Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

players who underperformed/underachieved at international level?

Oct 25, 2003
All great shouts too. Hudson was a ridiculously skilful player. What say everybody about Cantona? No denying he was brilliant in the Premiership, can't recall him doing anything for France. He probably had a bust-up though, knowing him.

And would Messi be another? Happy to be shot down over this one. (edit - someone beat me to it)

Cantona is a weird one...he scored 20 goals in 45 games for France which is a pretty decent return. Remember that he retired fairly young and was also suspended for a fairly lengthy spell. I believe they were planning on building the team around Cantona before the Selhurst incident, by the time he returned he'd lost his place to Zidane....he probably also called them pricks or something. In fact he called his first national coach 'a bag of shit'.

Overall I'd say he's very much qualified for this thread.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
David Ginola, Ian Wright.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
My boyhood hero - Jimmy Greenhoff great club player and never played for the full England team :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hoddle, Brian little

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Chris Waddle.

He had a good World Cup at Italia '90 but he was surrounded by some great players in that England team (Paul Gascoigne, David Platt, Des Walker, Gary Lineker etc). He was amazing for Spurs and then went to Marseille for a world record fee at that time I think (?), he was recently voted their second most favourite ever player. Incredible talent with pace and skill on the wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here