott Malone was pushing forward as much as he was.

And finally I learned that Adrew Crofts does not know how to play a forward pass.

I think Chris got team selection wrong and that without Kayal and Murphy in the team we lose the two most mobile players and that was needed today in such weather conditions and hopefully he won't experiment like that again between now and the end of the season.

That is rather scathing for you but I think you missed 1 point Crofts should onky be used in a dire emergency as he stops tge fliw of our team.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not sure there were any 'plusses'

It was a seriously disappointing result which frankly was down to CH with his team selection which showed no respect to Cardiff.

Why did we not go for a result against Cardiff rather than 'resting' players with 'Bristol City' in mind - this could prove to be yet another season defining BAD decision ! Points on the board are far more important than fast forwarding to the next game which, on paper, should have appeared perhaps less challenging.

Resting Kayal, Murphy, Rosenior (who should have been started even if he had to be taken off) :ffsparr:

Whereas the change to 4-5-1 was appropriate at Hull, what the ---- was he thinking about ?

It was a not an unusual scenario, first ten minutes all over them then Dunk 'seriously' fouling and could easily have been a card (one or the other) and from then on, and especially after DS comic cuts intervention, became a chapter of disasters.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is rather scathing for you but I think you missed 1 point Crofts should onky be used in a dire emergency as he stops tge fliw of our team.

Sorry didnt get to edit the typing errors in time . It should of course have read, Crofts should only be used in a dire emergency as he stops the flow of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here