Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players ratings vs MKdons

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 7.5 Crucial stops again & great entertainment with his sweeping skills

Bruno 6 not his best game but left badly exposed (see below)

Dunk 5 really misses Greer's guidance but sadly for him Uwe's a better bet right now, so bench awaits

Uwe 7 very solid, luckily

Rosenior 7 Good signing, great attitude

Stephens 6 not his best game

Kayal 7 reliable

Murphy 7 quietly effective

March 7 for the goal. Otherwise, slippery but final ball/decision is frustrating & as the game went on he was a liability defensively

Baldock 6 needs a goal but we missed him when he went off. Fingers crossed for the injury

Hemed 6 desperately, desperately needs a goal - like we still need a striker

Bobby 5 his control & thinking look a class above but he looks a million miles from fit

Crofts 6.5 looking more effective as he gets match fit

Elvis 6 enthusiastic & strong - let's see

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 7
Dunk - 6
Hune - 6
Rosenior - 7
Murphy - 7
Kayal - 7
Stephens - 7
March - 8
Hemed - 6
Baldock - 6

Zamora - 6
Crofts - 6
Manu - 6

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Hunemier 8
Dunk 5
Rosenior 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 6
March 7
Hemed 6
Baldock 6

Subs
Crofts 6
BZ 5
Manu 5

Ref 4

I wonder when DS will try to dribble around a player and lose the ball, it will happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Hunemier 8
Dunk 5
Rosenior 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 6
March 7
Hemed 6
Baldock 6

Subs
Crofts 6
BZ 5
Manu 5

Ref 4

I wonder when DS will try to dribble around a player and lose the ball, it will happen.

I thought you said Rosenior was shite and we were 'desperate' for a loanee left back ? You gave him your second highest mark

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I thought you said Rosenior was shite and we were 'desperate' for a loanee left back ? You gave him your second highest mark

BG's been caned for it on here ever since & is backtracking.
I see he's also still desperate for Stockdale to make a mistake & prove him right

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can't be bothered to rate all but Dunk was awful yesterday throughout and needs to get back to his pre contract game. Stephens had a quiet game. March man of the match.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stockdale. 7. Steady and made one good save with his feet at the near post. Nifty footwork again and a marked contrast between his distribution and the Dongs' keeper's abysmal performance
Bruno 7. Solid enough if not his best performance
Hunemeier. 7. Good steady performance on the ground and in the air
Dunk. 4. Error strewn performance which was disappointing after two improved performances away from home
Rosenior. 6. Good enough performance to suggest we needn't panic
Stephens. 6. Not quite back to his best
Kayal. 7. More mistakes than normal especially in the second half when Carruthers in particular was allowed too much space
March. 8 MOM hitting form and confidence growing as a result
Hemed. 6. Missed some good chances. Have to feel for him and he certainly doesn't give up or hide. Sure to get back on the goal train soon
Baldock 6 Looking more CMS-like every game. Lots of running. No goals. Does lots for the team admittedly but needs to find his scoring boots
Murphy. 7. Seems to run out of steam every game. Did he come back from offside for his goal? Not that it matters. If Baldock is injured looks like a natural replacement (and maybe an improvement) allowing space on the wing for Kaz to come back

Crofts. 6. Helped to plug some gaps late on
Zamora. 5. Not his day. Petulance lead to a booking
Manu. 6. Showed some promise. He desperately needs game time but may struggle to get it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG's been caned for it on here ever since & is backtracking.
I see he's also still desperate for Stockdale to make a mistake & prove him right

Before making a comment I would suggest that you get your facts right. I have always said that Rosenior is class and yesterday his defending was good but his attacking is poor, which I put down to him using his right foot. As regards DS if you read my comments on the POTS so far you will see I think that he has improved beyond recognition this season. Not a case of back tracking at all just sticking by an opinion.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Stockdale: 7. Good save, otherwise another quiet game.
Bruno: 6 - Not up to his recent standard
Rosenior: 7 - Doing a solid job
Hunemeier: 7 - a rock.
Dunk: 5 - Disappointing after particularly commanding performances at Reading and especially at Sheff Weds. It seems he still has a rush of blood every few games. Very lucky that the Ref gave Lewis the benefit of the doubt over the penalty claim.
Stephens: 6 - Another performance slightly below his recent standards.
Kayal: 6: Ditto - their midfield partnership was not as imposing as in recent games. They seemed to run out of steam after an hour, not helped by failing to bring March and Murphy into the game and keep MK Dons on the back foot.
March: 8 - MoM. Well taken goal, reward for his impact in the 1st half. Becoming more consistent, harder to shake off the ball and willing to get stuck into tackles too. Keep it up Solly.
Baldock: 6 - Didn't get many chances yesterday but we certainly missed his work rate when he went off. Without his pressing and movement MK Dons were far more comfortable at the back and this only gave them more time and space to create more pressure on us.
Hemed: 6 - Really needed him to stick one of his chances away.
Murphy: 7 - An enigma, moments of brilliance and frustratingly peripheral at others. For a wide player he does seem to have the handy knack of getting into position for a close finish (thank goodness). Maybe he could cover for Baldock in his absence....

