Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please be in seats by 2.30 on Saturday for Jacob and Matt tributes

I hope so.

If they don't though (or rather, if Sodexho don't) I really hope that nobody makes a big deal of it. The club's response to the tragedy has been nothing short of magnificent - it would be dissapointing if people chose to pick holes in any small error of judgement.
Any
error of judgement wouldn't be the club's. I imagine there is a contract in place that allows Sodexho to trade at set times, so all the club can do is request them to suspend service for as many minutes as they think appropriate.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I received details of this, this morning, but my day was such that I knew I'd not be able to post it until this evening.

My gut feel is the club do not want to appear to be prescriptive by 'demanding' people are in their seats.

Regardless, it sounds like a great deal of thought has been put into Saturday, and I hope people are able to take part to help pay their respects.

Which is as it should be...be great if people can be ....but not be judgemental if they can't

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Let's remember...it's a day to celebrate the lives of two fantastic individuals close to our club as well.

I hope we can all cheer on the players to give them the extra 10% on the pitch in bagging three points for the memories of Jacob & Matt #Together

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
It's going to be emotional.

As Judee Sill said, "the lower down you go to gain your momentum from, the higher up it will propel you", hopefully the team will feel this way, like those boys would hope.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The club's response to the tragedy has been nothing short of magnificent

I have also been very impressed. They've gone above and beyond anything of what would have been expected of them, and I'm proud to call them my football club.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
May be worth posting on a Hull city forum too? Anyone know what their main forum is?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sadly?
Tributes are one thing, and a good thing.
But forcing people into them isn't.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has already said he doesn't think the club will or should force people. I should have made the thread title less instructional.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has already said he doesn't think the club will or should force people. I should have made the thread title less instructional.

Ok, that's good, otherwise I can see there being a few issues on the concourses, and that certainly would spoil things.
I totally agree with the sentiment, but it needs to be completely optional.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Any
error of judgement wouldn't be the club's. I imagine there is a contract in place that allows Sodexho to trade at set times, so all the club can do is request them to suspend service for as many minutes as they think appropriate.

I'm really not sure what denying anyone a prematch pint achieves though? Maybe some would prefer to pay their respects by raising a toast? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here