Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playing budget to increase by no more than 10%

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we lose a few of the high earners they can be replaced by better players within the new budget.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I am not really sure we are "minted"

Ok, Bloom has financed the stadium, however the club still has to try and stay afloat when we are losing money at Withdean. I seem to recall Perry stating that the break even figure crowd wise at Withdean was 6,000 and that was long before we let the kids in at £130 or what ever their ST costs.

So assuming we are losing money and the directors are having to finance it ( or we are in Portsmouth's situation) then I would have thought the only way we can afford new players will be to see the ones we have that we don't want and spend that money.

I think people tend to get carried away with Bloom's wealth and his inclination to spunk it on the team.
After the dick knight days this is as good as being billionaires:lolol:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove

I love Gus. He lays the law down in no uncertain terms. Straight talking, no messing. We really have a great future under this geniuses management & TB's Directorship. I really feel that all of the rain we have had to endure in between the few sunny days as Brighton fans are all going to be proved worthwhile just as we always dreamed it would be. I love this club & all the ups & downs it has brought me over the past 35 years & Gus is the icing on the cake.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Bloom has recently come out and SAID, "I will be disappointed if we are in the Playoffs"

Make of that of what you will. Poyet has also said that the chairman will provide funds when needed. The way I read it is, he is given a 10% larger budget for players/ wage bill, and two or three "special" players will need to get the thumbs up (or down) from Bloom.

We will just have to wait and see in the summer.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
SECRET warchest in the Summer, then, eh?!

mr_burns_excellent.jpg

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
With a number of higher profile players leaving,perhaps some earning the club a fee,the budget can be reworked.Anyone who thinks we are the Man"city of the division are way way off the mark IMO.The squad i am sure can be revamped within Mr Blooms budget,providing Gus can unearth that 25 goal striker,that's the clever bit, we,ve done it before !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here