Zamora: 5 - I'm not sure he is fully fit. Didn't complete the warm up at Reading where he then had little impact as a Sub, then missed Sheff Weds. Plus really needs a mobile Baldock type of player off him, rather than Hemed
Crofts: 6 - Needed him to bolster midfield and counter the momentum gained by MK Dons.
Manu: 5: - Early days but speaks volumes that Hughton doesn't seem to have enough confidence to use Elvis more proactively.

3 points for change which keeps us nicely in the top two - at 2-0 we should have kicked on but were let down by the recurring lack of clinical finishing to kill opposing teams off. Combined with another touch of 'Amex-itis' for the team - it seems we can stroke the ball around in imperious fashion during away games but somehow lose momentum against the stragglers at home. Seems to rub off on the crowd and affects the atmosphere, when really the place could / should be rocking.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Hunemier 8
Dunk 5
Rosenior 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 6
March 7
Hemed 6
Baldock 6

Subs
Crofts 6
BZ 5
Manu 5

Ref 4

Murphy?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale 6 He isn't worth any points to us over the course of a season, as proven with another questionable goal conceded yesterday.
Bruno 6 Ordinary game for him, no real influence.
Hünemeier 6 Very average performance, caught out a couple of times but does the simple things well usually.
Dunk 6 Lucky not to give away a penalty, concentration is the weakest aspect of his game now.
Rosenior 9 I wanted a left back in on loan, and still believe it is the best option but what a performance, absolutely magnificent and clearly MOM.
Kayal 6 Not affecting the game like he was earlier in the season, still a quality player but standing out a lot less.
Stephens 7 Ticked along as he does, got involved all over the pitch and shaded it over Kayal for me - quality pairing though.
Murphy 8 Brilliant performance, very dangerous in the first half.
March 8 Faded in the second half but created so much first half and a brilliant goal.
Hemed 7 Getting in the positions, wasted the header but couldn't have done too much more with the shot off the post.
Baldock 5 Mysterious how he gets praised for an ordinary work rate, awful finishing as ever and lucky one of the miskicks fell to Murphy who showed composure and class.

Subs
Zamora 7 Gives us such a different option, time for him to start the odd game now.
Crofts 6 Did what he was brought on for.
Elvis 4 Laughably out of his depth, awful performance.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Stockdale 6 He isn't worth any points to us over the course of a season, as proven with another questionable goal conceded yesterday.
[

Seems a bit harsh - yes it would have been good if Stockdale had got a hand to it. However Maynard got his powerful shot away early and it beautifully arced away from Stockdale into the corner of the goal, helped by the greasy surface. Credit for a well taken goal (Hemed and Baldock take note), whether Maynard meant it or not. Either way Stockdale didn't stand much of a chance. He's also been beaten by similarly clinical goals eg Madine's header at Bolton that was a fag paper inside his right post. Nothing he could do about that, in fact both goals I mention posed more questions about defending by our CBs rather than Stockdale.

IMHO Stockdale has already saved more points for us than he's lost. No denying he's made a couple of errors this season, most recently at Reading last week but he also made a series of fine saves that kept us in that game. I feel he's becoming more consistent and is one of the reasons why we've remained undefeated.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Seems a bit harsh - yes it would have been good if Stockdale had got a hand to it. However Maynard got his powerful shot away early and it beautifully arced away from Stockdale into the corner of the goal, helped by the greasy surface. Credit for a well taken goal (Hemed and Baldock take note), whether Maynard meant it or not. Either way Stockdale didn't stand much of a chance. He's also been beaten by similarly clinical goals eg Madine's header at Bolton that was a fag paper inside his right post. Nothing he could do about that, in fact both goals I mention posed more questions about defending by our CBs rather than Stockdale.

IMHO Stockdale has already saved more points for us than he's lost. No denying he's made a couple of errors this season, most recently at Reading last week but he also made a series of fine saves that kept us in that game. I feel he's becoming more consistent and is one of the reasons why we've remained undefeated.

