Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium proposal

Oxford Fan In Peace

Jul 3, 2023
Wasn‘t selling you Dean Saunders for 50p enough for you lot?

All in seriousness.
Please fill this out.
There is a real danger Oxford United will die if the stadium plans don’t go through.
That would be terrible.
It‘s a proper football club, with diehard fans and the club is very much part of the community.

Wasn‘t selling you Dean Saunders for 50p enough for you lot?

All in seriousness.
Please fill this out.
There is a real danger Oxford United will die if the stadium plans don’t go through.
That would be terrible.
It‘s a proper football club, with diehard fans and the club is very much part of the community.
Thank you for your kind words and Dean Sauders! Can't stand him on talksport though!

Oxford Fan In Peace

Jul 3, 2023
I live in the area and 100% support this, gonna give my MP a prod on this.

Next to Oxford Parkway the perfect location. The Kassam is a shocker to get in and out of especially when there is a half decent crowd, appallingly designed place done on the cheap.

I see a lot of parallels between Oxford and BHA, you were up and then you were down and who knows one day the potential is there...
Thank you. Please share the survey with people locally.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oxford fan in peace! Thank you for the loan of James Beadle looking forward to seeing him play.

My club, Oxford United, are desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026. How we got to this stage is a long story but in short we're being screwed over by our ex-owner and current stadium landlord, Firoz Kassam.

When he was the owner of the club and stadium in 2001 he agreed a 25 year licence agreement between OUFC and his stadium company, Firoka. This expires on 30th June 2026 and he is unwilling to extend this or sell to OUFC (3 different subsequent owners have tried) as he stands to make much more from redeveloping the entire Kassam Stadium complex (a process he started two weeks ago: Kassam Stadium owner looks to demolish nearby bingo hall for science facility)
As such, OUFC have no choice to move. A small 11 acre, triangular plot on the edge of the city has been identified as the only suitable land available. It's a logistically perfect location right across the road from Oxford Parkway station and next to the A34. Amenities are within minutes in nearby Kidlington.

The Triangle, as this plot is known, is owned by Oxfordshire County Council and OUFC approached OCC in 2021 about leasing or buying land for a stadium. They have committed to reaching a decision on The Triangle on 19th September and their decision will be influenced by the results of a public survey they are conducting.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be extremely grateful.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form with positive answers at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023.

Additional details can be found here: How do Oxford United’s proposals for the land known as ‘the Triangle’ impact the communities of Oxfordshire?

And here: FAQs – Oxford United Stadium

The benefits to you as away fans will be:
  • A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (5 mins from Oxford City Centre, 8 mins from Bicester Village and an hour or so from Marylebone) and opposite a large Park&Ride site with thousands of parking spaces, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
  • Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
  • A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-side ground we have now.
A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day and hopefully we'll get you in a cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless in just a few years would be massively appreciated.
We need to show support to get the council to agree to leasing or selling OUFC the land in September to allow an planning application to be made in October/November so construction can start in June 2024. OUFC are using The Amex as inspiration and a delegation has visited Brighton due to the similarities in location and transport links:

Thank you for any support you can give us.

View attachment 163061

Done. Despite some “interesting” times with you in the 80s I’ve a lot of time for Oxford as my Mrs is originally from Thame and my ex brother in law is an OUFC fan. Sat with him in the home end for your new year game against Wycombe a good few years ago.

Best of British 👍

Oxford Fan In Peace

Jul 3, 2023
While we’ve got you OFIP I’ve just noticed Oxford City are now in the National League. Are the two clubs from different parts of the city ?
Screenshot_20230706_094316_Maps.jpg

Surprised its 7 mile between us, closer as the crowd flies. There's no rivalry between United and City. City being in the national league could mean its a good place for some of our youngsters to go on loan to whilst still effectively keeping them local and at the club and training full time as City are part time.

Oxford Fan In Peace

Jul 3, 2023
Just giving this a bump as it is now just one week until the Survey closes on 23rd July and we need all the support we can get.

Thank you if you have already filled in the survey to help ensure Oxford United isn't homeless after June 2026. When I posted originally I was hoping for 5 or 6 responses but to have over 50 of you confirm you've responded is absolutely amazing. As a fan base we've been drumming up support at all clubs and you have easily been the most supportive nationally both your fans and club officials. We owe you.

The survey can still be found here: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/

And additional Information here:

www.oufcstadium.co.uk

https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stadium-land-use-negotiations

We'd be very grateful for one last push, please do complete the survey.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
As a localish resident...done.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Survey done.

A report from the Falmer public enquiry from Tom Hark Preston Park.

Hard to believe that was almost twenty years ago now!

Oxford Fan In Peace

Jul 3, 2023
The survey is now closed, thank you to all those who completed it. You have been by far the most supportive club. I can't imagine a situation where BHAFC will need help from OUFC but please get in touch if you ever do, we owe you big time for this.

Oxfordshire County Council will make their decision to lease OUFC the land or not on 19th September. If the lease is agreed a planning application will go in within weeks. 🤞

Thanks all and all the best for the upcoming season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The survey is now closed, thank you to all those who completed it. You have been by far the most supportive club. I can't imagine a situation where BHAFC will need help from OUFC but please get in touch if you ever do, we owe you big time for this.

Oxfordshire County Council will make their decision to lease OUFC the land or not on 19th September. If the lease is agreed a planning application will go in within weeks. 🤞

Good luck, keep us informed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Have sent to some Ox based Premier League fans (plastics!! :) )

Also we’re coming to an Ox game in Sep to boost the coffers :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here