Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please for the love of god move the away support from behind the goal

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Spoken to my Fulham friends who said Albion box above them were spitting and throwing coins, all recorded on their phones.

Hope they get a nice long ban.

totally agree,getting your phone out and recording bollocks at football should be made a criminal offence...we have skytv for that,hopefully these hipsters will be banned from other grounds as well.....and pop concerts......and cycle lanes....whatever happened to enjoying the moment.......i blame Diana and possibly teenage girls

Jan 30, 2008
Time and time again we are seeing a large away following come to our ground and have a party cheering their team on to victory in the second half. I can count on one hand the amount of grounds that give is the whole end behind a goal. Yes you win or lose on the pitch but we don't need to make it easier for the opposition off it as well.

Sort it out in the summer. We are virtually the only club not to have caught onto this obvious ploy.
yeah ,guest beers, stupid coloured lighting ,clapping the away attendance , what a bunch of mugs we are???
regards
DR

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I was among those applauding the efforts of those 3000 Fulham supporters who made a journey of some 50 long miles to watch their team. Sadly, it would seem that the concept of sportsmanship is far beyond the comprehension of some of our fan base.
Well done you, must be a terrible journey they had to make. One that most commuters do every day !
I hope you hot footed it round to the south stand at the final whistle and shook them all by the hand for their marvellous victory over us too.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Time and time again we are seeing a large away following come to our ground and have a party cheering their team on to victory in the second half. I can count on one hand the amount of grounds that give is the whole end behind a goal. Yes you win or lose on the pitch but we don't need to make it easier for the opposition off it as well.

Sort it out in the summer. We are virtually the only club not to have caught onto this obvious ploy.

its a valid point,

Move the family stand to the South,stick the away in the East Lower.....close as possible to the North so i can luzz my "barbecue guest pie" WTF is going on in that pastry related incident?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can think of plenty of other grounds where they put the away fans behind a goal: QPR, Wigan, Wednesday, Bolton, Forrest, Huddersfield, Watford. And that's just off the top of my head, so to say that we're the only team that does it is quite frankly bollocks.
I would also add Barnsley, Doncaster, Spurs, Port Vale, Derby, Birmingham, Charlton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a load of nonsense. Of all the issues at the club at present, fans behind the goal isn't a concern.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm sure we've done this to death in the past and, although I agree wholeheartedly, there were reasons quoted by the club that it couldn't happen.

As I recall, when it was last proposed they give the Away support some of the East Lower, the SE corner and only some of the South (because Poyet also shared the view that we should have home fans behind both goals) the problems were 2-fold (3-fold if you include the differential pricing of these 3 sections)...

The East stand complained that they were too close to the riff raff the opposition brought.
There was something about the segregation barriers along the concourse that were installed in the South but not the East and so we couldn't be flexible [enough] over which bits they got.

To my mind (as a SWC STH, sitting very close to either a large away support or a handful of matchday purchasers) the first reason was cr@p. The buffer zones of unused seats are specifically for this purpose and its not the 1980's anymore!

The second reason may well have been very valid as a short term reason, but this should have been resolved by now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
East stand next to the north stand, would make our lot sing a bit more too.
We are far too nice, still can't believe we clap when the away attendance is announced.

Really? Never heard about that! :lol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Spurs is in the corner unless a cup match, Derby is in the corner, Donny is dependant on numbers. Barnsley is half of the stand behind the goal as is Watford

Derby was behind the goal for the league match last season and Watford, Doncaster and Barnsley were still in the stand behind the goal like our south stand is behind the goal.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not going to happen , when asked the question at the fans forum the reply was No not going to happen .

Oh my Derby tickets have us tucked away in the southeast corner , probably due to only 800 ish sold thus far but thats where we are .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here