Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plenty of fish

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Met my mrs on Match.com. Would definitely reccomend a paid-for dating site as it tends to weed out all the fakers / people who are messing about.

Been with her almost a year and a half now, going v well :)

Heard some horror stories about POF and Tindr and other similar free sites.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This! Mad me laugh! Why oh why would you put a picture of your dog on your profile on a dating website!? I don't give a sh*t if you have a dog and what it looks like!

dog.jpg

This was actually on someone's profile.

View attachment 52179

This was actually on someone's profile.

I agree with you, [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION], [MENTION=1584]livingston seagull[/MENTION]. It seems ridiculous...

...but the economist in me says actually that it's a great signalling device. Your dog is a major part of your life, you like dogs, they're a major topic of conversation in your house. You know that your potential partner is going to have to really love dogs too, so there's no point wasting your time dating loads of people that don't love dogs. By setting a picture of a dog as your profile picture you are making sure that all of the non-dog lovers will ignore you, but you're highlighting your love of dogs so that someone who loves dogs and is ugly (because let's face it, if you were fit it would be a picture of you with your dog) might well send you a message.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I agree with you, @Nibble, @livingston seagull. It seems ridiculous...

...but the economist in me says actually that it's a great signalling device. Your dog is a major part of your life, you like dogs, they're a major topic of conversation in your house. You know that your potential partner is going to have to really love dogs too, so there's no point wasting your time dating loads of people that don't love dogs. By setting a picture of a dog as your profile picture you are making sure that all of the non-dog lovers will ignore you, but you're highlighting your love of dogs so that someone who loves dogs and is ugly (because let's face it, if you were fit it would be a picture of you with your dog) might well send you a message.

Indeed, it can very useful for filtering out the DOG MENTALISTS, what amazes me is just how many there are.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have had some success on pof. 2 absolute hotties but I am taking time out now. You need to get all your ducks in order first. Only go into dating when you have all your shit together. But POF ? For sure it could be a goldmine.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have had some success on pof. 2 absolute hotties but I am taking time out now. You need to get all your ducks in order first. Only go into dating when you have all your shit together. But POF ? For sure it could be a goldmine.

I met and started talking to my wife on an internet dating site. The lying bitch had told me she had only popped out to her mothers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here