I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree - I think he is beaten by soft goals quite often, Huddersfield to add to the ones you've mentioned and then there's Leeds away where he kicked the ball into someone which nearly resulted in conceding a ridiculous goal. They say top goalkeepers are worth 10+ points per season and, genuinely, I don't think Stockdale is worth any in that way. He's a perfectly competent goalkeeper but he can't be relied on to make the big saves or to make saves which keep us in the game. I think for every game where you can make an argument in his favour, he'll let in a ridiculous goal to at least balance it out.

Last season, for example, Norwich away. At 1-1 he was making saves all over the place and looking a top goalkeeper, but then you have Cardiff at home where he stupidly came for a cross which was obviously never his and Kenwyne Jones flicked in a header - stupidity/lack of concentration/baffling arrogance. Whatever it is, it's why he's playing in the Championship and would be replaced if we went up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree - I think he is beaten by soft goals quite often, Huddersfield to add to the ones you've mentioned and then there's Leeds away where he kicked the ball into someone which nearly resulted in conceding a ridiculous goal. They say top goalkeepers are worth 10+ points per season and, genuinely, I don't think Stockdale is worth any in that way. He's a perfectly competent goalkeeper but he can't be relied on to make the big saves or to make saves which keep us in the game. I think for every game where you can make an argument in his favour, he'll let in a ridiculous goal to at least balance it out.

Last season, for example, Norwich away. At 1-1 he was making saves all over the place and looking a top goalkeeper, but then you have Cardiff at home where he stupidly came for a cross which was obviously never his and Kenwyne Jones flicked in a header - stupidity/lack of concentration/baffling arrogance. Whatever it is, it's why he's playing in the Championship and would be replaced if we went up.

It bemuses me that people still think like this about Stockdale. He's made one mistake that cost us a goal this year, against Reading, a game which he had already kept us in with great saves. Huddersfield is a classic example of what I was talking about last season. You would not have criticised Kuipers or Kuszczak for that goal but, because you have an axe to grind with Stockdale, you do blame him.

As for not winning us points, he kept us in the game against Blackburn when it was 0-0 (three points won), won us the game against Bristol City as they had a number of chances at 1-1 (three further points) and, finally, made a crucial save at 2-1 on Saturday (another potential two points). I will ignore your criticism of Stockdale for the goal on Saturday as, frankly, it's such a ridiculous thing to say it's not worth responding to.

As for replacing him if we went up, we may do that but, out of the current first eleven, I'd say Stockdale is quite high on the list of those who might actually start next season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He has the best stats in the Championship, for clean sheets, punches and saves. Maynard's goal was not a soft goal, as seen from the north stand.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
[

B]I think he is beaten by soft goals quite often[/B],..............................I think for every game where you can make an argument in his favour, he'll let in a ridiculous goal to at least balance it out.

Really? You've shifted the goalposts in your quest to find fault in Stockdale. The goals conceded against MK Dons, Bolton and at Huddersfield were not 'soft', just great finishes with a hint of luck for the attacker. If any criticism can be implied it should be for our defending, rather than goalkeeping. OK DS got away with the blooper at Leeds, but no goal resulted..... Yet you are portraying Stockdale as liability. This just isn't reflected in our current league position, unbeaten record and as his own stats show.

DS made a series of classy saves recently that kept us in games, not least at Reading - and is a big reason for us remaining unbeaten. Another typical example was at Bolton when were under the cosh, a fierce close range drive was horribly deflected off the shin of a defender, spinning low down to his right just inside the near post and I still don't know how he adjusted and flicked the ball (Banks v Pele style) up and over the bar! One of the best saves I've seen from an Albion keeper.

IMHO Stockdale is one of the players to have steadily improved over last season and has already saved our blushes way more often than he's caused them, so deserves more credit than criticism.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He has the best stats in the Championship, for clean sheets, punches and saves. Maynard's goal was not a soft goal, as seen from the north stand.

Do you have a link to that?

As I said in my other postings, I think he's a competent Championship goalkeeper but for me, he's not specifically worth any points over the course of the season. He's far from being the worst keeper we've had, but he's not in the class of some of the others from the last 20 years, not for me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you have a link to that?

As I said in my other postings, I think he's a competent Championship goalkeeper but for me, he's not specifically worth any points over the course of the season. He's far from being the worst keeper we've had, but he's not in the class of some of the others from the last 20 years, not for me.

Search Twitter for Championship stats. I posted a link last week on here so you could try a search on Nsc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here