Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium proposal

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have supported the proposal. However I was disappointed to find that there was no provision for a kiosk with an unfeasablly large tea pot in the middle of the away stand and would urge the club to include this in any amended designs.

Last edited:

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Done. Many of your club's ideas sound very similar to our,s which have been very successful. Good luck & maybe meet in the EPL one day, you never know. Just hope it's not a lower division, means we have failed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've seen this joke, but don't know the history. Was it a Falmer objection ?
Survey done.

A report from the Falmer public enquiry from Tom Hark Preston Park.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We're assured the new pitch will be a rectangle!

The irony of moving from three sides to a triangle is not lost on us either!

View attachment 163062
I shall get this done later as a veteran of our war years and also Ox only half hour away.

What concerned by, and surely the opposition will use this, is the Kassum is already built. Might be ownership struggles aka Cov. But it is built. And it’s another bite out of the environment otherwise.

Oxford Fan In Peace

Jul 3, 2023
I shall get this done later as a veteran of our war years and also Ox only half hour away.

What concerned by, and surely the opposition will use this, is the Kassum is already built. Might be ownership struggles aka Cov. But it is built. And it’s another bite out of the environment otherwise.
Yes, that argument forms part of the opposition and the reasons for us having to move is in the FAQ'S I linked to in my opening post. The current stadium owner simply will not sell or extend the lease as he wants to redevelop and Oxford City Council will not compulsory purchase as they need the housing the redevelopment will partly provide. The opposition are directing anger their way too.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Done.

Great city Oxford, had one of the best and most eventful nights out of my life down the Cowley road that finished at a very interesting house party in Blackbird Leys.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, that argument forms part of the opposition and the reasons for us having to move is in the FAQ'S I linked to in my opening post. The current stadium owner simply will not sell or extend the lease as he wants to redevelop and Oxford City Council will not compulsory purchase as they need the housing the redevelopment will partly provide. The opposition are directing anger their way too.
I’ve always known and thought of Kassam as a bellend owner. Anyone that names a stadium after themselves is an immediate red flag. This is where councils need more backbone and foresight. Anyway, as you say, the guys not to be reasoned so plan b it is. You need a much bigger stadium anyway, you could easily do a Brighton.

When you need a fans u day, just make the call. More than a few Thames Valley / Ox based Seagulls be happy to attend and support. Football United will never be defeated!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Survey completed. Only takes a few minutes. Each one will make a difference. Brighton fans know exactly what you're going through.
Wishing you the very best of luck.

Oxford Fan In Peace

Jul 3, 2023
Done, best of luck and please keep us posted on developments.
Will do. Next big decision is on 19th September when hopefully the county council will agree to lease or sell the land to OUFC.

Please continue to support the us by completing the survey. The idea of a Fans United day suggested by another poster has already been taken on board.

Thanks all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've seen this joke, but don't know the history. Was it a Falmer objection ?
It was indeed, part of the LDC's lawyers case against the stadium.

As explained in @Tom Hark Preston Park 's marvellous report, a bat survey was carried out which eventually established that, essentially, there was no bat population at Falmer to speak of, at least not one that the beardy who conducted the survey found. The rather deflated LDC lawyer, groping desperately to make a point, then came out with the immortal line: "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision".

At which point, sitting in the public gallery, I nearly ruptured a kidney trying to stifle an almighty guffaw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here