Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plucky little Bournemouth

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It's getting boring.
The usual whingeing about Bournemouth and their excellent manager.
For Christ's sake, we had the Prem right in our sights and sadly blew it at the end. Let us stop banging on about B'muff and Palace and just get to join them by getting sufficient points this season.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
We've had several bites at the cherry (pun not intended) and haven't managed it. Bournemouth spent two seasons in the Championship, finished top half with their first and then won the bloody thing with their second. Can't blame them for being ruthless.

Looking at their spending, it's quite impressive how much of it is on young players. If the worst happens, they should have enough value there to sell on again and reap some money back. There is no getting away from the fact that Eddie Howe is a very good manager. Even if it didn't work out for him at Burnley as our Burnley fan will insist.

They're a small club with a small ground, but it matters not when gate money is insignificant in the PL.

It's up to us to sort ourselves out and stop falling away when our chance presents. Threads like these don't help that and only make us look bitter.

We're only a few weeks or so away from the new season, let's look forward to that now. Let's get all the new season optimism going!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Thanks WS - 'Your Burnley fan is just an obsessive who has always hated us when Eddie left (for well documented personal reasons) - so I don't even know why he's so bitter..especially after making a few decent signings that helped their Dyche led campaign the season after. It's so obvious he's in love with him really ;-)

This thread is one of a few about us - I'm not surprised due to the few near misses you have had, I'm sure there's so mutual the other way too. In the end we can never really change what happens to our club if someone just comes in with a load of dosh and decides to invest. In the end if we go down this season, it's been a laugh and it will be time to sort the ground out establish ourselves in the Championship. That will be a result looking at the longer term.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Good luck to them and to be fair it's great to see unlike the usual clubs that go up and down....we love underdogs in the cup and this is no different.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst many other other clubs reigned in their spending in order to abide by the rules, Bournemouth cheated at the perfect time. They stuck a middle finger up to FFP, spent wildly beyond their means, and took full advantage of a division that was significantly weakened due to clubs like BHA trying to stay within the rules. Now they are reaping the rewards.

I guess we're all feeling a bit silly now for not doing the same, being as the "punishment" for flouting the rules turned out to be pretty much non-existent. Bournemouth are living proof that cheats do indeed prosper.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
"Not just been bankrolled"....you must be joking because that is exactly what it was. Read the reliable Swiss Ramble blog - in 2014/15 when Bournemouth got promoted to the PL, their wage bill was 237% of their income (a record I believe).....they spent nearly TWO AND A HALF TIMES their income on wages for those not comfortable with figures.

When AFC Bournemouth (why not Bournemouth FC?) "bought" their "fairytale" promotion there was widespread rejoicing in the national sports media and by fans of big PL clubs whose knowledge of Football League affairs was very limited or non-existent, so I hope that when AFCB are relegated it will bring the same amount of celebration and rejoicing from all TRUE football fans, who prefer to see success achieved within the rules and a sense of FAIR PLAY.
*cough* Joey Barton *cough*

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
To the Bournemouth fan who earlier posted that most Burnley fans hold Smug Eddie in high regard, the truth is that but for Eddie's alleged bad case of "home sickness/nagging wife" the Clarets would probably be in League One now or even worse.

So for that, Mrs Howe you will get my eternal gratitude.:)

Didn't Howe put together the bulk of the side that Dyche took on and got promoted with in the first place? Ings, Vokes (Bournemouth lads I think?) Trippier, Mee, Shackell all down to Howe I believe?

As an aside, what do you think about Dyche gonig forward, is he likely to get his head turned by a bigger PL side, or do you think he's happy enough at Burnley to stay what come May. Certainly excellent at grinding out the wins at this level at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here